Halo 4,5,6? SDK

Dreamers gonna dream…

One thing that I would love to come with Halo 4 (or 5, or 6!), is a SDK, more specifically geared towards a map editor, like the core aspect of the Unreal Development Kit, or Hammer, for the Source Engine.

This would allow people who are great at level design to create awesome maps to their hearts content, using a PC to create brilliant maps, using the engine they know and love.

Ideally, the maps could be transferred to a 360s HDD and played from there, and these maps would be shared with the community, and downloadable in-game.
Obviously, a map would be very large in comparision to the current forged maps, but It is possible for this to be implemented.

The SDK would be avaliable for free upon purchasing the game, but publishing a map would require a yearly fee to be paid. This will filter out all the ‘worse’ stuff.

A few features of the level editor could be thus:
-Multiplayer map building ability
-Firefight map building ability (less likely)
-Campaign map building ability (least likely)
-Terrain and material editing
-Triggers, including a visual programming language (to create a door for instance)
-Vehicle and weapon editor, adjust damage, skins, or add new weapons/vehicles.
-Force fields, soft kills etc.

Community, what is your opinion on this? Are you for? Against? I’d love to hear some feedback.

Note: This will not affect the forge, but maps created in this editor could be edited in the Forge.

Have to pay? Make it like Starcraft 2 free.

> Have to pay? Make it like Starcraft 2 free.

Fees are the only way we can tell a map is semi-descent. Otherwise we’ll end up with 9,001 maps of [redacted] and naughty bits.
Even if the fee is only 1000 msp, that would be fine.

Paying is a terrible idea.

Agreed with everything, but paying.If your maps are good enough, they will make their own way, and everybody must be able to share a map, and have a chance.So the filter is not a good idea.

> Paying is a terrible idea.

Don’t think paying is such a good idea. But the rest sounds good. Forgers need more variation to the looks of their maps as well as having more chance to create better maps. I’m with this.

> Dreamers gonna dream…
>
> One thing that I would love to come with Halo 4 (or 5, or 6!), is a SDK, more specifically geared towards a map editor, like the core aspect of the Unreal Development Kit, or Hammer, for the Source Engine.

Thats called development. If u want tools like this than get a XDK and develop ur own maps :wink:
Btw Halo maps are created with 3ds Max.

The reason I mentioned paying is so people don’t start to submit -blam!-. If there was another way, that would be acceptable.

OMG yes I WANT SHINY COLSNAP AND EXTINCTION!!!