Halo 4 4GB Slim Hard Drive Support

So basically, those who have had the 4GB slim xbox have basically lacked the basics that all of you guys with the xbox’s that have hard drives. Here’s a list:

-no co-op campaign
-no co-op firefight
-no theater mode
-no fileshare

This has been a problem since Halo 3. Reach fixed it somewhat by implementing co-op campaign and firefight in matchmaking, but we still don’t have access to theater mode/fileshare. BTW, buying a flashdrive does not fix the problem. Tahnks to this, i can’t get endure, deja vu, or any of the firefight achievments. I mean come on 343, i bought the $199.99 version because i didn’t have money to buy the more expensive one. The only reason why i’m here talking about this is because it has been rumored by IGN that Halo 4 needs 8GB free cache.

What are we gonna do!!!

That’s when you go to the shop and buy a hard drive!

I bought a 250 GB hard drive for about 50 bucks.

It’s worth it, in my opinion.

You will have to buy a new hard drive then. They really don’t cost that much.

Halo 4’s Multiplayer will take 8GB to run, so if you’re stuck with a 4GB Hard Drive, you’re out of luck.

But since you have the slim, and the hard drive is built in, you’re gonna have to either get a massive USB stick, or buy a new Xbox. Otherwise, I won’t be seeing you too much in Matchmaking.

OP is -Yoinking!- outdated he’s talking about Reach

in Halo 4 you can’t play MP (War Games) without installing 8gb that’s being said

That’s what you get for buying the cheapest possible xbox on the market.

Man up, shell out a few more $$$ and go get a bigger hard drive.

If you care enough about Halo, you might wanna care enough to do whatever you need to do to play it. That being said, just go to a Gamestop (or use the website) and ask them if they have a used slim hard drive. At the one I work at, they’re a little rare, but again, ask for it to be looked up, or just buy the 320 GB (the only only size Microsoft makes new for the slim).

Where do you expect the data to be stored op?

> BTW, buying a flashdrive does not fix the problem.

I know exactly what you mean. For 5-6 months, I was without a hard drive, having to record all my endeavors from first person. Very frustrating when I had 3 usb drives that could store as much as a 20 GB hard drive.

> You will have to buy a new hard drive then. They really don’t cost that much.
>
> Halo 4’s Multiplayer will take 8GB to run, so if you’re stuck with a 4GB Hard Drive, you’re out of luck.
>
> But since you have the slim, and the hard drive is built in, you’re gonna have to either get a massive USB stick, or buy a new Xbox. Otherwise, I won’t be seeing you too much in Matchmaking.

hd isn’t built into the slim

Honestly I don’t know how people use an Xbox without at least 20GB of storage. Your asking to get screwed over if you don’t. 60GB and 120GB HDDs are not all that expensive.

8GB is not rumored, it’s fact. I’m sorry to put it like this, but if you don’t have the space then you just don’t have it. That might sound mean but that’s just how it is. I understand that you are upset, heck I would also be upset. But posting this doesn’t fix anything.

Also you were’t forced to buy the 4GB slim. You could have purchased a used older model 360 with a 20GB hard drive. That would have cost you about $40 less and you would have had enough space. So the money argument isn’t really valid.

OP I would recommend you start saving up for a hard-drive . .

Here is a good hard-drive http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-320gb-media-hard-drive/97831

You have a little less then 3 months to start saving up to buy such a hard-drive, if you set aside about $17.00 each week up until Halo 4 comes out, then you would have enough for a such a hard-drive.

ps Whatever hard-drive you buy, I highly recommend you buy a new hard-drive rather then a used one, buying a new one can save you a lot of trouble.

> Honestly I don’t know how people use an Xbox without at least 20GB of storage. Your asking to get screwed over if you don’t. 60GB and 120GB HDDs are not all that expensive.

I only play 2-3 games on the Xbox 360. There’s no reason for me to get 60 GB.

Buy hard drives and/or high memory flash drives.

I have 4 GB Hard Drive and a flash drive. I installed Halo 4 Multiplayer on the Flash drive and you can use everything except Theatre and
you cannot access your file share. I believe that theatre is part of war games which is 2.5 GB. I think if you free up space on your hard drive you can install war games or move it from your flash drive to hard drive and use all features including those mentioned above. I am going to try it out today. Otherwise, you can launch the Halo 4 menu and go to Infinity and choose download from Xbox Live and choose your hard drive and install just war games on it. Hope this helps.

are you aware this thread is over a year old? Please don’t “bump” old threads. I know you were trying to be helpful. (And that you aren’t actually bumping) But OP has probably gotten a hard drive or moved enough enough to not care about a hard drive.

Old thread is old.