Halo 4: 343i Really Outdid Themselves

Let’s be honest, when we first heard 343i was developing Halo 4, we were all skeptical at first. It was 10 years Bungie crafted and created the original trilogy and kicked it off. So, I was a little skeptical myself. I’ve always been a fan of Halo. It was the first shooter I ever played. It was the second game I ever played, first being Sonic lol.

But Halo 4 really hit the nail on the head. It improved upon so much. I was playing Reach November 5, then I went off to GameStop and they had a Free For All Tournament for Halo 4. I jumped on and as soon as I picked up the controller, it was like a breath of fresh air. This was Halo, Reborn. I won a poster and I couldn’t wait to go home and start up the campaign.

343i crafted an amazing story that both chills and surprises you. The graphics are gorgeous and the new enemies are just absolutely incredible. The wait for Halo 5 is going to be too long. But until then, I’ll be on War Games.

343i, you get an 11/10 from me.

ITT: Discuss what you think of Halo 4.

I’ll be honest as well, the campaign and story was the worst one out of the main titles. Sorry for being a bit harsh but its what i thought of it.

The MP in halo 4 is good but i find myself getting bored too easily.

With my experience over all with halo 4 i give it 7.5/10

I don’t see how it’s so horrible but opinions are opinions.

Overall I agreed with the OP. Having read all the books, comics, etc. the story tied in very well (although I’d say those who have read everything would get more out of it than anyone else). I really enjoy the story (one of the best of the Halos, in my opinion), and the multiplayer (when I’m not being teamed up against people who absolutely destroy my team).

I agree with everything you said. Halo 4 is a work of art!

Overall I thought the Campaign was fantastic and IMO I believe 343i can tell a story better the their predecessors. Forge has improved but also took a hit with leaving “precision forging” out. Theater mode is still the same as Reach but im not really going to complain about it. Multiplayer is great but not perfect and since 343i has said they will be doing weekly updates I think the game is in good hands. - 9.4/10

To me it’s the modern Combat Evolved.

Are you on drugs?

Compared to Halo 3, Halo 4 is POS.

finally this game getting the credit it deserves on this forum!! 100% agree with the OP. Only gripe I have is Join in progress. Once they get rid of that and the 1-50 skill system gets released all will be well in halo land.

This game really isn’t that good, at all.

> This game really isn’t that good, at all.

My good man, you and I are some of the few who see the truth.

> > This game really isn’t that good, at all.
>
> My good man, you and I are some of the few who see the truth.

The people here are too blinded by the gimmicks and can’t see how broken it truly is.

> > > This game really isn’t that good, at all.
> >
> > My good man, you and I are some of the few who see the truth.
>
> The people here are too blinded by the gimmicks and can’t see how broken it truly is.

So being awed by the art direction is a gimmick?

> > > > This game really isn’t that good, at all.
> > >
> > > My good man, you and I are some of the few who see the truth.
> >
> > The people here are too blinded by the gimmicks and can’t see how broken it truly is.
>
> So being awed by the art direction is a gimmick?

You bad kids get a buffed up AR and complain still? Got to be kidding lol

I have to say this game comes in at a close second favorite for me where Halo 2 comes in first at my all time favorite game.

> > > This game really isn’t that good, at all.
> >
> > My good man, you and I are some of the few who see the truth.
>
> The people here are too blinded by the gimmicks and can’t see how broken it truly is.

Right. I’m blind for seeing the game as it truly is. It’s a sequel to Halo 3 and lives up to the glory of the Halo name. Sorry you both didn’t get your Halo 2.5 but this game is amazing. It’s fresh and new. It’s great.

> > This game really isn’t that good, at all.
>
> My good man, you and I are some of the few who see the truth.