Halo 4 2 Disc switching

Since Halo 4 will probably will be in 2 disc format (Campaign disc-Multiplayer disc)

I’m wondering if the set up will be like Battlefield 3 where you have to switch discs even if you have it installed on the hard drive.

Or will it be where if you have the game installed on the drive you can maneuver between Multiplayer and Campaign without switching discs?

I imagine the former as there won’t be any means of accessing matchmaking from the campaign menu on disc 1, and vice versa :\

As of right now, only 343i knows. However, I believe it’ll be the same idea with Halo 4 as it was with ODST: multiplayer on one disc and campaign on the other, where you’ll have to physically switch discs.

Could be wrong, though. Would be mighty convenient if you could select to download the multiplayer (although it seems less likely, seeing that it would be a massive download) and not need to switch discs.

you will always need to swap disks, piracy issues and what not

Yes, the disc is required in order to play Campaign/Multiplayer.

The reasoning is that they don’t want you to simply install the game onto the HDD and be able to pass the disc off to a friend so that they would basically have a “free” copy of the game by installing it on theirs.

> Yes, the disc is required in order to play Campaign/Multiplayer.
>
> The reasoning is that they don’t want you to simply install the game onto the HD and be able to pass the disc off to a friend so that they would basically have a “free” copy of the game by installing it on their Xbox.

exactly my point

is this true or just trolling ?

the second disc is bonus features like halo 2 was. at least that’s what i am thinking it is. the only reason they split up multiplayer and ODST campaign/firefight is because ODST campaign/firefight was unique to ODST. The multiplayer disc was simply Halo 3’s multiplayer with map packs and had nothing to do with ODST (Other than the vidmaster challenge)

Second disc is the forward unto dawn thing.

> Second disc is the forward unto dawn thing.

I believe it will be downloadable content

>
> The reasoning is that they don’t want you to simply install the game onto the HDD and be able to pass the disc off to a friend so that they would basically have a “free” copy of the game by installing it on theirs.

True but still it would be efficient to have a good switch off from Campaign and Multiplayer.

Although to fix the Disc changing thing all they would need to do is make one of the discs primary to access all the modes. For example the Campaign disc in the drive will be able to access both Campaign and Multiplayer while the Multiplayer disc could not access the Campaign

> Second disc is the forward unto dawn thing.

David Ellis said ages ago that it will be streamed. They werent able to mass produce physical copies for the LE

> you will always need to swap disks, piracy issues and what not

This

> > Second disc is the forward unto dawn thing.
>
> I believe it will be downloadable content

It is why are soo many people misinformed…

343 was talking about how you get to the main screen then select campaign or infinity…so why do we have 2 disks…?

> > > Second disc is the forward unto dawn thing.
> >
> > I believe it will be downloadable content
>
> It is why are soo many people misinformed…

Technically, as I previously stated, it’ll be streamed for the LE

>
> The reasoning is that they don’t want you to simply install the game onto the HDD and be able to pass the disc off to a friend so that they would basically have a “free” copy of the game by installing it on theirs.

Actually, it’s more Microsoft’s thing here as it won’t let you play any installed game without the original disc in the drive.

> > Yes, the disc is required in order to play Campaign/Multiplayer.
> >
> > The reasoning is that they don’t want you to simply install the game onto the HDD and be able to pass the disc off to a friend so that they would basically have a “free” copy of the game by installing it on theirs.
>
> Actually, it’s more Microsoft’s thing here as it won’t let you play any installed game without the original disc in the drive.

Sony doesnt let you do that with their games, and you cant even install on the wii. So why blame MS for common practice?

I think it’ll be one disc the game, And second disc being the Forward unto dawn dvd.

PeacE
ShadEO9

that would mean that you bought two games for the price of one.