Halo 4: 0-G

Most of us saw the Halo 4 trailer and the 0-G thruster packs. We can assume that 0-G will partially play a role in the Halo 4 multiplayer and campaign (however, I wouldn’t like 0-G much in campaign). That’s why I created a thread with all 0-G ideas for Halo 4. So, feel free to contribute!

THIS THREAD IS ONLY IF 0-G IS IN HALO 4, BUT IT DOESN’T MEAN IT IS!!!

I hope Halo 4 tries to introduce a new perspective of multiplayer, and 0-G would be nice in my opinion.

That’s why I thought that there should be a 0-G playlist. At least one completele 0-G map should come with Halo 4. A few other maps should be created in Forge and added to multiplayer. In those 0-G maps, people are required to maneuver with the 0-G thruster packs.

In Forge, we should have 0-G sections, just like the death barriers and other kinds of barriers. We can ajust size and shape and when the player enters that area, guess what, it’s 0-G! Also, we should be able to ajust how much gravity is there with these sections, not just 0-G. Some people may want Low-G.

Those are my ideas. If you have any, as I already said, feel free to contribute. If you disagree, then please be constructive and polite.

P.s: Just to be sure, I’ll say this another time: This applies only if there is 0-G in Halo 4. I don’t claim that it has to. Thanks.
(=

I like your idea of making 0-G sections customizable like death barriers. I’m sure some cool new gametypes can be created from that option alone.

If the thrusters are really in multiplayer, I hope that (in non 0-G) it is pretty weak. Make it a way to brace a fall to avoid fall damage, or to get a couple more feat with a jump. The big thing is, make everyone have this ability, but only VERY short burst with a slow recharge. And since it really isn’t overpowering towards anything it should be fair to have at all times as a standard part of the suit.

But I would be just as happy without it. lol.

As long as the OG maps are in their own playlist.

> As long as the OG maps are in their own playlist.

this.

> Most of us saw the Halo 4 trailer and the 0-G thruster packs. We can assume that 0-G will partially play a role in the Halo 4 multiplayer and campaign (however, I wouldn’t like 0-G much in campaign). That’s why I created a thread with all 0-G ideas for Halo 4. So, feel free to contribute!
>
> THIS THREAD IS ONLY IF 0-G IS IN HALO 4, BUT IT DOESN’T MEAN IT IS!!!
>
>
>
> I hope Halo 4 tries to introduce a new perspective of multiplayer, and 0-G would be nice in my opinion.
>
> That’s why I thought that there should be a 0-G playlist. At least one completele 0-G map should come with Halo 4. A few other maps should be created in Forge and added to multiplayer. In those 0-G maps, people are required to maneuver with the 0-G thruster packs.
>
> In Forge, we should have 0-G sections, just like the death barriers and other kinds of barriers. We can ajust size and shape and when the player enters that area, guess what, it’s 0-G! Also, we should be able to ajust how much gravity is there with these sections, not just 0-G. Some people may want Low-G.
>
> Those are my ideas. If you have any, as I already said, feel free to contribute. If you disagree, then please be constructive and polite.
>
> P.s: Just to be sure, I’ll say this another time: This applies only if there is 0-G in Halo 4. I don’t claim that it has to. Thanks.
> (=

No Physics= ALL FUN!

I could see a map like Condemned or a Boarding Action-type map where the center or a destroying section of it is a zero-g area.

> As long as the OG maps are in their own playlist.

I said they should have their own playlist. I wouldn’t play it so much either. (=

Low gravity in Matchmaking was the worst idea Bungie ever had (even worse than bloom and Armor Abilities).

That being said, a customizable marker (like a hill/objective marker now) that can have different gravitational forces would be nice for custom games, and even to make elevators/lifts on custom maps.

> Low gravity in Matchmaking was the worst idea Bungie ever had (even worse than bloom and Armor Abilities).
>
> That being said, a customizable marker (like a hill/objective marker now) that can have different gravitational forces would be nice for custom games, and even to make elevators/lifts on custom maps.

Why was it so bad? There were only like 2 maps which had only 2 little areas with Low-G. And it didn’t really change anything except longer jumps. It sure wasn’t worse then Bloom and AA’s. But it’s your opinion, I won’t try to change it.

0-G/Low-G barriers would work better then hills in my opinion.

Zero-G sections would work great in the campaign. I remember somebody posting the idea earlier and I thought it was gimmicky, but that was before I played Dead Space 2. It’d be especially awesome if this was combined with an expanded version of the space-based gameplay Reach introduced.

> Zero-G sections would work great in the campaign. I remember somebody posting the idea earlier and I thought it was gimmicky, but that was before I played Dead Space 2. It’d be especially awesome if this was combined with an expanded version of the space-based gameplay Reach introduced.

I agree partially. I would find it interesting if there was one, or 2 missions in 0-G. But I don’t want too many missions in 0-G. It would add variety to campaign so it would be nice. (=

> > Zero-G sections would work great in the campaign. I remember somebody posting the idea earlier and I thought it was gimmicky, but that was before I played Dead Space 2. It’d be especially awesome if this was combined with an expanded version of the space-based gameplay Reach introduced.
>
> I agree partially. I would find it interesting if there was one, or 2 missions in 0-G. But I don’t want too many missions in 0-G. It would add variety to campaign so it would be nice. (=

Naturally. If there’s a sandbox space section, this would obviously be used when you exit a vehicle, and perhaps there could also be a mission inside a ship where pressure is lost and you can use your thrusters. Bu if it gets put in too often, it’ll start getting boring.

> Why was it so bad? There were only like 2 maps which had only 2 little areas with Low-G. And it didn’t really change anything except longer jumps. It sure wasn’t worse then Bloom and AA’s. But it’s your opinion, I won’t try to change it.
>
> 0-G/Low-G barriers would work better then hills in my opinion.

You cannot avoid damage at all once you’re in the air. You loose all ability to strafe.

On Zealot, it provides an easy escape, because no one would be dumb enough to chase out there. Blocking it off makes the map play about 1000x better

On Anchor 9, the map is flat out ruined by it. Anchor 9 could be the best map in the game if it wasn’t for the Low Gravity area. Players trying to jump up to the back side of the middle area (By rocket spawn) get absolutely melted due to the inability to avoid damage.

On Condemned, it is not as bad, but the only way to avoid walking around the entire map is going through the Low Gravity area and once again risking your ability to jump and strafe.

Once again, custom game options are a great idea. Imagine people recreating maps like Space Battles in SWBF2 or making their own gravity lifts like those on Construct in Halo 3 and on Spire.

> > Why was it so bad? There were only like 2 maps which had only 2 little areas with Low-G. And it didn’t really change anything except longer jumps. It sure wasn’t worse then Bloom and AA’s. But it’s your opinion, I won’t try to change it.
> >
> > 0-G/Low-G barriers would work better then hills in my opinion.
>
> You cannot avoid damage at all once you’re in the air. You loose all ability to strafe.
>
> On Zealot, it provides an easy escape, because no one would be dumb enough to chase out there. Blocking it off makes the map play about 1000x better
>
> On Anchor 9, the map is flat out ruined by it. Anchor 9 could be the best map in the game if it wasn’t for the Low Gravity area. Players trying to jump up to the back side of the middle area (By rocket spawn) get absolutely melted due to the inability to avoid damage.
>
> On Condemned, it is not as bad, but the only way to avoid walking around the entire map is going through the Low Gravity area and once again risking your ability to jump and strafe.
>
> Once again, custom game options are a great idea. Imagine people recreating maps like Space Battles in SWBF2 or making their own gravity lifts like those on Construct in Halo 3 and on Spire.

I agree with Zealot.
On Anchor 9, you must take the risk if you want the power weapon. Also, you have a gun in your hand with a reason.
On Condemned, you aren’t forced to go trough that area.
But I see your point and I do agree partially.

We can assume anything we want.
That doesn’t mean it’s likely.

> I agree with Zealot.
> On Anchor 9, you must take the risk if you want the power weapon. Also, you have a gun in your hand with a reason.
> On Condemned, you aren’t forced to go trough that area.
> But I see your point and I do agree partially.

Yeah, I wish they just provided two versions of these maps (kind of like the Anniversary ones) so they would still function without them.

About your Anchor 9 point though: There are three entrances two top mid. Two require you to go through the same part of the Low Gravity Area. Two players on a team can basically eliminate access to the Low Gravity entrances, leaving only one. Give that same team a power weapon and it makes the set up virtually unbreakable.

Condemned, yeah, you’re right. The map is just so damn big though if you choose not to go through there.

Unless you have a power weapon in low gravity, you have to hit every single shot in order to survive. It’s not to difficult to 5 shot (or whatever the AR is) an opponent who cannot strafe, but it is very difficult to 5 shot a strafing opponent.

> We can assume anything we want.
> That doesn’t mean it’s likely.

Didn’t I say it 2 times in the thread? Or is it just my imagination?

> > I agree with Zealot.
> > On Anchor 9, you must take the risk if you want the power weapon. Also, you have a gun in your hand with a reason.
> > On Condemned, you aren’t forced to go trough that area.
> > But I see your point and I do agree partially.
>
> Yeah, I wish they just provided two versions of these maps (kind of like the Anniversary ones) so they would still function without them.
>
> About your Anchor 9 point though: There are three entrances two top mid. Two require you to go through the same part of the Low Gravity Area. Two players on a team can basically eliminate access to the Low Gravity entrances, leaving only one. Give that same team a power weapon and it makes the set up virtually unbreakable.
>
> Condemned, yeah, you’re right. The map is just so damn big though if you choose not to go through there.
>
> Unless you have a power weapon in low gravity, you have to hit every single shot in order to survive. It’s not to difficult to 5 shot (or whatever the AR is) an opponent who cannot strafe, but it is very difficult to 5 shot a strafing opponent.

We find ourselves in agreement. xD

Walking on walls and ceilings would be epic