halo 3 wasn't as flawless as you remember

I remember on the b.net halo reach forums before reach came out, people were all complaining about how much they hated and didn’t want the BR. This is mainly because the gun overpowered all the other guns (not power weapons) in almost every situation. You could never touch any other weapon and still be successful. This is fine for good players, but some of the kids who have just started halo have alot of trouble because they see all these cool guns but they are still overpowered by one main weapon. There are exceptions to thie, but in general what I said was true.

This also leads into my second point.

In halo 3, there was duel wielding, but it was barely used online because it took away your grenade ability while you were using it. People complained and said they wanted to take away duel wielding because of the grenade issue, and because they wanted it to be more like h1.

But now that bungie has made the changes the the fans asked for, the fans realise it was wrong, and are getting all pissed off over something they have asked for.

Just be careful what you wish for.

Funny how people in B.net wanted one particular thing…s bungie gave them what they wanted…next thing ya know the people get pissed about it…kinda sad eh?

> Funny how people in B.net wanted one particular thing…s bungie gave them what they wanted…next thing ya know the people get pissed about it…kinda sad eh?

^the real story of Halo Reach right here.

Halo 3 wasn’t perfect, but it was a million times better than Reach. People wanted the BR to be nerfed, not completely removed and replaced with a piece of crap that doesn’t shoot straight. And if people didn’t like dual wielding, they didn’t dual wield. But Bungie decided to completely forget about the dual wielding community and remove it.

And people wanted equipment to be removed, not to be made as a forced mechanic.

The only time Bungie listened to the community in Reach was Forge, and they managed to make even that bland and boring

I never wished for Halo:reach. I joined the forums a few days after Halo:reach came out raging about how much i disliked the game. Anyway, i believe it must have been the beginners asking for this, not the competetive, and that is why the game sucked totally -Yoink-. Most beginners don’t know the difference between good and bad gameplay mechanics. Every weapon in halo 3 is indeed usefull, you just need to know where, and how to use it.

Bungie stated that they made reach the way they wanted it to be, what they meant was halo.

Halo 3 flawless? lolololololol
Story of the century right there.

First up, OP, I hardly see anyone complaining about the lack of dual wielding and the complaints about Reach not having the BR stem from the fact that we have bloom (which makes the DMR random). I don’t remember asking for bloom, in fact, I don’t remember asking for armour abilities either… odd.

It’s already been stated by Bungie that the forums goers are a minority and our input doesn’t affect game mechanics much, if at all. So you kids are telling me Bungie created a whole game listening to everything a minority had to say? No. Bungie made Reach the way they wanted to. You kids are just trying to pin the blame on the donkey, and you refuse to blame your godly devs Bungie, so next in line is the B.net community. Grow up already.

Hahaha the OP is probably the smartest and most right person I’ve seen so far.

*goes plays Halo 3, experiences epic vehicle combat, has awesome competitive matches
*goes plays Halo Reach, gets in Wraith and gets killed by DMRs after 15 seconds, plays team slayer, quits out of elite slayer, plays Slayer DMRs, throws controller at TV

Which is better?

I actually find it kind of funny, yet sad at the same time. When 3 came out, people said it was terrible and 2 was perfect. When Reach came out, that one sucked, and now 3 is all of a sudden amazing. There is really no way to please people, unfortunately :confused:

Personally, I’ve enjoyed all of the games so far.

> Personally, I’ve enjoyed all of the games so far.

I’d have to agree, I think that Halo is a game that people really have to nit pick to find major flaws. Bungie is such an amazing company, I meant Halo innovated the way shooters play today.

I’m also curious to hear why Reach was such a “bad” game. Honestly, I was skepticle at first, but once I played it I experienced an amazing and dramatic campaign, awesome graphics, and some cool new guns.

No, Halo 3 definitely wasn’t perfect and there are a few things that need to be fixed. However, I do believe that Halo Reach somewhat fixed the BR problem in Reach by making other weapons more powerful, but still have not done quite what was needed. I mean, look at the Plasma Repeater… Nobody ever uses that things (asides from the occasional person that has thousands of kills with it).

And yes, dual wielding was too weak, but that’s because they weakened the weapons you were holding when you had two of them. In theory, this isn’t a problem since it stops the player from being overpowered (in the end, two weapons should be twice as good as one, which is a problem). However, they made the weapons TOO weak while you had two of them, so they just need to bump up the power a bit.

In the end though, Halo 3 was an amazing game, despite having a few flaws. I also believe that Halo Reach is a great game with its flaws, and I know that 343i will be able to make us happy since they are Halo fans as well as the creators of Halo games.

I loved and will forever love Halo 3. It’s not just my favorite Halo game, but my favorite game of all time, period.

> This also leads into my second point.
>
> In halo 3, there was duel wielding, but it was barely used online because it took away your grenade ability while you were using it. People complained and said they wanted to take away duel wielding because of the grenade issue, and because they wanted it to be more like h1.
>
> Just be careful what you wish for.

The reason why dual weilding failed in Halo 3, was becasue of two reasons.

1.) When Dual Wielding, damage was 30% less. Why Bungie Why

2.) Starting Weapon was the Assualt Rifle(Non Dual Wielding Weapon), Halo 2 had SMG which was a dual Weilding weapon.

Halo 2 Dual Wielding was alot of fun, the downgrade and 2 SMG were powerful, the downside of this was you could not use your grenades, but that was the sacrifice you made.

Halo 3, decreased weapon damage by 30% when dual weilding. This is what killed it. Made Dual Wielding pointless. Imagine 2 Spike Rifles, without the 30% less damage, it would had rocked.

Halo 3 wasn’t perfect but it is a lot better than Reach

> > Funny how people in B.net wanted one particular thing…s bungie gave them what they wanted…next thing ya know the people get pissed about it…kinda sad eh?
>
> ^the real story of Halo Reach right here.

>> Group A complains about BR being too powerful
>> Bungie makes DMR less powerful than the BR
>> Group B complains about DMR not being powerful enough
>> Group A = Complainers
>> Group B = Complainers
>> Group A = Group B
>> Everyone who complains is a hypocritical -Yoink- and has no merit behind their complaints

[/sarcasm]

> > > Funny how people in B.net wanted one particular thing…s bungie gave them what they wanted…next thing ya know the people get pissed about it…kinda sad eh?
> >
> > ^the real story of Halo Reach right here.
>
> >> Group A complains about BR being too powerful
> >> Bungie makes DMR less powerful than the BR
> >> Group B complains about DMR not being powerful enough
> >> Group A = Complainers
> >> Group B = Complainers
> >> Group A = Group B
> >> Everyone who complains is a hypocritical -Yoink!- and has no merit behind their complaints
>
> [/sarcasm]

Don’t forget those of us in Group C who like the DMR’s power the way it is :wink:

Ok, I love this.

Halo 3 = people didn’t want the BR because it’s overpowered
Halo Reach = BR is removed and replaced by DMR, and people say it’s over Powered, and they want the BR back.

Groups A and B are full of spoiled little brats. Groups C and D are people who don’t complain about every little issue like it’s not to their liking.

> > > Funny how people in B.net wanted one particular thing…s bungie gave them what they wanted…next thing ya know the people get pissed about it…kinda sad eh?
> >
> > ^the real story of Halo Reach right here.
>
> >> Group A complains about BR being too powerful
> >> Bungie makes DMR less powerful than the BR
> >> Group B complains about DMR not being powerful enough
> >> Group A = Complainers
> >> Group B = Complainers
> >> Group A = Group B
> >> Everyone who complains is a hypocritical -Yoink!- and has no merit behind their complaints
>
> [/sarcasm]

i thought the dmr is at the moment much stronger then the BR, as it can do everything it can plus snipe.

I’m also yet to see anyone complain about it being too weak. where are you getting your information from?

> Funny how people in B.net wanted one particular thing…s bungie gave them what they wanted…next thing ya know the people get pissed about it…kinda sad eh?

exactly. The community will NEVER be pleased.

most of the time after the sequel to the original the community gets spoiled and hates almost everything about the new games. i went back and played halo 3 and that game is HORRIBLE compared to reach. People think nostalgia equals amazing gameplay. They let the good times they had in previous halo games decide the raw quality of the game.

Just cause people didnt enjoy reach doesnt mean it was a bad halo game. Technically the game is the most polished, balanced and smooth online to play. People shouldnt let their feelings get in the way of judging or criticizing a game.

But haters are gonna hate as Chad Armstrong(343i Employee) would say :smiley:

No it wasn’t flawless but it was a great game, far better then it’s prequel Reach. And for the BR that gun wasn’t unfavoured anywhere near significantly at all, a few of the little all knowing obstinate annoying kids hated it because they couldn’t use it effectively. It’s capabilities are pretty balanced and not rigged, I couldn’t shoot people properly over the other side of the maps, and I was able to easily counter people at close range with the assault rifle. The BR is a mid range weapon and people always complain about those weapons.

Honestly the Battle Rifle is just about the most popular weapon in the entire series so quit it with the bullcrap that apparently people hated the BR, yeah a small obstinate minority had a problem with it sure.