Halo 3 vs Reach, Really?...

Around the forums (Which i’m never on at all) i’ve noticed that many people… can’t stop comparing Reach to H3! I’m not living in a rock now, I know that Reach hasn’t been a fan favorite but it still works and is pretty frikin awesome. Granted, it’s not H3 but up until I talked to some major H3 junkie & learned more about the Halo Culture I never really… worshiped & praised it because I never really thought it deserved it. Before i met my Halo junkie buddy i’d found a lot of good games around 2007 and when i’d play H3 multiplayer i’d always say, “Yeah, that was ok… let’s play CoD or something.” (I’ll let you all know that i’m amazing at Halo and go 20-2 every game, my skill doesn’t affect this)

My point is that if you haven’t been consumed by the Halo Community, then you haven’t been brainwashed into thinking “Oh H3 is the best game… plasma pistol is nooby… BR is the best…” and therefore, you wouldn’t praise H3 because honestly, it’s decent. To the untouched Halo gamer its a game with cool alien guns and shields. Tell your non-gamer friend to play Halo a bit and he’ll prolly say, “Yeah, this game was ok I liked the needler but uh, lets play some mario kart or something.” If youre untouched by Halo culture you will think Halo is ok, if untouched and you are GOOD at Halo then you will think its awesome but wont have those feelings about the BR and plasma pistol. Remember that, and i’m on to my next point.

This is just a hypothetical scenario. If you blow me off here, I want you reread my first two paragraphs. Halo REACH gamer, first Halo game, COMPLETELY untouched by all the Halo Culture! Big thing though, he’s GOOD. (You’re definition of good, which should be usin the DMR and not campin) Now imagine that guy going on the HALO 4 FORUMS for the FIRST TIME EVER. That would be his first touch of Halo Culture ever. (Know that since he’s really amazing at Reach, hes conquered all the problems on Reach)

His main reaction would probably be this: How the heck are people complaining about this?! Sprint?! Jet Pack?! What?! These aren’t that bad! Neither of these problems bother me, i’ve learned how to deal with them and be a better Reach player! I can’t believe these people are having trouble with sprint double pummelers and evade… sigh. I know this would most definitely be his reaction, because it was mine. This hypothetical scenario was like my Halo experience to an extent. I still had that untouched guy meets forums experience.

Now, that last point wasn’t a rant on all of yours opinions. Going on from that experience, you should realize that hypothetical guy truly thought there was nothing really wrong with Reach! He thought it was fine!

Now, you understand that whole concept now. If you just said “Concept, pfft, imma go” then you need to reread, you already made it soo far! Now lets say we recreated the same guy, but his game was H3 and we had him argue with Reach guy over which game’s multiplayer was better. This… is where you guys can literally duke it out.

I’d predict this: They’d be stubborn and both would continue to support their own game but realize that both games would be better in some aspects of multiplayer than the other. Like… oh 3 is better than Reach at this, but Reach is better than 3 in this. So… how could you say H3 is better than Reach when this is very true! Theyre two totally different beauties that can’t be compared to each other because they both work so well its just a shame that no one could adjust to Reach!

My last and final say on this matter will be on defending my prediction and why it is the best possible one. Well, obviously it’s a child’s ending but those are always nice. On the mature side… its better since it’ll clear everyone’s goal of making it better than Reach and making it H3 and it’s predecessors instead. It should make everyone try to base their opinions on something else. Idk what, just don’t do what I stated. Bai~

The crucial thing you ignore about the fanatics that whine about each new games is…

Haters

Gonna

Hate

halo 3 is better than reach

/thread

> halo 3 is better than reach
>
> /thread

Yeah… you’re smart. Can I get someone who isn’t gonna reply with a meme or fangasm?

You are absolutely right.

Even post-TU, they are nothing alike. I don’t get the comparisons whenever people bring up TU.

> Even post-TU, they are nothing alike. I don’t get the comparisons whenever people bring up TU.

Exactly.
Yet people still compare the two as if Reach was supposed to be somewhat of a clone. It’s a perspective that’s only gonna cause strife like it’s DONE now.

honestly, its nice to see an outside perspective on things.

halo 2/3 pretty much have a cult following

This H3 cult, from what I’ve read among the war that is the H4 Topic, is being combated by 343. They’re supposedly aiming to make their own original title.

> The crucial thing you ignore about the fanatics that whine about each new games is…
>
> Haters
>
> Gonna
>
> Hate

Fanboys

gonna

pay 60 dollars no matter what trash they put in the game and give praise to a game theyve only seen 20 seconds of and trust a company that has never made their own game.

> honestly, its nice to see an outside perspective on things.
>
> halo 2/3 pretty much have a cult following

So wanting a game similar to the original makes me a cult follower.

Thats some SOLID logic there.

When Halo 4 comes out, there will be H4 vs. (insert older Halo title/other FPS game/other game from other genre here) threads. It is the nature of humans to compare and contrast things, thus is why those kinds of threads are common more often then not.

> When Halo 4 comes out, there will be H4 vs. (insert older Halo title/other FPS game/other game from other genre here) threads. It is the nature of humans to compare and contrast things, thus is why those kinds of threads are common more often then not.

The thing you don’t understand and one of my points was that you shouldn’t compare them.

Halo Reach is better. Simply because of forge, its awesome firefight, and its multiplayer.The campaign has a lot to be desired.Armor abilities are better and can be used more often than equipment. Armor lock will be improved, then people will love it like it was intended to.

> > honestly, its nice to see an outside perspective on things.
> >
> > halo 2/3 pretty much have a cult following
>
> So wanting a game similar to the original makes me a cult follower.
>
> Thats some SOLID logic there.

if its not halo 2 it sucks

I think the problem is that most of the people here have begun playing Halo with Halo 2 or Halo 3. They think that Halo is supposed to be like Halo 2/3, which are very similar, and because of that don’t like ODST or Reach. But if they played a bit Halo 1 MP with some buddies they would notice that Halo wasn’t always like Halo 2/3 and can’t be reduced to these two games, which are actually more like one (the story of Halo 3 was supposed to be in Halo 2 already and the MP is barely any different).

EDIT: Above you have the evidence: Halo 2/3 is called “the original”.

> > > honestly, its nice to see an outside perspective on things.
> > >
> > > halo 2/3 pretty much have a cult following
> >
> > So wanting a game similar to the original makes me a cult follower.
> >
> > Thats some SOLID logic there.
>
> if its not halo 2 it sucks

You have some bad comprehension skills.

> > > > honestly, its nice to see an outside perspective on things.
> > > >
> > > > halo 2/3 pretty much have a cult following
> > >
> > > So wanting a game similar to the original makes me a cult follower.
> > >
> > > Thats some SOLID logic there.
> >
> > if its not halo 2 it sucks
>
> You have some bad comprehension skills.

oh im sorry, i could swear that halo 2 was the pinnacle of online competitive halo, guess i was mistaken.

> > > > > honestly, its nice to see an outside perspective on things.
> > > > >
> > > > > halo 2/3 pretty much have a cult following
> > > >
> > > > So wanting a game similar to the original makes me a cult follower.
> > > >
> > > > Thats some SOLID logic there.
> > >
> > > if its not halo 2 it sucks
> >
> > You have some bad comprehension skills.
>
> oh im sorry, i could swear that halo 2 was the pinnacle of online competitive halo, guess i was mistaken.

It was the only one with good online. But Halo 1 was better.

> > > > > honestly, its nice to see an outside perspective on things.
> > > > >
> > > > > halo 2/3 pretty much have a cult following
> > > >
> > > > So wanting a game similar to the original makes me a cult follower.
> > > >
> > > > Thats some SOLID logic there.
> > >
> > > if its not halo 2 it sucks
> >
> > You have some bad comprehension skills.
>
> oh im sorry, i could swear that halo 2 was the pinnacle of online competitive halo, guess i was mistaken.

Oh sorry i -Yoink!- you meant something else…my apologies.