Halo 3 to become free for Gold members?

POPULATION BOOST INCOMING!!! :smiley:

I hope it’s on free for gold, the past week iv’e been deleting and adding people who only play Halo 3… I miss the good old days of h2 and h3

That and AC2 in the next month you’ll be able to download and play it. Shall be great for the Halo 3 community!

woah really!!??

Halo 3 is free for people to download? Does this include all the dlc too?? If you gotta link to this news that would be epic.

I already have my limited edition copy of Halo 3 (the same perfect condition disc from 2007 midnight release) and two copies of ODST mystic. I even this last week bought a copy online for a friend so we could play ODST and all halo 3 dlc … so why am I so excited about Halo 3 being free??

Means more players. I still love this game since I played it on midnight release back in 2007 and would love to see a spike in players. Even if this is the final hurrah before the Xbox One comes and kills this generation of Halo and it’s population.

Only the Games On Demand version of Halo 3 will be free for those 2 weeks.
I suppose that it is the data present in the basic Halo 3 disc: Campaign and basic multiplayer, so no DLC included.

> woah really!!??
>
> Halo 3 is free for people to download? Does this include all the dlc too?? If you gotta link to this news that would be epic.
>
> I already have my limited edition copy of Halo 3 (the same perfect condition disc from 2007 midnight release) and two copies of ODST mystic. I even this last week bought a copy online for a friend so we could play ODST and all halo 3 dlc … so why am I so excited about Halo 3 being free??
>
> Means more players. I still love this game since I played it on midnight release back in 2007 and would love to see a spike in players. Even if this is the final hurrah before the Xbox One comes and kills this generation of Halo and it’s population.

It was announed during the E3 conference from Microsoft - Gamespot did an article on it.

Gold members will get two free games every month, starting with Fable 3 this month and of course, Halo 3 & Assassins Creed 2 on July 1st.

Woah woah woah woah…
Are you saying we get the FULL game, no demos?!
Wow. That sounds great!

Hell yeah! :smiley:

When they make the game free next month to Gold subscribers, they HAVE to make the DLC’s free too (please?).

Half the playlists can’t be enjoyed to their fullest otherwise, and it’s not like anybody’s going to buy the map packs at 800msp each for a 6 year old game anyway. I originally bought all the DLC except for Mythic II at full price (I got ODST instead of Mythic II), so I have no need for free maps - it would do the game good population-wise, increase everybody’s enjoyment of it, and improve Microsoft’s image further should they make the DLC’s free.

Nobody is buying ancient DLC 5+ years old, and nobody ever will even if the game is free. Also, anybody who gets hung up on some DLC from many years ago going free “but they paid for it!” needs to take a chill pill and think about how this move benefits us all.

Paying £5 for 3 maps when the full game itself costs as much is bloody ludicrous. C’mon Microsoft, you know you want to give this game a new lease of life!

I wish multiplayer would become free to silver members, not that im silver but h3 is basicaly the only game I play haha

I doubt they will make all the DLC free as this is Microsoft we are talking about here. The Heroic Pack and Cold Storage are free already though. Legendary map pack is $2 USD but the Mythic packs are the issue when it comes to price, $15 USD for both packs. I doubt this will boost the online population in most of the playlists due to the fact that most of the playlists require all DLC.

So is there anyway to share gametypes and maps on Halo 3? I can’t seem to find a file share option for it here on this site. I can’t even find a stat tracker for it here. I guess 343 does not care about Halo 3.

i shall finally be able to revive my beloved killer Hornet

repopulation effect wont be THAT big

we can only hope that there is a large population boost. any rise at all will make me happy though!

I only just heard about it on GameSpot: http://www.gamespot.com/news/fable-iii-free-for-xbox-live-gold-members-6410370

I already got the free download of Fable III last week. I’m looking forward to the free downloads of Assassin’s Creed II and Halo 3… hopefully there will be some sort of population boost to Halo 3, I’m feeling nostalgic… and I’ve been wanting to try Assassin’s Creed forever.

They should include the dlc sense half the playlists require it I think.

Well what a shame you can only play half the playlists without DLC

I highly doubt it will exceed Halo 4’s population