Halo 3 Still worth getting?

To be completely honest, the only Halo games I own are CEA, Combat Evolved, and Reach. I played the original Combat Evolved when it first came out and loved it, but I never really played any Halo after that. I eventually got into Reach because some of my friends showed it to me, bought CEA for the re-mastered campaign and map pack, and now I want to buy other Halo games. I know were 3 months out from Halo 4, that’s why I’m wondering. Reach has gotten stale, and I want another Multiplayer experience. Also, I need to play the Campaign. I have pre-ordered Halo 4, and got some money to spare. Also, should I buy ODST with it? (My local Wal-Mart has Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo Wars in the bargain bin for 20$ each). I would love to buy Halo 2, but the only place I can get it is Amazon, and I’m not sure how fast they can get it to me, and I don’t have a hard drive to emulate it, so maybe I’ll buy it some other time. Any help?

You should get ODST, since it comes w/the Multiplayer for Halo 3 that has all the maps and you need to have the maps to play mostly all the playlists.

It would cost you some money to buy the Map packs extra, but you also want to play the campaign which the ODST Multiplayer disc doesn’t come with so it’s a hard one.

Gamestop sells ODST (Pre-Owned) for $12 and sells Halo 3 for $8 where I live… so total thats, $20.

Check out Gamestop and call them?

Of course Halo 3 is still worth getting…

If I were you(if you have $60 to spare) I would get Halo 3, Halo 3:ODST, and Halo Wars. Halo 3 is amazing, ODST has a great campaign and firefight, and Halo Wars… you just have to get into it, trust me.

Absolutely, Get those games! It would be ashame to have only played Reach, and CEA (HaloCE Is great but you gotta ge the others)

Halo 3 is superior to garbo reach in every way possible. No cheap gimmicks, awesome maps and gametypes, and your teammates are not total derps as often.

Yes get Halo 3 =)

ODST offers the complete Halo 3 MP, and the ODST campaign.

Halo 3 offers Campaign and some of the MP, but the rest of the map packs are cheap so you can get them fairly inexpensive.

I suggest buying it off Half.com, you can buy halo 3 for as low as 5 bucks, Odst is going for about 7 bucks. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Personally, I’d say to buy Halo 3 instead of ODST even if it does have the map packs. Halo 3’s campaign was very fun, and I loved the story.

ODST was awesome as well, probably the most underrated campaign, IMO.
But, for me, Halo 3 > ODST overall.

Halo 3 = Best Halo Game of All
Halo 3 = Best Game Ever period.