Halo 3 repopulation

I’ve been watching the halo 4 stats on halocharts.com for the past couple of months and have noticed a massive drop in players. This doesn’t surprise me as I don’t like the game because it’s too much of a cod clone and strays from the halo formula. This
got me thinking about halo 3 and how amazing it was in its day. Halo 3 dominated xbox live for years and just recently dropped out of the top 20. I’m thinking of organizing a repopulate halo 3 event to boost halo 3 on xbox live standings. I don’t expect people to start playing the game again but just for a weekend to show 343 what we really want out of Halo. So tell me what you think and if I get enough support I’ll organize an event!

You do realize that getting hundreds of thousands of people to play Halo 3 by yourself is impossible, right?
I mean, I’ll gladly join you, but I’m only one guy… :frowning:

But a lot of "one guy"s can become a lot of guys.

Halo 4’s title update was the last nail in the coffin for that blam game. I’ve been playing a lot of reach, but decided to dust off halo 3 before the xbox 1 puts it out of the picture for good. I redownloaded all of my dlc and then started to work again.

TLDR; I’m in

Count me in!

how about we do it on the upcoming “bungie” day. I’m taking off work that day anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

In case you guys are unaware, there will in fact be a major re population day scheduled for the weekend of Bungie Day 2013. July 5th, 6th, and 7th.

I’ve posted this on my thread over a month ago.

Spread the word.

> Halo 4’s title update was the last nail in the coffin for that blam game. I’ve been playing a lot of reach, but decided to dust off halo 3 before the xbox 1 puts it out of the picture for good. I redownloaded all of my dlc and then started to work again.
>
> TLDR; I’m in

I doubt it, h4 still hasn’t convinced me to go back anywhere near it. I think the population dropped because people are in Limbo, people tend to be split between Halo3/Reach/H4 even if H4/HR get’s a lot of hate. For me I’m dusting off the original trilogy before the big Xbox One E3 game lineup, to see if Halo 5 can redeem the series.

well I am personally working on getting my group of halo friends to start playing Halo 3 again… Change is good, but certain things, like maps, elites, dual wielding just to name a few are things that should have never been removed. Halo 4 story is neat but you can’t beat halo 3’s online game play, you just can’t. Hopefully five will bring back some of the original looks and feels…

Working on helping out here,

Crash006

I’m glad to see support. I heard about the bungie day repopulate which sounds like a good idea just spread the word on that and everyone start playing some H3!