Halo 3 Post Reach

Hello everyone,

I have a simple question for anyone who has played Halo 3 after Reach’s release. Has anyone else noticed an increase in lag? Namely things like shots not registering, sniper and beam rifle blood-shots… things along that line.

I know Halo 3 has never been a prime example of “good networking” but ever since Reach came out it just seems like it’s not even the same game anymore. With the connection issues and whatnot it feels just as random as Reach does. This basically leaves competitive players with no where to go unless they are competitive Halo Wars players (few and far between).

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Yeah I noticed it a bit. I think it has to do with the pool of players being so small that the game is forced to match you up with whoever it can find even if your connections aren’t the best.

I think assassin’s right though Halo 3 was always kinda laggy to begin with. Maybe it just looks a lot worse next to Reach.

Halo 3 is all I play… :stuck_out_tongue:

> I have a simple question for anyone who has played Halo 3 after Reach’s release. Has anyone else noticed an increase in lag? Namely things like shots not registering, sniper and beam rifle blood-shots… things along that line.

Yes, I’ve noticed that.

From what I can tell, the vast majority of people still playing H3 are from the USA and only comparatively few from Europe. This means that most of the time I have to play on an American host which - combined with non-hitscan weapons and a BR spread you can’t control like the DMR’s bloom - makes for a rather frustrating experience, sadly. Otherwise I’d be playing H3 a lot more often than I am now … which is basically never.