Halo 3 Playlists Not Saving Progress

Just as the title says. Whenever I play a Halo 3 campaign playlist it doesn’t save my progress after completing a level. Doesn’t matter what playlist it is. It’s only happening for me on Halo 3, as testing a playlist in Halo 2 did indeed save my progress. Achievements for completing the levels still popped for me (first run through of the Halo 3 campaign on this account) but again, no progress saved on the actual playlist. I’ve also noticed that at the end title screen after completing the first level, in the top right-hand corner where it says “Next level” it still says “Arrival” with a picture of the first level, but still takes you to the next level “Crow’s Nest.” Is anyone else having these issues?

I’m currently playing through the H3 Heroic playlist (my last one before I do laso) and I’m not encountering this issue. I’m going to play a little bit more of it soon and if I encounter anything different I’ll report back here. This would be terrible for those who are undertaking the laso playlist.

> 2533275019357130;2:
> I’m currently playing through the H3 Heroic playlist (my last one before I do laso) and I’m not encountering this issue. I’m going to play a little bit more of it soon and if I encounter anything different I’ll report back here. This would be terrible for those who are undertaking the laso playlist.

That would be a total nightmare. Imagine starting the LASO playlist, beating a few levels, all to find out nothing saved and you need to repeat. I’d be raging hardcore.

> 2533274809803837;3:
> > 2533275019357130;2:
> > I’m currently playing through the H3 Heroic playlist (my last one before I do laso) and I’m not encountering this issue. I’m going to play a little bit more of it soon and if I encounter anything different I’ll report back here. This would be terrible for those who are undertaking the laso playlist.
>
> That would be a total nightmare. Imagine starting the LASO playlist, beating a few levels, all to find out nothing saved and you need to repeat. I’d be raging hardcore.

I don’t have to imagine, this was a pretty common bug for some time. My Halo 2 LASO playlist reset twice after beating the first few missions. OP what platform are you on?

> 2717573882290912;4:
> > 2533274809803837;3:
> > > 2533275019357130;2:
> > > I’m currently playing through the H3 Heroic playlist (my last one before I do laso) and I’m not encountering this issue. I’m going to play a little bit more of it soon and if I encounter anything different I’ll report back here. This would be terrible for those who are undertaking the laso playlist.
> >
> > That would be a total nightmare. Imagine starting the LASO playlist, beating a few levels, all to find out nothing saved and you need to repeat. I’d be raging hardcore.
>
> I don’t have to imagine, this was a pretty common bug for some time. My Halo 2 LASO playlist reset twice after beating the first few missions. OP what platform are you on?

I’m on an Xbox One X. I’ve been trying different things. Restarted the game, restarted my console, restarted my internet. Nothing worked. However, I use two accounts and on my second one, playlist progress is working just fine, meaning this is only an issue on my main account. I think my save files for Halo 3 might be corrupted, and deleting them would reset my playlist progress for ALL games. This isn’t something I want to do as I take a lot of pride in completing all the playlists in all the Halo games, and have for CE, Reach, and half of Halo 2. I deleted Halo 3 and am reinstalling it now and really hope this fixes my issue because if not, I’ll either have to never get the Halo 3 LASO achievement, or wipe all my progress on all the other games.

I think there was a patch recently- did you play the level before then? Patches and updates often delete checkpoint saves and temporary theater files.