Halo 3 PC

Any chance that 343 could ‘port’ this game to PC, just like Halo 2, but 3. One main feature would be Theater mode.

If I remember correctly 343 owns Halo, but Bungie owns Halo 3. I can’t find any articles proving me wrong or right, but it sounds solid.

But probably not. Halo Wars never came to PC, 3 won’t, ODST won’t, and Reach won’t. Halo is primarily a console experience.

The Halo experience sure did good on PC, that was Halo 1 PC and Custom Edition.

They allowed custom creation of campaign and multiplayer maps, some of which will never be seen on Halo 2 Vista.

Halo 2 Vista is how not to make a game.

I would want Halo 3+ODST and Reach for PC, primarily for custom content, some of which will never be seen on Xbox 360.
I know my graphics card will handle it a lot better than Xbox 360, with anisotropic filtering on full and anti-aliasing on.

If I was in charge of a company to produce games, I would sell 360 versions 1st, and sell a PC version a year later with extra features specifically for the PC platform.

I would earn more profit to sell on Xbox 360 1st, because of the millions of Xbox Live subscriptions, game purchases etc.
Making people wait a year will force them to buy the 360 version, and then when PC version is released they will buy that too. :smiley:

By then Halo: Reach for Xbox 360 will be dropped down in price, and the PC version will be full price due to more content and upgrades.

2 years after the release of Halo Reach Xbox 360, the game will then be on Games on Demand service, and a year after Halo Reach is released for PC, will be on Games on Demand too.

If Halo 2 Vista and Shadowrun was Microsoft’s way of bringing the best of Xbox Live to PC, then I would rather go and stick with Steam.
Which I have already done, the only publisher/developer which hasn’t disappointed me, is Capcom.

We’re all gamers, PS3, DS, Wii, PC, 360, whatever, we’re all gamers and should get along. So selling a PC game a year later with extra features would create a wider rift between us, and is terrible business practice. It essentially guarantees that the next console games sale would be cut in half.

Day and date launch, same features, except obviously PC can have better visuals.

The whole point of adding more for PC version is because.

1. The game is installable, thus it will be compressed to allow more content.

2. CPU, RAM, HDD, GPU all of which can be better than Xbox 360, therefore the game must accommodate those requirements.

3. Map Editing Kit, one thing a console will never have, this can be for beginner/intermediate/advanced users.
    Custom maps which will include a scenario for campaign, co-op, Firefight and all multiplayer modes.

The one thing that sets a PC and console player apart is modding/content and hardware.

Consoles are budgeted computers, and are made simple for every type of users, of course there are going to be limitations when compared to PC, who didn’t expect that?

Do you really think that is terrible business practice?
I think Halo 2 Vista is terrible business practice, the worst decision Microsoft ever made, was to crap it down from the game it was meant to be.

When Halo 1 PC and Custom Edition were made, did it deter sales from Halo 2 Xbox? nope.
Did (crappy) Halo 2 Vista deter sales from Halo 3? nope.

Games for Windows-Live is obviously a big scam, Halo IP is the best on console and can be made better on PC with map editors, yet I see none.

What is Xbox/Xbox Live without Halo?
What is Games for Windows-Live if it doesn’t have Halo?

It actually does, if you talk to a lot of the people who play on PC, they haven’t bought 2, 3, Wars, ODST, or Reach, because they’re diehard PC players. Most people who are playing Halo on consoles now don’t know the flamethrower is an old weapon, or that the rocket Hog has been used before, because they won’t play on PC.

There’s also the fact that Halo PC and Vista were practically not marketed at all, it was quietly pushed out.

There should be the standard PC features, but if you’re talking about making features just because they’re playing on PC then it’s crap. It’s like Red Dead Redemption getting stuff on PS3 and not on 360, it’s not fair to gamers and does nothing but split the market.

> <h2>Buy It</h2>
>
>
> If you have a copy of Left 4 Dead 2 on the Xbox 360. And if you’ve waited this long to invest in either Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 for the PC or are just getting it now for your Mac, don’t hesitate. Buy it now. You’ll get all the currently available DLC for free.

The rift between Left for Dead 2 on Xbox 360 as opposed to the PC and Mac version.

<h2>Free DLC ! :smiley:
</h2>

The majority have already bought a Xbox 360.
I was a Xbox 360 player, I have since taken an interest in PC, since I knew I was very limited on console.
That never stopped me from buying Halo: Reach. :smiley:

But lets say this, people who purchased Windows 7 OS, and Microsoft Office earns Microsoft more money than Xbox 360 ever will.

There is a market for PC games, and Microsoft isn’t paying attention.

i don’t think you’ll find anyone that thinks releasing halo 2 for vista only was a good idea. microsoft is definitely losing the battle on the pc gaming front. i wouldn’t expect that to change with 343i now holding the reigns but it would definitely be a pleasant surprise.

PC has always been a more flexible platform and that won’t change. differing features is ok within reason. where it gets murky is when one platform has a key feature that another doesn’t and there’s no apparent reason for the difference. OR, when one platform has to pay extra for something like DLC (i don’t know many people who have both a PC and an xbox that have purchased any L4D DLC).

i think staggering release dates is a bad idea. if you have plans up-front to release the game on multiple platforms, do it at the same time (within a month). if it’s a new IP or a game that may not be well-received on all platforms, then i can understand releasing it on one platform and deciding to port it later.

fable went through the same nonsense. i wish microsoft would really get serious about PC gaming. i like valve/steam but everyone knows that when companies compete, the consumers benefit. so get to it MS!

> i don’t think you’ll find anyone that thinks releasing halo 2 for vista only was a good idea. microsoft is definitely losing the battle on the pc gaming front. i wouldn’t expect that to change with 343i now holding the reigns but it would definitely be a pleasant surprise.
>
> PC has always been a more flexible platform and that won’t change. differing features is ok within reason. where it gets murky is when one platform has a key feature that another doesn’t and there’s no apparent reason for the difference. OR, when one platform has to pay extra for something like DLC (i don’t know many people who have both a PC and an xbox that have purchased any L4D DLC).
>
> i think staggering release dates is a bad idea. if you have plans up-front to release the game on multiple platforms, do it at the same time (within a month). if it’s a new IP or a game that may not be well-received on all platforms, then i can understand releasing it on one platform and deciding to port it later.
>
> fable went through the same nonsense. i wish microsoft would really get serious about PC gaming. i like valve/steam but everyone knows that when companies compete, the consumers benefit. so get to it MS!

I agree.

I also would like this idea.

The content world of Halo could be so much better between PC and Xbox 360 players if.

1. Cross-platform.
  2. Same achievements for both games (no earning twice lol)
  3. Cross-DLC, when a map maker on the PC submits content it must also be same format as 360.
  4. Custom map uploading, PC authors can upload to a centralized server network resposible for hosting and distributing custom map files for console gamers and PC gamers.

I’m sure people like maps that are >400MB in size, o-wait, isn’t that the size of campaign maps on Halo 3/Reach? xD

> The content world of Halo could be so much better between PC and Xbox 360 players if.
>
> 1. Cross-platform.

not sure i agree with you there. i like the idea but all i see is a TON of bickering about keyboard/mouse VS controller. perhaps they could keep the multiplayer playlists separate for PC and 360 to resolve that issue (maybe throw in a few shared ones so friends can play together cross-platform). campaign and other co-op modes could obviously be cross-platform.

i like the rest of your ideas though :slight_smile:

> > The content world of Halo could be so much better between PC and Xbox 360 players if.
> >
> > 1. Cross-platform.
>
> not sure i agree with you there. i like the idea but all i see is a TON of bickering about keyboard/mouse VS controller. perhaps they could keep the multiplayer playlists separate for PC and 360 to resolve that issue (maybe throw in a few shared ones so friends can play together cross-platform). campaign and other co-op modes could obviously be cross-platform.
>
> i like the rest of your ideas though :slight_smile:

Bloom has us covered on that. :smiley:

PC vs Console is not right. It’s been done, and console players always lose. It should not be done anymore.

You fail to factor the bloom Bungie has added.

They never gave cross-platform a chance, their internal testing of it was really stupid.
are they ignoring co-op mode too?

maybe this picture was right

Bloom won’t matter, on PC you can react quicker and be much more precise, bloom or no. Even with consoles auto-aim, PC has more precision.

Not the same, but relevant

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/f/14/p/1130/4703.aspx#4703

> PC vs Console is not right. It’s been done, and console players always lose. It should not be done anymore.

> Bloom won’t matter, on PC you can react quicker and be much more precise, bloom or no. Even with consoles auto-aim, PC has more precision.

Not in the case of Halo 2 Vista…where controllers are actually better than a Mouse & Keyboard (that is, of course you are mildly proficient with a Controller), due to -Yoink!- fudging up the mouse: lack of responsiveness, mouse smoothing hampering ‘gaming’ / good quality mice (or is it mouses), and Controller Auto Aim / Aim Assist being too helpful.

So for Mouse users to have an advantage over Controller users in Halo 3 /ODST / Halo: Reach PC, they would actually have to make mouse controls responsive / normal…and if Halo 2 Vista is anything to go by, then they won’t.

I definitely gained an advantage when using a mouse, but that was only for the Banshee. :smiley:

Remember this game called Shadowrun, which was part of the Games for Windows-Live iniative on Windows Vista.
Shadowrun was cross-platform, which worked with Xbox360 and PC.

The developers made the game fair between players, when they added bloom for PC player’s turning speed if it was higher than console’s maximum speed.

So, how will PC vs Xbox 360 never work? this is how, there are ignorant people.

Did you play Shadowrun? I played both versions, and PC was the better platform. For cross platform play PC will have to be ridiculously gimped. Limited movement, limited sensibility, obviously no auto aim (who needs it anyways).

I don’t know how often you play Halo 2 on Vista, but a mouse is still better because it’s more responsive.

Also, hurling insults will not gain you any friends here.

Don’t forget that in Shadowrun when a PC player joins the game auto-aim gets a slight boost for every 360 player in the game just incase they happen to run into that lone PC player.