halo 3 on Xbox one?

Does anyone know if this is possible?

No. Not backwards compatible.

95% of my gameplay is Halo. Not being backwards compatible is why I won’t buy / don’t need the XboxOne - unless H5 is deemed worth it. I’d already have the XboxOne if it was backwards compatible with all of the Halo games.

> 95% of my gameplay is Halo. Not being backwards compatible is why I won’t buy / don’t need the XboxOne - unless H5 is deemed worth it. I’d already have the XboxOne if it was backwards compatible with all of the Halo games.

If this happened would you get one?

I picked up the Xbox One last weekend and while there isn’t much for games or apps yet it’s pretty damn sweet and has a lot of potential in the future but there really isn’t much of a reason to get one until Titanfall and Destiny come out.

It’s possible that later down the line there will sort of be backwards compatibility through the cloud service. Would be interesting to see if they could make it so that you played older games through the cloud by putting your Xbox or 360 disc in the drive. I never cared that I couldn’t play the original Mario Brothers on my N64.

> > 95% of my gameplay is Halo. Not being backwards compatible is why I won’t buy / don’t need the XboxOne - unless H5 is deemed worth it. I’d already have the XboxOne if it was backwards compatible with all of the Halo games.
>
> <mark>If this happened would you get one?</mark>
>
> I picked up the Xbox One last weekend and while there isn’t much for games or apps yet it’s pretty damn sweet and has a lot of potential in the future but there really isn’t much of a reason to get one until Titanfall and Destiny come out.
>
> It’s possible that later down the line there will sort of be backwards compatibility through the cloud service. Would be interesting to see if they could make it so that you played older games through the cloud by putting your Xbox or 360 disc in the drive. I never cared that I couldn’t play the original Mario Brothers on my N64.

Hawhat what what!? They need to keep the focus on the future stoyline, multiplayer and other things, not re-do the past.

> > > 95% of my gameplay is Halo. Not being backwards compatible is why I won’t buy / don’t need the XboxOne - unless H5 is deemed worth it. I’d already have the XboxOne if it was backwards compatible with all of the Halo games.
> >
> > <mark>If this happened would you get one?</mark>
> >
> > I picked up the Xbox One last weekend and while there isn’t much for games or apps yet it’s pretty damn sweet and has a lot of potential in the future but there really isn’t much of a reason to get one until Titanfall and Destiny come out.
> >
> > It’s possible that later down the line there will sort of be backwards compatibility through the cloud service. Would be interesting to see if they could make it so that you played older games through the cloud by putting your Xbox or 360 disc in the drive. I never cared that I couldn’t play the original Mario Brothers on my N64.
>
> Hawhat what what!? They need to keep the focus on the future stoyline, multiplayer and other things, not re-do the past.

Guess that depends. Is the future going to continue down this same path of suckiness because if so I’d much rather re-do the past as it was at least fun. The only reason I play Halo 3 and not 2 is do to not being on XBL.

> > 95% of my gameplay is Halo. Not being backwards compatible is why I won’t buy / don’t need the XboxOne - unless H5 is deemed worth it. I’d already have the XboxOne if it was backwards compatible with all of the Halo games.
>
> If this happened would you get one?

Would suck to have to re-buy all of the games, then re-buy all of the DLC - unless there is a real, tangible and worthwhile benefit from running the earlier games on the new console (i.e. no lag in online MM/FF/SpOps/Campaign). And, even if they did, would the MM player populations for the older games be just a fraction of what they are for the 360?

I always considered it a real bonus that the 360 could run the original xbox Halo games. After all, Halo made the xbox the success it is/was/will be.

I’d rather they don’t waste the system’s resources on old tech. I can still play my 360 with ease. I still have my original Xbox if I really wanted to play old games. It most likely won’t happen but I don’t see any reason that they couldn’t make a downloadable app that would play old games like an emulator.

Or the OP could just use HDMI pass-through and have the 360 hooked up to the Xbox One? Thats what i plan on doing when I get mine. Just gonna need to get a HDMI capture device too.

> Or the OP could just use HDMI pass-through and have the 360 hooked up to the Xbox One? Thats what i plan on doing when I get mine. Just gonna need to get a HDMI capture device too.

There is really no point in doing that outside of not having to switch the input on your TV.

> Or the OP could just use HDMI pass-through and have the 360 hooked up to the Xbox One? Thats what i plan on doing when I get mine. Just gonna need to get a HDMI capture device too.

Yes, that is possible, but the latency would be pretty bad.

Halo 3 anniversary may come in 2017 so I guess that is your only bet. I love Halo 3 as well.

> Halo 3 anniversary may come in 2017 so I guess that is your only bet. I love Halo 3 as well.

There hasn’t even been any official confirmation of a Halo 2 anniversary (which hopefully there won’t be) so presuming that Halo 3 will get one is a bit early. An anniversary game of a sequel would just devalue the intention of Halo CEA (celebrating 10 years of Xbox as a console, not 10 years of Halo) and prove to the haters even further that 343/Microsoft are “milking the franchise”.

NO MORE ANNIVERSARY EDITIONS!

> 95% of my gameplay is Halo. Not being backwards compatible is why I won’t buy / don’t need the XboxOne - unless H5 is deemed worth it. I’d already have the XboxOne if it was backwards compatible with all of the Halo games.

They really need to remaster Halo 2. I want to play that multiplayer in HD graphics. Halo 3 will probably never get a remake (although native specs were far below 720p). I really hope there is one though. I miss classic halo with equal starts, no perks, and map control. It’s clear the new games are going in a different direction, but I really miss this style of gameplay.

> > Halo 3 anniversary may come in 2017 so I guess that is your only bet. I love Halo 3 as well.
>
> There hasn’t even been any official confirmation of a Halo 2 anniversary (which hopefully there won’t be) so presuming that Halo 3 will get one is a bit early. An anniversary game of a sequel would just devalue the intention of Halo CEA (celebrating 10 years of Xbox as a console, not 10 years of Halo) and prove to the haters even further that 343/Microsoft are “milking the franchise”.
>
> NO MORE ANNIVERSARY EDITIONS!

I disagree. To me it would be milking the franchise if they were releasing the same product when the other product is still available. For instance, cod 5 zombies maps were recreated in Black Ops 1 even though the game is still functional online. No new features were added other than a change up in weapons. Still treyarch forums were flooded with people asking for the World at War maps to be remade in Black Ops 2. To me paying for the same map three times in four years is ridiculous. However, an HD remake of Halo 2 is very different. We can’t really play halo 2 online anymore, and it’s been nine years so graphics have improved quite a bit.

*I am aware of xbox connect/kai