Halo 3: ODST Sequel?

With Halo 3: ODST dropping (pun somewhat intended) into the Master Chief Collection sometime this spring, I’ve begun to wonder how cool it would be if 343 Industries made a sequel to this highly underrated game. The atmosphere of ODST was so unlike any other Halo game, as the aspect of playing as The Rookie and sneaking your way through the city gave this game a feel that I’ve never felt in a Halo game. And for those people who preferred the more “run and gun” techniques, there were the flashbacks that filled in what happened to the rest of your squad. The story of ODST’s characters doesn’t have to be explored in a possible sequel, as I would be fine to play as any ODST. And imagine the map size! The size of New Mombassa was limited by the power of the Xbox 360, but with the One, a fully functional city, with civilians to save, enemies to fight (or sneak past), and buildings to explore. The beginning weapons in ODST (which were the silenced SMG and pistol, for those who don’t know) were the only stealthy weapons in the game. But in a follow-up, there could be silenced variations of our favorite UNSC weapons, such a silenced BR or sniper rifle, could change the “unstoppable tank” feel of a SPARTAN to the lone wolf feel of a stealthy ODST. If Firefight was included, there could be ways to customize your own ODST to your liking, and even Forge your own Firefight maps. All in all, I feel it would be a wise choice if 343i could pull off an ODST sequel without ruining it.

agreed

Real nifty ideas, I easily agree! This is something I’d look forward to!

Would love this. It would be really cool to fight next to many other ODSTs. Maybe in a situation where the ODSTs are outnumbered and about to go down, a Spartan could rescue them. That might make it feel cool when you do that in other games where we play as Spartans.

Also, ODST had the best crouch animation. And it was AWESOME that the grunts and jackals looked so big compared to ODSTs. They always look so tiny when you’re a spartan.

In an unrelated question, the silencer on the SMG and pistol, did it really do anything as far as the AI was concerned? I still got my location made every time I fired one of those weapons.

This is actually a pretty cool idea! I support it! Except this time you fight along side other ODST’s and not just on your own. That way you and your squad have to sneak every where and only eliminate hostiles if necessary.

halo 3 odst?

por lo que e visto es un gran juego pero dudo mucho que saquen una secuela para odst

pero claro mas juegos no estarian nada mal junto con su parte de la historia de halo

I absolutely love the idea!
The game would have to be set sometime before Halo 4, though … I’ve seen others who has the same thought as I do; The Spartan IV’s are “cheap” to produce and most ODST’s would probably get enhanced, making the title of the “ODST’s” kinda null … I say this mainly because there has been no ODST’s anywhere in comics or games since the S4’s came into the canon. I might be wrong though …
However, a game where we either follow the “next” mission of Buck’s squad or an entirely different squad doing something to assist Locke or anything that has to do with the reclaimer saga - that would be awesome … A game that has nothing to do with the reclaimer saga would be equally awesome - it doesn’t have to be a part of another game (like “Halo 3: ODST”, it could be “Halo: ODST” instead) …
Well, it’s just rough thoughts anyway … I just loved the style, story, music, atmosphere, gameplay and pretty much everything about ODST …

So … GIMME MORE ODST, please! xD

> 2535448376242666;1:
> All in all, I feel it would be a wise choice if 343i could pull off an ODST sequel without ruining it.

As opposed to? I mean if doing the obvious is the wise decision, what is the to be expected decision?
They could call it ODST 2: Recon: Maximum Redundancy Edition:Halo 5: Guardians, that way no one is left out.

Papa Mudi makes some good points about Spartan IV’s replacing the ODST in the current games. I’d like to see a game about Johnson, what with his proto-Spartan upgrades, encountering the Covenant for the first time. That would give us a game where we could play as the legend and 343i could tailor his strength/abilities in between an ODST and a Spartan so players would feel tough yet vulnerable as we did in Halo: ODST.

> 2533274824625105;10:
> As opposed to? I mean if doing the obvious is the wise decision, what is the to be expected decision?
> They could call it ODST 2: Recon: Maximum Redundancy Edition:Halo 5: Guardians, that way no one is left out.
>
> —
> Papa Mudi makes some good points about Spartan IV’s replacing the ODST in the current games. I’d like to see a game about Johnson, what with his proto-Spartan upgrades, encountering the Covenant for the first time. That would give us a game where we could play as the legend and 343i could tailor his strength/abilities in between an ODST and a Spartan so players would feel tough yet vulnerable as we did in Halo: ODST.

That could be a pretty cool idea, however, playing as Johnson might remove some of his legendary status; he is the most badass soldier. If 343i makes a game about him, they would probably end up making him either too vulnerable or too hardcore. The balance in making Johnson seem 50% Human and 50% Spartan would leave a lot of people annoyed and angry.
(Personally, I wouldn’t mind at all… I would love to step into Johnson’s boots! xD)
That is why I suggest a game where we either keep following Buck’s team, shortly after the events of the first ODST, or show us something that has happened between H3 & H4, to fill the gap with some ODST action … Before the S4’s obviously …
Some time ago, somebody wrote down an excellent idea, now I’m only summing up what I remember; ODST’s in Sangheili environment, scattered and lost, trying to do something or whatever … The idea is pretty cool and could be expanded upon, but once again … I just want more of the ODST’s … I miss 'em! >_<
(Not that I dislike the S4’s, but the ODST’s had a “code of honor” that was just too damn beautiful to just let them become obsolete without a proper game to say goodbye!)

P.S. Hahahaha!! I love that title, dude! “ODST 2: Recon: Maximum Redundancy Edition:Halo 5: Guardians” … Made me laugh waay too hard! xD

Another clone post… How many of these are on these forums?

An ODST sequel would be a dream come true, new engine, better gameplay, no prometheans, new storyline, better mood, I mean I’d kill for such a thing to happen, let’s hope 343 hear our demand :3

> 2533274803493024;4:
> In an unrelated question, the silencer on the SMG and pistol, did it really do anything as far as the AI was concerned? I still got my location made every time I fired one of those weapons.

Yes. You could use the silenced weapons to take out a Jackal sniper so you could avoid a Brute patrol. But that’s only one example. They were some pretty great weapons.

if there is going to be sequel for odst (highly unlikely since it was failure in halo scale) the silenced weapons could actually keep enemy unaware as long as they could see you or dead body and that they would make odst more sneaky type even rookie or other odsts in odst didnt have shield they had lot of health never really got a tough situation in whole game. as side note is anyone else feeling old since odst is in classic section of forums?

I’m all for a Halo: ODST sequel, but I’m kinda doubting they could redo the entire ‘lone wolf’ vibe the first game had. Because how likely is it that another ODST (or the same one) would end up completely alone in yet another abandoned city? It would be a testament to bad and unoriginal writing if it were to happen again. I’m sure they can figure something out the keep the ‘lone wolf’ vibe going, but I doubt it would be in another empty city filled with covies.

Whatever they do with the ODST part of the Halo franchise, I really do hope they do something with. ODST is still my second favorite Halo campaign and I really enjoyed the (limited) open world it offered.

Im with you bring back odst!

Odst is the best halo game

I can’t imagine it yet but what would the story for a sequel be about this time?

It has the most indepth story line