HALO 3 MAP ADDITIONS TO HOPPER

Is anyone else wishing they would remake the maps from Halo 3 and put them in the hopper. I completely enjoyed those maps and I remember there being over 100k people online for that game. Im just seeing if anyone else feels the same.

Sprint would single handily ruin any maps from Halo 3. It would hardly be a remake of the maps either if they changed elements of the map to work with Halo 4.

Give me new maps that work with Halo 4’s mechanics.

True I wasn’t considering sprint.

Wonder if they could make Sandtrap larger to accommodate sprint? I’m sure they did that with Ragnarok

The ones that I have played offline (remakes) have done very well with the sprint feature. Its been competitive and most of all fun. I miss the flow of game with halo 3. If they can somehow recapture the flow from 3 then the online activity would increase. At least that is my opinion. I want it to be competitive and fun.

I have to agree. I’m not very impressed with the maps on Halo 4. The base maps weren’t bad, but the new ones that they keep spitting out are getting worse and worse. I miss the Halo 3 maps, and I’m sure they can be modified to accommodate the game play mechanics/upgrades that separate Halo 4 from 3.

Speaking of which, I think I’ll pay a visit to Halo 3…

Sand trap was frustrating at first but became one of my favorites.

> Wonder if they could make Sandtrap larger to accommodate sprint? I’m sure they did that with Ragnarok

I have a video you should watch.
Link

> Sprint would single handily ruin any maps from Halo 3. It would hardly be a remake of the maps either if they changed elements of the map to work with Halo 4.
>
> Give me new maps that work with Halo 4’s mechanics.

Honestly I don’t think sprint would ruin any maps from halo 3, it would just make them faster paced, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

> > Sprint would single handily ruin any maps from Halo 3. It would hardly be a remake of the maps either if they changed elements of the map to work with Halo 4.
> >
> > Give me new maps that work with Halo 4’s mechanics.
>
> Honestly I don’t think sprint would ruin any maps from halo 3, it would just make them faster paced, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

They are fast enough. All of maps in that game were designed without Sprint in mind.

Take Guardian for example, you could get from Point A to Point B without really any risk because of how much faster Sprint makes you go.

They were designed smaller so you would have to go into the open and take a risk and then have to hold your own if attacked. This would no longer be the case.

The BTB maps would work better as remakes, 4v4 maps wouldn’t unless they make a classic gamemode (not against this idea)

Halo 3 maps were bad. Halo 2 had the last map set worth remaking. If you want to play Halo 3 maps just go play Halo 3. It’s still online and you’re still playing the maps for the gameplay they were intended for. Can’t really say that about Halo 2.

> Halo 3 maps were bad. Halo 2 had the last map set worth remaking. If you want to play Halo 3 maps just go play Halo 3. It’s still online and you’re still playing the maps for the gameplay they were intended for. Can’t really say that about Halo 2.

Shrug Halo 3 remade Zanzibar, Midship, and Lockout, and Reach remade Tombstone, Ivory Tower, Headlong, Coagulation, Beaver Creek, and Ascension. Shrug

Most of the H2 remakes are already out there. I was just glad we got Ragnorok in H4 as a remake from H3 for once, although H4’s mechanics dont exactly promote the kind of gameplay the map was made for…

I couldnt even imagine the amount of bs that would go down if sandtrap was remade though. Weapons like the dmr and lr would completely take advantage and dominate that map. That’s what was so great about H3, everyone spawned with the BR which had enough spread to prevent cross-maping on wide open maps like sandtrap. Remaking it for H4’s gameplay would be a waste of time and a good map.

I’d LOVE to see the Halo 2 DLC come back. Sanctuary, Relic, and a few others were great.

Sprint would gimp control points on the maps, while DMR/LightRifle use would affect the playstyle of large, open maps like Sandtrap, where moving in the open was common.

Also, notice how gameplay on Ragnarok differs from Valhalla: the hill is now much easier to squat on and rain fire on the enemy’s base.

Well, SaLot has found some success in remaking Halo 3 maps (Shutout + Confined).

That is true I think everyone starting out with the same equipment was half the fun. Everyone went for the power weapons and it created a focal point on the map where carnage usually followed. Maybe that’s what I miss the most. The give and take of the older maps.