Halo 3 Machinima vs. Halo Reach Machinima

Hello Halo community. My friends and I would like to start some sort of machinima series, but we are hesitant on using the Reach engine. In our opinion, Halo 3 player models and graphics looked less cartoonish in Halo 3. There is also a lot more scenery objects that we can work with in Halo 3. Halo Reach has a lot of armor customization and Forge World, but thats about it. I would like to know what the community thinks. Which is better, Halo 3 machinima or Halo Reach machinima? Thank you all and have a nice day!

Hello. I do machinimas and I personally prefer Reach for doing videos. Either game is completly suitable, its just a matter of taste. I’ve never come across an asset that couldn’t be conveyed in Reach so far and I guess people will think that the video is old and may pass on it if it’s in Halo 3.

They both seem to have their strengths and weaknesses. Reach is clearly a more flexible engine to work in, but there are some visual issues that might sway you Halo 3. For example, Reach player models suffer from a slight “ghosting” effect when they move. It isn’t noticeable in most cases, but it can clearly be seen when you move the camera up close.

Still, all things considered, I personally prefer Reach.

I think Reach is best if you are going to make machinima.
That is if we not consider the fact that Reach is… well, “special”

Thank you all for the input! I will have to consider the advice you all provided.

IT MUSH BE HALO 3 !!! HALO 3 IS WAY BETTER !!

> They both seem to have their strengths and weaknesses. Reach is clearly a more flexible engine to work in, but there are some visual issues that might sway you Halo 3. For example, Reach player models suffer from a slight “ghosting” effect when they move. It isn’t noticeable in most cases, but it can clearly be seen when you move the camera up close.
>
> Still, all things considered, I personally prefer Reach.

> IT MUSH BE HALO 3 !!! HALO 3 IS WAY BETTER !!

:slight_smile: I agree, Halo 3 machinima was and still is amazing. However, I feel there are things I can do in the Reach engine that couldn’t be done in the Halo 3 engine, such as forging with ease. However, in my opinion, Halo 3 graphics were superior to Reach’s in that Halo 3 wasn’t cartoonish.