Halo 3 - Lost All Campaign Progress and Skulls

Hi, I had this problem more than a week ago and I thought it would fix itself but it didn’t.

I played Halo 3 a lot in my childhood; had all the skulls and finished legendary campaign many times. I also played matchmaking and had almost all the achievements. Last week I started to play again in matchmaking and noticed I don’t have campaign progress nor the skulls, even though I have the achievements for having done them.

Is there a way to fix this without having to do it all over again?

Are you playing on an Xbox One now? If so, did you move your save to the cloud when you played on your 360?

Just to add onto tuhin94’s possible reason, have you changed your Gamertag at any point between then and when you checked again? I know that for me it did the same thing, stats wouldn’t even appear on Waypoint either.

Nope, I’ve always played in my Xbox 360 console and I have never changed my gamertag. My campaign progress and achievements do appear in Halo Waypoint. Any other ideas?

> 2533274898417782;4:
> Nope, I’ve always played in my Xbox 360 console and I have never changed my gamertag. My campaign progress and achievements do appear in Halo Waypoint. Any other ideas?

Since you’re on your 360, the thing that comes to mind is checking your storage locations. So, go to the Settings tab all the way to the right —> Storage devices. Check and see if the storage device you normally use (eg., 250GB internal drive) has a H3 save file. If not, check the other locations. Then, either select the storage device that has your save file when you load up H3 or move the save file to your primary save location (eg., 250GB internal drive). Other than that, I’m not really sure what else you can do :-/ As far as I’m aware, there’s no way to sync Waypoint stats with your save file on your 360.

> 2533274824050480;5:
> > 2533274898417782;4:
> > Nope, I’ve always played in my Xbox 360 console and I have never changed my gamertag. My campaign progress and achievements do appear in Halo Waypoint. Any other ideas?
>
> Since you’re on your 360, the thing that comes to mind is checking your storage locations. So, go to the Settings tab all the way to the right —> Storage devices. Check and see if the storage device you normally use (eg., 250GB internal drive) has a H3 save file. If not, check the other locations. Then, either select the storage device that has your save file when you load up H3 or move the save file to your primary save location (eg., 250GB internal drive). Other than that, I’m not really sure what else you can do :-/ As far as I’m aware, there’s no way to sync Waypoint stats with your save file on your 360.

Right now I’m using cloud saves and I didn’t saw any Game Saves related to the game, there were only game types and customized maps. I checked in the Hard Drive and in my Memory Unit and there were none, but I thought the campaign progress and skulls were saved on the servers, not locally. Maybe that’s the problem.

I completed the campaign in Legendary and got the skulls once more. Now I have Katana, Security Helmet and Shoulders. Now I hope they don’t disappear again.

Thank you.

Is this to get hyabusa armor and helmet?

I lost my save like you and my armor became the default one. I think this thread is related (copy and paste link in a new tab):

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/36cecc379ca14abd918029d359551927/topics/missing-armor-in-halo-3---recon-rogue-helmet/4282548f-9041-4b61-93b2-0b66d227cc65/posts?page=1

Also this one can help (I didn’t try this out yet, but that issue got resolved, so this might be the “key”):

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/36cecc379ca14abd918029d359551927/topics/halo-3-service-records/c7e86919-e15f-450b-a687-daec3b428149/posts?page=1