Halo 3 like changes necessary?

What do you guys feel the ranking system should be like? I feel like the halo 4 ranking system should be similar to halo 3 but make some minor changes. For instance to keep in the ban if u quit, fix the slowing down if shot, as well as the joining session in progress.

What’s wrong with slowing down when being shot? It makes sense so people can’t just sprint away when they make bad decisions.

Anyway: Halo 4 already uses trueskill in matchmaking. The proposed ranking system (CSR I think it was called) would just make visible your skill rating (and only online). It wouldn’t change anything. Hell, even implementing Halo 3’s ranking system as it was wouldn’t change anything.

Halo 3’s ranking system is way better than a crappy progression system. If you won a lot in ranked you had a high skill level. If you didn’t want to play ranked, you went to social and just got EXP.
It (should have) satisfied everyone.

Capt Cosi as awesome. Subscribe to him on youtube. But in all seriousness yes it needs Halo 3 rankings. H4 has no typa following. gotta get the fans back in the game ya dig?

> What’s wrong with slowing down when being shot? It makes sense so people can’t just sprint away when they make bad decisions.
>
> Anyway: Halo 4 already uses trueskill in matchmaking. The proposed ranking system (CSR I think it was called) would just make visible your skill rating (and only online). It wouldn’t change anything. Hell, even implementing Halo 3’s ranking system as it was wouldn’t change anything.

The issue with slowing down while being shot makes getting away difficult. One of the Forge maps that has KoTH on it has a spire nad when you go to jump onto it and you get shot you slow down and miss landing the jump. I find its a setting i dont think is needed. It really kills gameplay

> What’s wrong with slowing down when being shot? It makes sense so people can’t just sprint away when they make bad decisions.
>
> Anyway: Halo 4 already uses trueskill in matchmaking. The proposed ranking system (CSR I think it was called) would just make visible your skill rating (and only online). It wouldn’t change anything. Hell, even implementing Halo 3’s ranking system as it was wouldn’t change anything.

Well wait, the slowing down has everything to do with strafing. The skill gap is much closer in H4 compared to H3. Also a true ranking visible to everyone will give players the urge to play more and achieve the highest rank.

Well being able to sprint away makes it more like Halo and less like COD where if you get caught in the open you’re done for. in halo 3 you needed a lot more strategy and skill to get kills because you had to deal with things like the enemy being able to escape. it makes it much more challenging and enjoyable. it’s not about being stupid but being smart and backing down when necessary.

>

Good point. H4 is beyond “fixing.”

> > What’s wrong with slowing down when being shot? It makes sense so people can’t just sprint away when they make bad decisions.
> >
> > Anyway: Halo 4 already uses trueskill in matchmaking. The proposed ranking system (CSR I think it was called) would just make visible your skill rating (and only online). It wouldn’t change anything. Hell, even implementing Halo 3’s ranking system as it was wouldn’t change anything.
>
> The issue with slowing down while being shot makes getting away difficult. One of the Forge maps that has KoTH on it has a spire nad when you go to jump onto it and you get shot you slow down and miss landing the jump. I find its a setting i dont think is needed. It really kills gameplay

Sorry, but if a player puts themselves in a bad situation, they deserve the consequences. If you can just run away every time you find yourself in a bad situation, it doesn’t add to the game in anyway. If anything, it lessens the meaning of skilled gameplay.

> Well being able to sprint away makes it more like Halo and less like COD where if you get caught in the open you’re done for. in halo 3 you needed a lot more strategy and skill to get kills because you had to deal with things like the enemy being able to escape. it makes it much more challenging and enjoyable. it’s not about being stupid but being smart and backing down when necessary.

Walking away at a set speed and sprinting away are two very different things.

> Well wait, the slowing down has everything to do with strafing. The skill gap is much closer in H4 compared to H3. Also a true ranking visible to everyone will give players the urge to play more and achieve the highest rank.

Any sort of added “urge” would be minimal at best. What matters is the gameplay, not cheap gimmicks.

> > Well being able to sprint away makes it more like Halo and less like COD where if you get caught in the open you’re done for. in halo 3 you needed a lot more strategy and skill to get kills because you had to deal with things like the enemy being able to escape. it makes it much more challenging and enjoyable. it’s not about being stupid but being smart and backing down when necessary.
>
> Walking away at a set speed and sprinting away are two very different things.
>
>
>
> > Well wait, the slowing down has everything to do with strafing. The skill gap is much closer in H4 compared to H3. Also a true ranking visible to everyone will give players the urge to play more and achieve the highest rank.
>
> Any sort of added “urge” would be minimal at best. What matters is the gameplay, not cheap gimmicks.

I fail to see the difference between H4 and “cheap gimmicks.”

> > > What’s wrong with slowing down when being shot? It makes sense so people can’t just sprint away when they make bad decisions.
> > >
> > > Anyway: Halo 4 already uses trueskill in matchmaking. The proposed ranking system (CSR I think it was called) would just make visible your skill rating (and only online). It wouldn’t change anything. Hell, even implementing Halo 3’s ranking system as it was wouldn’t change anything.
> >
> > The issue with slowing down while being shot makes getting away difficult. One of the Forge maps that has KoTH on it has a spire nad when you go to jump onto it and you get shot you slow down and miss landing the jump. I find its a setting i dont think is needed. It really kills gameplay
>
> Sorry, but if a player puts themselves in a bad situation, they deserve the consequences. If you can just run away every time you find yourself in a bad situation, it doesn’t add to the game in anyway. If anything, it lessens the meaning of skilled gameplay.

Its not about bad situations its about the fact that slowing down makes no sence. If i get screwed by instant respawn and an enemy is behind me he now as two advantages over me, hes gonna land shots on me before i can react but i cant fully run to get away. Yeah it sucks when someone runs but how can a player expect to get out of a “bad Situation” when their limited to a setting that makes it more difficult.

Or we could just, you know, get rid of sprint and have an increased base move speed. Since sprint isn’t really necessary.

I feel like if you are winning games and are out slaying the other team you should rank up. For instance, if I win 7/10 games, I should rank up. I should be matched with other players of my rank. I don’t think people who stat pad should rank up without winning the games. And I believe people who win games but go negative 15 should rank up either. It should be balanced. Also assists need to play a part in it.

This sort of system would not only benefit those who have a team that they consistently play with, but it should also help those who are alone. People should feel confident that when they go into a playlist they will not absolutely destroy or get destroyed. Their teammates would be of similar skill level, and everyone would enjoy the game more.

> > What’s wrong with slowing down when being shot? It makes sense so people can’t just sprint away when they make bad decisions.
>
> Or we could just, you know, get rid of sprint and have an increased base move speed. Since sprint isn’t really necessary.

I’m not saying keep sprint, but if sprint is in the game, there needs to be some kind of draw back.

>

It doesn’t make sense when they’re physically enhanced super soldiers, with powered and shielded armor that enhances their strength.