Halo 3 is Shutting Down this summer!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I am sorry to say good-bye to halo 3 after all the good games and memories I have had playing the games. 343 Industries has confirmed the shut down of all halo 3 servers starting mid- July. Vote if you want the servers to stay online, maybe They will keep them active as long as people are voting. Good luck. If not, good-bye halo 3.

Isn’t that the Halo 2 PC servers?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
If this is true and not one of those “Halo 3 is dead and dying, abandon all hope” threads, then I sure as heck am not going to buy Halo 4, 5, or anymore of that crap that 343 industries is making.
The least they could do is leave it alone.

> Isn’t that the Halo 2 PC servers?

^ Yep. Like many people have said before, Halo 3 isn’t getting shut off anytime soon (and I believe the only way they can do that is if MS shuts down the Xbox 360 LIVE servers)…

OP get your facts right. Halo 2 PC is getting shut down not Halo 3.

Why would they shut down servers for a game if it still has thousands of people playing. There are still servers for other games that have close to zero people playing and they’re still up and running.

> OP get your facts right. Halo 2 PC is getting shut down not Halo 3.
>
> Why would they shut down servers for a game if it still has thousands of people playing. There are still servers for other games that have close to zero people playing and they’re still up and running.

Thanks for clearing that up, when I saw the original post it scared me a little…
343i better not shut halo 3 down for at least 3 more years, I am now seeing the halo 3 population grow more and more when I go on.

Who doesn’t love Halo 3? It was nice, so of course they are not going to shut it down…yet.

omg

every year some person who doesn’t get the facts right says halo 3 is getting shut down. Newsflash: ITS NOT.

Halo 3 isn’t going anywhere as long as the xbox live servers are up.

No! Not halo 3

stupid thread is stupid

There not, thats halo 2 pc shutting down

They can’t shut down Halo 3.Halo 3 has thousands of players playing it so why shut it down?

> I am sorry to say good-bye to halo 3 after all the good games and memories I have had playing the games. 343 Industries has confirmed the shut down of all halo 3 servers starting mid- July. Vote if you want the servers to stay online, maybe They will keep them active as long as people are voting. Good luck. If not, good-bye halo 3.

I believe you are mistaken, to shutdown Halo 3 is to shutdown Xbox 360 support on live servers. Which is not going to happen for a long time

> Isn’t that the Halo 2 PC servers?

Yeah I’m pretty sure this is what’s getting shut down. Halo 3 is going to be fine.

Oh man… I still need 7 achievements left. I better hurry. Who can help with the Dlc achievements?

No. Halo 3 will lose server capabilities if Xbox Live its self shut down. And also. No. Who said Halo 3 was closing? Its not.

> > Isn’t that the Halo 2 PC servers?
>
> ^ Yep. Like many people have said before, Halo 3 isn’t getting shut off anytime soon (and I believe the only way they can do that is if MS shuts down the Xbox 360 LIVE servers)…

That’s what i was thinking. If halo 3 is ‘confirmed’ to be shutdown from 343 itself, is there a reliable source of information showing this?

> > OP get your facts right. Halo 2 PC is getting shut down not Halo 3.
> >
> > Why would they shut down servers for a game if it still has thousands of people playing. There are still servers for other games that have close to zero people playing and they’re still up and running.
>
> Thanks for clearing that up, when I saw the original post it scared me a little…
> 343i better not shut halo 3 down for at least 3 more years, I am now seeing the halo 3 population grow more and more when I go on.

Same lol, and they shouldnt shut it down
at least not until halo 5 comes out

> Oh man… I still need 7 achievements left. I better hurry. Who can help with the Dlc achievements?

Like some guy on this page posted, the op has mistaken and h3 server will not be shut down, dont worry… yet lol jk, anyways if u need help with h3 achievements, add me im willing to help just because i miss h3. gt is God of Kira.

I would like a source please.