Halo 3 is dying.

I feel that Halo 3 is on the verge of dying. Can anyone tell me otherwise?

P.S. Reach sucks.

You have discovered the circle of life!

New games grow old, die, and are replaced by new ones!

Why do you feel the need to post that a game sucks? Is it that you want to prove something? or is it that you want everone to know you opinion?

I just felt obligated. I wish someone would fix the issues that are happening on Halo 3. It’s barely playable.

What issues? the only one i come a cross is the connection is usually laggy

I searched for an hour in Team Doubles, and I got matched up with some tryhard -Yoink- who thought he was great because he had a 15 in MLG. Yes, that’s right. A 15. Plus, he was boosting in that playlist. Apparently he loved the map Assembly. I ended up leaving within a minute. Those type of people piss me off. They misrepresent the MLG community. The fact is, most in the MLG community are very respectful.

Just got done playing it. The Social Slayer playlist had 6,000 some players in it. Alot of games would kill to have that many players online.

I don’t feel like it is.

I can always find a game no matter what time of day in Halo 3. I think it’s holding pretty steady, too. Those who want to play Halo 3 are playing Halo 3.

Now Reach? Reach is dying. 800k players near launch to barely 190k?

Dying.

When I played Halo 3 matchmaking a few weeks ago I was able to get into games, although it was tough finding full matches…

As for Reach, I’d say it was holding its own very well. If you can get into games easily, then theres nothing to worry about; and thats the situation with Reach right now. Its bound to change when the next Halo game comes along, same with Halo 3, but you’ll always find gamers who prefer the previous installment, or just enjoy playing it; thats why you find you can still find players in Halo 3.

I would more or less agree with you but I popped it in two days ago or so and there were 25,000 players online which is a crapload for a “dying game” ,which is also a hell of a lot more than Brink, AC Brotherhood, Forza 3 and Madden 11.

It won’t officially be dying, until Reach doesn’t get a proper ranked FFA playlist.

It isn’t anywhere near dying. Halo 2 didn’t die up until the point at which matchmaking for it was shut down, as you could always find a match within a minute or two. For me, dying would mean spending 5+ minutes searching for a match with no luck, which very rarely happens with games these days.

Halo 3 has more players than Crysis 2, Homefront, and Brink.

I don’t see why they would have the need to update an old game when they could focus on Reach, which is the most recent game, and the production of a new game.

Halo 3 is not dying. Though laggy, it still has a strong player base. No Halo game truly dies. CE is still played online on a regular basis and so is Halo 2.

> I don’t feel like it is.
>
> I can always find a game no matter what time of day in Halo 3. I think it’s holding pretty steady, too. Those who want to play Halo 3 are playing Halo 3.
>
> Now Reach? Reach is dying. 800k players near launch to barely 190k?
>
> Dying.

What what? Reach has had 813k unique players in the last 24 hours.

Halo 3 is far from dead. I play it pretty often (not as often as Reach, but still often), and the population is pretty decent, it just lags a lot now.

halo 3 has been dead for a while now…