Halo 3 in 2016 Population

Listen to the story. Today in the morning, I went to play some halo 3 on a classic Xbox 360. I was shocked. 10 Gamers Online on Matchmaking. Why? Back in 2007, there were about million players. Looks like this game is almost dead. Please play Halo on Xbox 360 before they shut down the servers on Halo 3! That’s just really sad:( One of my best game died. Community is almost dead, that’s it. Let’s hope for Halo 3 Anniversary. I am just saying the status of Halo 3 in November 2016 and I don’t think there will be millions and millions players online anymore. Goodbye, Halo 3, I hope after 50 years I will tell my grandchildren what was our gaming back then. The graphics, gameplay, multiplayer and all of that crap. That’s just sad, So if you have Halo 3 on Xbox, please play it before its too late. I feel they will shut down servers this year. That’s it. Thanks for reading.

Unfortunately, most of the playlists are DLC locked. So you can’t really even do much online. Another thing is that it’s really buggy since it’s not supported anymore. And one more reason would be that people just moved on. They’ve milked the game for its content, the graphics and resolution are too outdated for them.

Hopefully we get a Halo 3 anniversary edition game!

> 2533274793616507;2:
> Unfortunately, most of the playlists are DLC locked. So you can’t really even do much online. Another thing is that it’s really buggy since it’s not supported anymore. And one more reason would be that people just moved on. They’ve milked the game for its content, the graphics and resolution are too outdated for them.
>
> Hopefully we get a Halo 3 anniversary edition game!

Yes dude! People move on. Things don’t stay the same. I know this really old but it is just little bit sad that people move on. I hope we will get Halo 3 anniversary.

> 2533274979077341;3:
> > 2533274793616507;2:
> > Unfortunately, most of the playlists are DLC locked. So you can’t really even do much online. Another thing is that it’s really buggy since it’s not supported anymore. And one more reason would be that people just moved on. They’ve milked the game for its content, the graphics and resolution are too outdated for them.
> >
> > Hopefully we get a Halo 3 anniversary edition game!
>
>
> Yes dude! People move on. Things don’t stay the same. I know this really old but it is just little bit sad that people move on. I hope we will get Halo 3 anniversary.

I really don’t care about graphics. I don’t care that this game is old. Still, I love it

Halo 3 is the best no matter what. I’m about to hook up my 360 to play.

Couldn’t say any better.

> 2533274979077341;1:
> Listen to the story. Today in the morning, I went to play some halo 3 on a classic Xbox 360. I was shocked. 10 Gamers Online on Matchmaking. Why? Back in 2007, there were about million players. Looks like this game is almost dead. Please play Halo on Xbox 360 before they shut down the servers on Halo 3! That’s just really sad:( One of my best game died. Community is almost dead, that’s it. Let’s hope for Halo 3 Anniversary. I am just saying the status of Halo 3 in November 2016 and I don’t think there will be millions and millions players online anymore. Goodbye, Halo 3, I hope after 50 years I will tell my grandchildren what was our gaming back then. The graphics, gameplay, multiplayer and all of that crap. That’s just sad, So if you have Halo 3 on Xbox, please play it before its too late. I feel they will shut down servers this year. That’s it. Thanks for reading.

halo 3 servers can’t be shut down unless 360 live is shutdown an h3a will be garbage considering 343’s track record

> 2533274878478766;7:
> > 2533274979077341;1:
> > Listen to the story. Today in the morning, I went to play some halo 3 on a classic Xbox 360. I was shocked. 10 Gamers Online on Matchmaking. Why? Back in 2007, there were about million players. Looks like this game is almost dead. Please play Halo on Xbox 360 before they shut down the servers on Halo 3! That’s just really sad:( One of my best game died. Community is almost dead, that’s it. Let’s hope for Halo 3 Anniversary. I am just saying the status of Halo 3 in November 2016 and I don’t think there will be millions and millions players online anymore. Goodbye, Halo 3, I hope after 50 years I will tell my grandchildren what was our gaming back then. The graphics, gameplay, multiplayer and all of that crap. That’s just sad, So if you have Halo 3 on Xbox, please play it before its too late. I feel they will shut down servers this year. That’s it. Thanks for reading.
>
>
> halo 3 servers can’t be shut down unless 360 live is shutdown an h3a will be garbage considering 343’s track record

Franky just announced and posted that they have no intention on doing a H3A and will be focusing solely on Halo 6.

I still play it every now and then for the nostalgia

> 2533274979077341;1:
> Listen to the story. Today in the morning, I went to play some halo 3 on a classic Xbox 360. I was shocked. 10 Gamers Online on Matchmaking. Why? Back in 2007, there were about million players. Looks like this game is almost dead. Please play Halo on Xbox 360 before they shut down the servers on Halo 3! That’s just really sad:( One of my best game died. Community is almost dead, that’s it. Let’s hope for Halo 3 Anniversary. I am just saying the status of Halo 3 in November 2016 and I don’t think there will be millions and millions players online anymore. Goodbye, Halo 3, I hope after 50 years I will tell my grandchildren what was our gaming back then. The graphics, gameplay, multiplayer and all of that crap. That’s just sad, So if you have Halo 3 on Xbox, please play it before its too late. I feel they will shut down servers this year. That’s it. Thanks for reading.

back in September, the population was in the 10,000s during the time of the 9th anniversary. People still care, and I don’t think it’s going away.

> > Listen to the story. Today in the morning, I went to play some halo 3 on a classic Xbox 360. I was shocked. 10 Gamers Online on Matchmaking. Why? Back in 2007, there were about million players. Looks like this game is almost dead. Please play Halo on Xbox 360 before they shut down the servers on Halo 3! That’s just really sad:( One of my best game died. Community is almost dead, that’s it. Let’s hope for Halo 3 Anniversary. I am just saying the status of Halo 3 in November 2016 and I don’t think there will be millions and millions players online anymore. Goodbye, Halo 3, I hope after 50 years I will tell my grandchildren what was our gaming back then. The graphics, gameplay, multiplayer and all of that crap. That’s just sad, So if you have Halo 3 on Xbox, please play it before its too late. I feel they will shut down servers this year. That’s it. Thanks for reading.
>
> back in September, the population was in the 10,000s during the time of the 9th anniversary. People still care, and I don’t think it’s going away.

Well at least.

> Unfortunately, most of the playlists are DLC locked. So you can’t really even do much online. Another thing is that it’s really buggy since it’s not supported anymore. And one more reason would be that people just moved on. They’ve milked the game for its content, the graphics and resolution are too outdated for them.
>
> Hopefully we get a Halo 3 anniversary edition game!

The playlists require DLC content but that’s not a big deal. The Halo 3 Multiplayer Disk, that came with ODST, has ALL the Halo 3 DLC maps. You can just play with that. And, even if we don’t get a Halo 3 Anniversary, you can still show your grandkids Halo 3 in 50 years. Just dust off some old 360’s, system link them together, and play LAN with each other. Educate them on how we used to do things :slight_smile:

> 2533274979077341;1:

I would request doing a LAN Party search for players around your area. If you have a Gamestop or some other game shop around you there might be a chance to recruit or see if there is some chatter. I hope they do a Halo 3 Anniversary too but it seems like a longshot at this point. What a great game for sure though. Halo 2 and Halo 3 were the peak in terms of online play and competitive gaming. H5 is back to a competitive format for MP but the pop is way lower because there seem to be 25 amazing games out. When H3 was out it only had like 4 or 5 competitors tops.

It was a great game, but games of this magnitude tend to peter out as newer games in the series release, with each successive sequel making it’s predecessors exponentially decline in numbers. It is sad to see such a great game dwindle so much, but at the same time it’s not. It lasted way longer than most people thought it would. It had a very impressive run, but it’s time to move on lol.

Before those numbers go out completely, do any of you guys want to help me get my 1,000th multiplayer game?

> 2546678360738636;12:
> > Unfortunately, most of the playlists are DLC locked. So you can’t really even do much online. Another thing is that it’s really buggy since it’s not supported anymore. And one more reason would be that people just moved on. They’ve milked the game for its content, the graphics and resolution are too outdated for them.
> >
> > Hopefully we get a Halo 3 anniversary edition game!
>
> The playlists require DLC content but that’s not a big deal. The Halo 3 Multiplayer Disk, that came with ODST, has ALL the Halo 3 DLC maps. You can just play with that. And, even if we don’t get a Halo 3 Anniversary, you can still show your grandkids Halo 3 in 50 years. Just dust off some old 360’s, system link them together, and play LAN with each other. Educate them on how we used to do things :slight_smile:

Yeah men thanks.

> 2754433700681668;13:
> > 2533274979077341;1:
>
> I would request doing a LAN Party search for players around your area. If you have a Gamestop or some other game shop around you there might be a chance to recruit or see if there is some chatter. I hope they do a Halo 3 Anniversary too but it seems like a longshot at this point. What a great game for sure though. Halo 2 and Halo 3 were the peak in terms of online play and competitive gaming. H5 is back to a competitive format for MP but the pop is way lower because there seem to be 25 amazing games out. When H3 was out it only had like 4 or 5 competitors tops.

That’s nice

> 2533274979077341;16:
> > 2546678360738636;12:
> > > Unfortunately, most of the playlists are DLC locked. So you can’t really even do much online. Another thing is that it’s really buggy since it’s not supported anymore. And one more reason would be that people just moved on. They’ve milked the game for its content, the graphics and resolution are too outdated for them.
> > >
> > > Hopefully we get a Halo 3 anniversary edition game!
> >
> > The playlists require DLC content but that’s not a big deal. The Halo 3 Multiplayer Disk, that came with ODST, has ALL the Halo 3 DLC maps. You can just play with that. And, even if we don’t get a Halo 3 Anniversary, you can still show your grandkids Halo 3 in 50 years. Just dust off some old 360’s, system link them together, and play LAN with each other. Educate them on how we used to do things :slight_smile:
>
> Yeah men thanks.

No problem!

srs wtf there used to be a million players online. now there’s barely a few 100? one of the best games ever. i just got it for 10 with the bf deals and shocked to see no btb players and barely anyone. sometimes i saw between 800-1100 thats at peak.

does anyone know if this game is more populated on pc? mabye i should play it there

> 2533274810962937;19:
> srs wtf there used to be a million players online. now there’s barely a few 100? one of the best games ever. i just got it for 10 with the bf deals and shocked to see no btb players and barely anyone. sometimes i saw between 800-1100 thats at peak.
>
> does anyone know if this game is more populated on pc? mabye i should play it there

Unfortunately, Halo 3 doesn’t exist on PC.