Halo 3 has the best vehicle balance in MCC. This is how it should be for Halo: Reach and Halo 4

When it comes to vehicles and Big Team Battle, there is no better option than Halo 3.

Vehicles feel woefully underpowered in Halo: Reach and Halo 4 due to the over-abundance of power weapons and the fact that basic weapons like the AR and DMR can damage vehicles. Worse, vehicles like the Warthog are difficult to control because of how bouncy they are, making them even more prone to rolling and flipping over in normal

But Halo 3, everything is perfect. Vehicles have really good traction and are easy to control. Player health being tied to vehicle health makes it harder for enemies to destroy vehicles, and allows you to go on some epic killing sprees in the Warthog with even a noob driver. Vehicles actually feel like the power weapons that they’re meant to be, and that’s how it should be for all games in the collection.

2 Likes

Vehicles bad in Reach and 4? I mean I get the Falcon, mongoose, and warthogs, but the rest of the vehicles are pretty darn good in Reach and 4.

Honestly Halo 3’s vehicles only seem perfect because it’s weapon sandbox is so pitifully underpowered when you don’t have a Sniper, Rocket or Splaser.

Halo: Reach has an over abundance of ways to counter vehicles, so it would balance out. Besides, the Warthog and Falcon are the most iconic vehicles in Halo: Reach and we can’t really use them because vehicles are too easy to destroy or flip over. Players should not be able to take down a Falcon with just Assault Rifles and DMRs, that’s just ridiculous… especially when you factor in every other vehicle counter in the game. The Rocket Launcher, Spartan Laser, Plasma Launcher, Sniper Rifle, and Fuel Rod Cannon.

I don’t know which version of Reach you were playing where an AR or DMR could down a Falcon, but it’s definitely not the same as me.

Also if you take down a Falcon with a Fuel Rod, you have my undying respect.

2 Likes

What version of Reach are you playing? In Big Team Battle or Invasion, when the entire opposing team is shooting at you with DMRs and ARs, it does a ridiculous amount of damage to the Falcon.