Halo 3 + Halo 2 Map Packs

I just watched Challenger spend a week in forge using ugly forge pieces to make a grotesque looking frankenstein version of construct. (It looks ok now I guess(very accurate remake))

Forge pieces don’t blend together seamlessly; they look terrible in big maps where their textures don’t match up.

It occurred to me that 343i could make low quality remakes of every H3 and H2 map and it would take them about 1 day total using a mouse instead of an xbox controller.

We don’t need fancy art. We just need floors ceilings and walls. I dont care if the entire map is the same color. SO LONG as the floors aren’t made up of hundreds of ugly forge pieces mashed together.

And 343i could make a bunch of money on the H3 +H2 map packs. AND they could put them into matchmaking so that I dont have to play Haven 40 times tomorrow.

Map structure +layout > Map artwork.

The map artwork is in fact distracting I WISH EVERY H4 MAP LOOKED LIKE H2 LOCKOUT

I’ve spent about a week now in Maya making remakes from the prior halo’s. I’ll make the remakes for them for free if they would just put them in XD.

i hope whoever created the texture designs for forge items gets a tumor in their -Yoink!-

One day? Do you know how fricking hard it is to model a car? Let alone a damn map?!? One day may get you 1/5th of the map or something…

> One day? Do you know how fricking hard it is to model a car? Let alone a damn map?!? One day may get you 1/5th of the map or something…

Im not gunna lie I am an Archicad noob but using any spacial design program and a spreadsheet of H3 map schematics - I could remake all the H3 maps in H2 graphics in about… 4 and a half minutes. These guys at 343 are pro’s.

I think there is a major aspect of H2 maps which is undervalued WHICH IS THEIR SIMPLICITY. the more complicated they make map artwork the more it detracts from gameplay? this is possible but seriously they need to chill out on the artwork and make empty playing spaces in poor quality graphics.

> I’ve spent about a week now in Maya making remakes from the prior halo’s. I’ll make the remakes for them for free if they would just put them in XD.

Pull it off I will buy you a free year and four thousand microsoft points. I want backwash, midship, lockout, elongation, turf, relic, Gemini, sanctuary, beaver creek, construct, and headlong. I’m not joking. I wish you were working for 343 now. At least someone there would have the sense to listen to there fans.