Halo 3 FFA Ranking Matching

Is it possible if the Lone Wolves Playlist isn’t populated enough to get matched with anyone of any rank? I’m asking this because I only need three achievements left and all of them involve halo 3 multiplayer in FFA Ranked so I’m wondering if I’d be able to find my friends who aren’t ranked.

Yeah, it’s rare you’ll find a match at all in that playlist. You’re better off gathering friends or people together for planned sessions, assuming you have similar enough ranks.

> 2533274826191452;2:
> Yeah, it’s rare you’ll find a match at all in that playlist. You’re better off gathering friends or people together for planned sessions, assuming you have similar enough ranks.

Do you have to be near the same rank or is it possible to get matched with someone who is the first rank or whatever it is (sorry I’m not very knowledgeable with Halo 3 rankings) I think my rank is like 18? at most it’s 23 but I’m fairly certain it’s 18

You have to be within 10 ranks both below and above (except at level 41 and above). So if you’re rank is 18, you can match anyone between rank 8-28. But finding a game with such a wide rank scale will be difficult. I recommend using an achievement boosting site to find people with similar levels and then just search at the same time.

> 2533274894580994;3:
> > 2533274826191452;2:
> > Yeah, it’s rare you’ll find a match at all in that playlist. You’re better off gathering friends or people together for planned sessions, assuming you have similar enough ranks.
>
> Do you have to be near the same rank or is it possible to get matched with someone who is the first rank or whatever it is (sorry I’m not very knowledgeable with Halo 3 rankings) I think my rank is like 18? at most it’s 23 but I’m fairly certain it’s 18

What is said below is accurate.

> 2533274912044273;4:
> You have to be within 10 ranks both below and above (except at level 41 and above). So if you’re rank is 18, you can match anyone between rank 8-28.

> 2533274894580994;1:
> Is it possible if the Lone Wolves Playlist isn’t populated enough to get matched with anyone of any rank? I’m asking this because I only need three achievements left and all of them involve halo 3 multiplayer in FFA Ranked so I’m wondering if I’d be able to find my friends who aren’t ranked.

Yes, it happens all the time. I’ve seen people who will purposely derank just so they can get matched with people who are actually looking to play. From what I hear, there are two different focus areas for players:

• Players between the rank of 42-50
  • Players between the rank of 1-15.

So either high ranked or low ranked, there isn’t much in the middle.

Is there an easy and/or effective way I can derank myself? I have a few friends that are willing to do the achievements with me but are all rank 1

> 2533274894580994;7:
> Is there an easy and/or effective way I can derank myself? I have a few friends that are willing to do the achievements with me but are all rank 1

Purposely lose or quit after starting a game. Usually that’s something you’d get in trouble for but since it’s only affecting you and not your team, you should be fine. What’s your current rank?

> 2546678360738636;8:
> > 2533274894580994;7:
> > Is there an easy and/or effective way I can derank myself? I have a few friends that are willing to do the achievements with me but are all rank 1
>
> Purposely lose or quit after starting a game. Usually that’s something you’d get in trouble for but since it’s only affecting you and not your team, you should be fine. What’s your current rank?

I checked last night and my rank is 21. To clarify is it possible to get matched with anyone of any rank or do they have to be in a certain range of me? I searched for a game for about 30 minutes last night and couldn’t get in a game but kept finding two people so the game wouldn’t start. Although it was like 2am EST and the playlist population said 117 so yeah.