Halo 3 Crash on Avalanche

On BTB games on Avalanche, whenever I try to enter a Warthog, my game crashes to my dashboard. Every. Single. Time.

I remember this being a thing back in Season 4. Anyone else have this issue?

are you on console? Consoles are at a huge disadvantage since crossplay came into the picture. Some people say turning off the new skins helps but it didn’t for me. My game crashes pretty regularly when I try to play BTB, most often in the middle of the match. Like you said, it seems to happen a lot when I get in vehicles, but sometimes it just happens when a vehicle is near me at all. Its impossible to test because it’s so random.

> 2533274824268736;2:
> are you on console? Consoles are at a huge disadvantage since crossplay came into the picture. Some people say turning off the new skins helps but it didn’t for me. My game crashes pretty regularly when I try to play BTB, most often in the middle of the match. Like you said, it seems to happen a lot when I get in vehicles, but sometimes it just happens when a vehicle is near me at all. Its impossible to test because it’s so random.

Crossplay literally has nothing to do with this. FYI, I also get pretty frequent crashes on a pretty good PC.

> 2533274950278211;3:
> > 2533274824268736;2:
> > are you on console? Consoles are at a huge disadvantage since crossplay came into the picture. Some people say turning off the new skins helps but it didn’t for me. My game crashes pretty regularly when I try to play BTB, most often in the middle of the match. Like you said, it seems to happen a lot when I get in vehicles, but sometimes it just happens when a vehicle is near me at all. Its impossible to test because it’s so random.
>
> Crossplay literally has nothing to do with this. FYI, I also get pretty frequent crashes on a pretty good PC.

so why is it only my xbox that does it when I play with my friends on pc

As this appears to be an issue with your game, we recommend heading over to https://aka.ms/HaloSupport for further assistance. Please review the latest known issues and submit a ticket if your issue is not listed.

Thanks!

With the most recent season update, several players along with myself have been receiving total Xbox hard crashes. Originally I thought it was just Xbox One X models, but I have seen Series X users state they have the issue too as I have been following this very closely.

The temporary work around is to turn off the new Skins, which does appear to work, however I do not show this constant crash issue listed on the open issues of the support site. Please submit a ticket as we need 343i to see how widespread this is.

I think it may have something to do with framerate load balancing or something. When I go into a custom game by myself & turn on my GPU monitoring, I notice a pretty decent spike when I simply start shooting the gunner

I think all of the people that get booted are the ones who’s game engine framerate couldn’t handle the load that was processing or something