Halo 3 comeback

This is a desperate plea from a hardcore Halo fan. There has been no love for Halo 3 since Reach came out which is unacceptable to the core fans of the series (I just came from the Bungie forums and trust me everyone in there wants more H3 action). 343 Industries I beg you on behalf of the Halo 3 community and just hardcore Halo community in general give some love to Halo 3. Return the days of dbl exp weekends. Bring in the old crazy playlists that everyone used to go nuts for. Possibly come out with new maps or make the existing maps free so people with only the campaign disc of H3 don’t have to either buy ODST or download all the maps out of their own pocket. These are just a few suggestions, consider them and come up with more. Bring back the days of when Halo used to bring groups of friends together on weekends and sit in front of the tv and simply play a bad-blam- game. The torch has been passed to you 343, it’s a heavy responsiblity to carry, don’t let your fans down. Anyone who has any suggestions post to this and let’s try to get this seriously noticed so something might be changed. Fans have a voice too because let’s face it, if a game isn’t good players won’t play it.

I wish they ported halo 2 to the 360 JUST a simple port dont change anything of the gameplay i dont even care for new graphics. It would the be number 1 Online played game for the 360 i believe. But yea halo 3 was just abandoned i dont play halo 3 anymore i enjoy halo reach more than halo 3. but some support for it would be nice.

> I wish they ported halo 2 to the 360 JUST a simple port dont change anything of the gameplay i dont even care for new graphics. It would the be number 1 Online played game for the 360 i believe. But yea halo 3 was just abandoned i dont play halo 3 anymore i enjoy halo reach more than halo 3. but some support for it would be nice.

OMG that would be insane! I don’t get why they haven’t thought of this!

> > I wish they ported halo 2 to the 360 JUST a simple port dont change anything of the gameplay i dont even care for new graphics. It would the be number 1 Online played game for the 360 i believe. But yea halo 3 was just abandoned i dont play halo 3 anymore i enjoy halo reach more than halo 3. but some support for it would be nice.
>
> OMG that would be insane! I don’t get why they haven’t thought of this!

I would think one of the reasons is they don’t want to compete with themselves. You would divide the Halo community and Reach’s population may fall. It is why a lot of products are discontinued before new ones arrive. I am not saying I am against it. This is just my best guess.

> > > I wish they ported halo 2 to the 360 JUST a simple port dont change anything of the gameplay i dont even care for new graphics. It would the be number 1 Online played game for the 360 i believe. But yea halo 3 was just abandoned i dont play halo 3 anymore i enjoy halo reach more than halo 3. but some support for it would be nice.
> >
> > OMG that would be insane! I don’t get why they haven’t thought of this!
>
> I would think one of the reasons is they don’t want to compete with themselves. You would divide the Halo community and Reach’s population may fall. It is why a lot of products are discontinued before new ones arrive. I am not saying I am against it. This is just my best guess.

Yeah that’s true, but regardless Halo is Halo and Microsoft would still be making all the money that it could bring in. 100 is still 100 split two ways. Get what I’m saying? I bet if they brought back Halo 2 there would be way more people playing the game than it originally had.

Well you may be right about that. I don’t know. I am sure though if they thought they could make money with it they would. I thought the Classic playlist was going to have a higher population than it has. So I don’t know how much interest there would be. I am sure it would get some buzz but most consumers want something new. IMO anyway.

I like how this is turning out to be a halo 2 comeback. Well i also thought the Classic playlist would have alot more people. My guess is the classic playlist isnt a classic with out the incentive the other halos had. I mean the rank system. This whole arena style ranking system is not good at all! Maybe if it showed our arena ranks in matchmaking rather than our credit rank. Even then Onyx isnt the same as a 50. I think thats one major reason why classic playlist isnt so high up. It isnt classic because of the way halo reach plays.

Greetings all,

Was happy to see this thread. Im new to Halo and am cutting my teeth on H3 with ODST sitting on the box waiting in the wings. If anyone is interested in being a Mr.Myagi for me in regards to online co-op, it would be appreciated. regardless, any online butt spaking is cool as well.

Cheers,
Brad

> Greetings all,
>
> Was happy to see this thread. Im new to Halo and am cutting my teeth on H3 with ODST sitting on the box waiting in the wings. If anyone is interested in being a Mr.Myagi for me in regards to online co-op, it would be appreciated. regardless, any online butt spaking is cool as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Brad

If you have Reach I would suggest playing Team slayer. There is a greater population so you should get matched up with players of similar skill more often. Especially if you elect to have skill match as a search restriction.

> Well you may be right about that. I don’t know. I am sure though if they thought they could make money with it they would. I thought the Classic playlist was going to have a higher population than it has. So I don’t know how much interest there would be. I am sure it would get some buzz but most consumers want something new. IMO anyway.

Classic is no more old school than the rest of Reach. It is in no way a representive of the intrerest for the classics.

Ahh yeah Halo 3, played some awesome matches with friends a few days back. For me the double exp etc are not that necessary but it would be awesome, I wouldn’t mind those coming back at all.

> > Well you may be right about that. I don’t know. I am sure though if they thought they could make money with it they would. I thought the Classic playlist was going to have a higher population than it has. So I don’t know how much interest there would be. I am sure it would get some buzz but most consumers want something new. IMO anyway.
>
> Classic is no more old school than the rest of Reach. It is in no way a representive of the intrerest for the classics.

Well I would disagree. I can see how someone can say it’s not classic enough but it is not the same as regular Reach. As far as it being non-representative, what would represent the interest for the classics?? I can only speak for myself but I can’t wait to see what Frank O’Conner means when he said that they intend to go deeper.

Link,
Thanks, will get to Reach in due time. Running thru H3 campaign for the second time then planning a few walk throughs of ODST before thinking about Reach.

> > Greetings all,
> >
> > Was happy to see this thread. Im new to Halo and am cutting my teeth on H3 with ODST sitting on the box waiting in the wings. If anyone is interested in being a Mr.Myagi for me in regards to online co-op, it would be appreciated. regardless, any online butt spaking is cool as well.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Brad
>
> If you have Reach I would suggest playing Team slayer. There is a greater population so you should get matched up with players of similar skill more often. Especially if you elect to have skill match as a search restriction.

> This is a desperate plea from a hardcore Halo fan. There has been no love for Halo 3 since Reach came out which is unacceptable to the core fans of the series (I just came from the Bungie forums and trust me everyone in there wants more H3 action). 343 Industries I beg you on behalf of the Halo 3 community and just hardcore Halo community in general give some love to Halo 3. Return the days of dbl exp weekends. Bring in the old crazy playlists that everyone used to go nuts for. Possibly come out with new maps or make the existing maps free so people with only the campaign disc of H3 don’t have to either buy ODST or download all the maps out of their own pocket. These are just a few suggestions, consider them and come up with more. Bring back the days of when Halo used to bring groups of friends together on weekends and sit in front of the tv and simply play a bad-blam- game. The torch has been passed to you 343, it’s a heavy responsiblity to carry, don’t let your fans down. Anyone who has any suggestions post to this and let’s try to get this seriously noticed so something might be changed. Fans have a voice too because let’s face it, if a game isn’t good players won’t play it.

Sorry to say that its H3’s age that hurts it. The game is almost 4 years old. In this age of online console games 3 years is about the max they give for support.

> Bring in the old crazy playlists that everyone used to go nuts for. Possibly come out with new maps or make the existing maps free

Would be awesome but the game is old, they would not start working on it too bring it back to life. Its had its glorious days and so have we, we will never forget them either but its time to just move on, the game is dying.

> > > Well you may be right about that. I don’t know. I am sure though if they thought they could make money with it they would. I thought the Classic playlist was going to have a higher population than it has. So I don’t know how much interest there would be. I am sure it would get some buzz but most consumers want something new. IMO anyway.
> >
> > Classic is no more old school than the rest of Reach. It is in no way a representive of the intrerest for the classics.
>
> Well I would disagree. I can see how someone can say it’s not classic enough but it is not the same as regular Reach. As far as it being non-representative, what would represent the interest for the classics?? I can only speak for myself but I can’t wait to see what Frank O’Conner means when he said that they intend to go deeper.

I didn’t say it was just like the rest fo Reach, I only said it was no more old school than the rest of the playlists.

343 Industries Halo 3 was/is/and always will be a great game, some including myself consider the game to be one of the best… But the game is full of De-rankers, cheaters, hackers/modders, boosters, Etc. now. And there’s still bug/glitches galore, and lots of other problems… And without Double EXP, and Living dead or griffball, the game has gone to hell…

So can you PLEASE do one LAST Title Update that does the following?..

- Adds a Permanent Living Dead And Griffball Playlist
- Update Spawning System

• Fix All Remaining Bugs/Glitches etc. that are still left in the game
    - Enhance Security/banhammer system
  • Adds Flaming/Bungie Chest piece to Armor
    - Update Each map/Playlist/gametype/mode
    - Make all Remaining Playlist DLC Required and make all the DLC Free
    - Improve the Servers Net-Coding as much as possible
    - Polish Graphics/Audio?
    - Add New Features?
    - And add Some stuff that sounds good to you guys…

> Fix All Remaining Bugs/Glitches etc. that are still left in the game

Multiplayer/matchmaking ones, right? There’s that notable one: headshots on Elites

But what about the less notable ones:

-Elites can do equipment jumping with power drain
-Elites can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2iQe40W18o

And the fun ones:

-three weapons
-hold sword like a gun

?

I hope they do this, but I’d imagine all focus will be on Reach, and then CE:A, and then Halo 4. Halo 3 will probably be forgotten sadly :frowning:

I just want either the dlc to be free or make the playlists available to everyone, even those who don’t have all the maps.