Halo 3 - Cannot play ranked games - Help!

Hey there,
I was trying to get some online achievements via ranked games. Unfortunately it seems that I´m only able to play Social Slayer and that´s it.
When I try to play Lone Wolves or any other ranked games I get the message, that it´s only available for Xbox Live Gold members.
I am a Gold member, so why does this message still show up? Anyone else with the same problems? I just wanna get some achievements.

Thats weird…
You tried reinstalling the game ?

> 2533274872463012;2:
> Thats weird…
> You tried reinstalling the game ?

Yeah, tried to reinstall, delete and re-add my profile as well as deleting my system-cache. Seems to be a mayor server bug currently… other players have the same problem.

I don’t have that Problem weirdly

Hey, I’ve seen a number of folks with this issue but haven’t ever found a solution.

Have you tried updating your password? The below thread mentions that updating it will clear any sync issues:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/386c0102f55b48a3a0cc5412c3714e02/topics/matchmaking-issues/9b8def42-ad2f-4123-835d-511b703997a1/posts

Let us know if it works!

I solved it! Problem was, i got the 14 days gold membership via a private seller on Ebay. The strange thing is: When looking up my profile, it displayed a silver strip, indicating I only have silver membership, not gold. But I could play online every game I had, even Halo 3, with the exception of ranked games, really weird. I thought there´s only two different Xbox Live memberships: Silver, so the standard membership without any benefit (no Online gaming) and Gold (Online gaming).
This time, I got a 1 month Gold membership direclty from my console from microsoft and everything works just fine, ranked games no also work for me.

Thanks for the update! What is your Lone Wolves rank? Note that you’ll really only find games during peak evening EST hours - I generally have most success on weekends.

> 2533274864555787;6:
> I solved it! Problem was, i got the 14 days gold membership via a private seller on Ebay. The strange thing is: When looking up my profile, it displayed a silver strip, indicating I only have silver membership, not gold. But I could play online every game I had, even Halo 3, with the exception of ranked games, really weird. I thought there´s only two different Xbox Live memberships: Silver, so the standard membership without any benefit (no Online gaming) and Gold (Online gaming).
> This time, I got a 1 month Gold membership direclty from my console from microsoft and everything works just fine, ranked games no also work for me.

Yup, it has always been that way. You had a trial membership which is still considered a silver member. So you could play everything but the ranked Halo 3 stuff. Not sure if any other game has that restriction, but I remember Halo 3 ranked always being this way.