Halo 3 Best Halo for its Time?

Am I the only one who thinks Halo 3 was the best one of them all? Atleast for its time it was the greatest in my opinion sadly I never got Xbox Live until 2010 so I could never expierience Halo 2’s online but I did love it and play it on release of it. But Halo 3 when I first got it in 07 I loved the campaign, the forge, and unlocking those sweet armor sets along the way. I remember all the good times of inviting friends over to play and help me beat the campaign on legendary along with finding all those skulls to get Hayabusa Armor. What ever happened to Hayabusa anyway?! But when I got xbox live my expierience become much much better!

Halo is my favorite game series of all time but Halo 3 to me was my most memorable mostly because of the first time matchmaking expierience but I loved the story also with the arbiter being basically Master Chief’s partner in justice it was just awesome! And the ending mission was just perfect although the gameplay was similar to Halo CE’s epic warthog ending it was still pretty amazing ramping into that ship and also I liked the fact we didn’t end the game with a arbiter misson. Does anyone else agree with me or have any epic Halo 3 storys to share?

well halo 3 beats halo wars odst but it stops at reach because i think reach is one of the best

> 2533274906947668;2:
> well halo 3 beats halo wars odst but it stops at reach because i think reach is one of the best

Honestly I think reach has the best multiplayer of them all and its a pretty sweet game overall but I’m just more of a Halo 3 fan but if I was to list them I would but Reach 2nd

Halo 3 is also my favorite game in the series.

It was my favorite as well although halo 2 had an amazing campaign. I missed out on halo 2 multiplayer however so i cant compare it with halo 3 multiplayer.

Not really, Halo 1 destroys them all (except Halo 4) Campaign-wise. And Halo 2 still holds as the “Best Xbox Live experience”, despite it having its serves shut down.

Personally, I have a lot of personal nostalgia linked to Halo 3, as it was really the first video game I got deeply into, spending nights and days playing. Essentially, my teen years were spent playing that game into the ground. From release to inevitable demise (although it’s still not dead even to this day) Halo 3 is what really drew me into Video Games as they are today. It also helped with a lot of personal issues and problems, as many video games too. I’d even brag it taught me how to drive. But to answer your statement, you’re not alone in feeling that Halo 3 was the best one of them all. The competetive and social online experience was prime and has a relly good, fluid design for a 2007 game. Not only that, the graphics were state of the art (at least in my perspective), the story was enthralling and inspiring, and, I don’t think I’ve ever had as much fun in a video game since Halo 3! 7000 online games later and I’m still not tired of the game. Long live Halo 3.

Yes, The Halo 3 Matchmaking experience has been the best of all Halos imo. I’ve been playing the game since the day it came out in 2007, and I play it with friends to this day (not as often though). The graphics still look pretty darn good and the gameplay, while slower than most newer games, is just more rewarding. The weapons, the maps were very balanced and the lack of sprint meant team tactics and positioning played a bigger role. I am hopeful that the Halo Gaurdians’ matchmaking system and gameplay will be an evolution of Halo 3’s.

Even though I started with Halo 1 back in 2001 then onto Halo 2 in 2004 and expereinced it all Halo 3 is still the best to me. It was the peak of my time with Halo. I still play Halo 3 to this day.

I hope Halo 3 on xbox one brings it back to it’s former glory, will be awesome.

I think Halo 2 was better. I never enjoyed Halo 3 except for its multiplayer and even then I jumped into that too late. Halo 3’s story wasn’t clear and I think I was too overwhelmed. Brutes changed, flood changed, abilities, weapons, controls (which I hated a lot), etc. So much didn’t make sense for me and I never enjoyed Halo 3 like I should have.

Gameplay wise Halo 3 is the worst of the original trilogy. It’s better than Reach and 4 though. 3 had a lot of problems. Bad netcode, inconsistent BR, slow movement speeds, maulers everywhere, shield doors that promoted camping, and the worst melee system of any Halo. I still enjoyed the game. Theatre and forge were awesome additions. Maps were solid but nowhere close to as good as Halo 2. Halo 3 basically just dumbed down Halo 2 gameplay wise. IMHO Halo 1 is the gold standard for console FPS. Strafing was crazy important. It had more of an emphasis on skill with low auto aim and having to lead shots. Melees actually took skill and every single weapon besides the needler actually had a legit niche.

> 2533274814035755;7:
> Personally, I have a lot of personal nostalgia linked to Halo 3, as it was really the first video game I got deeply into, spending nights and days playing. Essentially, my teen years were spent playing that game into the ground. From release to inevitable demise (although it’s still not dead even to this day) Halo 3 is what really drew me into Video Games as they are today. It also helped with a lot of personal issues and problems, as many video games too. I’d even brag it taught me how to drive. But to answer your statement, you’re not alone in feeling that Halo 3 was the best one of them all. The competetive and social online experience was prime and has a relly good, fluid design for a 2007 game. Not only that, the graphics were state of the art (at least in my perspective), the story was enthralling and inspiring, and, I don’t think I’ve ever had as much fun in a video game since Halo 3! 7000 online games later and I’m still not tired of the game. Long live Halo 3.

This is spot on.

I spent innumerable hours of my early teens playing Halo 3. The greatest part of it for myself was always having friends to play with. Nearly all of my close buds in middle school owned the game so it was never difficult to find a friend and get a game started.

Custom games were also a major part of the enjoyment for me. I think I played over 4000 custom games; my expression of nostalgia for Halo 3 does not do it justice.

I can’t wait to see how it will be handled in the MCC.

> 2533274954188988;11:
> the worst melee system of any Halo.

Did we forget the existence of Reach just now?

I also had Halo 3 in 2007 but didn’t have Xbox live until 2010. I would have to say halo 3 is my all time favorite and of course 1 and 2 are pretty close to my favorite as well. No matter how they construct these new games, they will never be like the classics. Don’t get me wrong they will be very fun. Just not like the golden age of halo.

Halo 3 was my first online experience. This is the best game hands down fighting all day and night to reach a 50 was so epic. I play games now and nothing compares COD has went to -Yoink- and Halo 5 is still missing that lone wolf experience I had in halo 3. I guess the times have moved past my old -Yoink-.

Halo 3 is the greatest halo ever

Lot of people really like halo 3. I think it was kind of a low point in the series myself.

> 2533274808972171;9:
> Even though I started with Halo 1 back in 2001 then onto Halo 2 in 2004 and expereinced it all Halo 3 is still the best to me. It was the peak of my time with Halo. I still play Halo 3 to this day.
>
> I hope Halo 3 on xbox one brings it back to it’s former glory, will be awesome.

This was my experience as well - Halo: CE came out when I was 12 and my brother was 11, so we were just old enough to really get into and enjoy video games with substance (even if we were technically not old enough to play an “M”-rated game, haha). Halo 2 blew my mind, since the graphics did indeed appear far better than CE at the time, and with the Covenant being delved into with a lot of detail (if anything H2 made the biggest impact on me, even if I struggled with playing the Flood levels in that game). However, Halo 3 has a special place in my heart and memory due to how the gameplay and actually playing the Campaign was more accessible to me. I can’t put my finger on why, but it just was easier for me to actually play and beat with little help from my brother. I never did much with multiplayer/online, so my experiences are kept to Campaign. I love all of the super-epic moments in H3 (not saying that the other two didn’t!), in combination with the music (fighting the Scarab on the Mongoose with a rocket-launcher Marine on the back in “The Storm” is still one of my favorite moments, next to jumping into the Hornet in “The Covenant”). It was probably just the little things that made H3 become my #1 favorite Halo game (with H2 and H:CE tying close for 2nd place for different reasons).

I loved Halo 3, every single thing about it was incredible, but I’d have to say Halo 2 was the greatest. Halo 3 introduced some game changing additions like Forge and was the last truly great, spectacular Halo game to be released. Now, everyone else is going to have an opinion, I’m simply voicing mine so don’t hate me. LOL

Here’s my reasoning as to why Halo 2 was the best. The hype around the game was incredible, unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. It ushered in an area and set the bar for all future titles. Halo 2 introduced Matchmaking, Bungie made a Friend’s List for Halo 2 which is something Xbox Live didn’t have at the time. The ranking system was pretty great and not to mention, MLG hit it’s peak with Halo 2. The Golden Age. There was nothing else to compete with Halo 2. The closest game was Star Wars Battlefront and that was really only played once you got angry enough to take a break from all the modders and cheaters in matchmaking. Halo 2 hold’s a special place in my heart and always will. Halo 2 was the Halo game I wish future Halo games would feel like but over the years, it’s slowly disappeared. Doesn’t help that there are dozens of other games to compete with too

Halo 3 was polished in a way that made me intrigued in the story of the Master Chief this is why I bought the game in the first place and I’ll never regret it.