Halo 3 Backwards Compatibility?

One of my friends was able to download the original Halo 3 on to his Xbox One. Is Halo 3 going to be backwards compatible soon…?

I would say no since it can be played on the Xbox One with the Master Chief Collection along with four other Halo games.

i hope so

> 2535421460898210;2:
> I would say no since it can be played on the Xbox One with the Master Chief Collection along with four other Halo games.

I think the same thing. I think MCC is as close as we’re gonna get

Phil spencer stated they are going to bring as many first party titles for backwards compatibility. I would expect all Halo games(for 360 at least) to return eventually. Some games like forza might not return due to licensing issues, which seems unlikely for halo titles.

> 2533274991067213;1:
> One of my friends was able to download the original Halo 3 on to his Xbox One. Is Halo 3 going to be backwards compatible soon…?

that pretty cool

Yes please, heck even the original gears of war is backwards compatible and the remastered one came out this year. So don’t use the excuse of MCC because we all know that works so well (obvious sarcasm is obvious)

> 2533274991067213;1:
> One of my friends was able to download the original Halo 3 on to his Xbox One. Is Halo 3 going to be backwards compatible soon…?

i’m a huge h3 fan can u take a pic to show us that its real and not fake

> 2533274878478766;8:
> > 2533274991067213;1:
> > One of my friends was able to download the original Halo 3 on to his Xbox One. Is Halo 3 going to be backwards compatible soon…?
>
>
> i’m a huge h3 fan can u take a pic to show us that its real and not fake

Uh, no, me and my cousin live quite far away from eachother. He may have been mistaken and actually downloaded Reach instead.

DAMN IT OP. …I was starting to get excited :persevere:

> 2535451336993939;10:
> DAMN IT OP. …I was starting to get excited :persevere:

does not mean its not coming

> 2535451336993939;10:
> DAMN IT OP. …I was starting to get excited :persevere:

does not mean its not coming

No!

> 2533274878478766;12:
> > 2535451336993939;10:
> > DAMN IT OP. …I was starting to get excited :persevere:
>
>
> does not mean its not coming

I didn’t say that it’s not coming, I was just disappointed that it wasn’t be yet or at least announced.

This needs to happen. I’d rather play the original H3 instead of MCC for the lack of players in Europe.

I hope so, would like to earn some more achievements and play Lone Wolves haha

I hope they do it’d be better than playing Halo TMCC

Nah, I doubt it will be. 343 practically achieved that with Halo MCC; although it is missing a huge chunk of what Halo 3 was, it’s probably the best thing we got to backwards compatibility.

Guess I’m gonna have to buy MCC

I think it’s a possibility since you need certain achievements from the old halo 3 to get armor from reach. Not putting it in would disable players from getting that nice UA/Security chest plate, which would be one of the biggest and most laziest -Yoink- moves I can imagine from a developer.