Halo 3 Anniversary?

So they are making Halo: CEA. We are hoping for Halo 2 Anniversary. Now what if they did a Halo 3 Anniversary. Yes I know Halo 3 was on the Xbox 360 and is still playable and wasn’t everyone’s favorite out of the trilogy; but it would complete the who Anniversary trilogy.

There are two ways they can do this:

1. take down the server and rebuild it so hackers can’t make it their home like it is right now. Then send us a update when we sign in to XBL and we can use our original disc of Halo 3.

2. re-release Halo 3 with enhanced graphics, some changes to the maps (maybe) and then add a few extra maps when you purchase it. Giving you a whole new Halo 3, but still feels like Classic Halo. No armor abilities, strictly classic. If they were to add an ability it should be Sprint only.

The Halo Trilogy was the best out of all of them in my opinion. An I would love to see all three of these games remade and re-released. They all had different terrains, not everything was the same color, the maps were unique in every way and made gameplay value sky rocket. Majority loved Halo 1-2-3 for their amazing mulitplayer aspect. Even the ranking system was on track!

So the questions are:

Do you want a complete Trilogy Anniversary of Halo 1, 2, & 3?
Should 343i do this?

I say Yes and Yes!

I was against a CE remake, and against a Halo 2 remake. A Halo 3 remake is a step too far.

Absolutely not.

> I was against a CE remake, and against a Halo 2 remake. A Halo 3 remake is a step too far.
>
> Absolutely not.

That’s okay. Some people will want it, some people wont. I thank you for your opinion. :slight_smile:

If they ever remake Halo 2… why the heck would you want Halo 3 remake? thats just stupid, im fairly ok with CEA and new maps + Reach multiplayer gametypes expansion

They are updating Halo 1 to celebrate 10 years of Halo and the game that started it all. They’re also doing so to show how it would look with modern, HD graphics. Halo 3 is already in HD so there’s no reason to update it.

no, you can play it RIGHT NOW. 1+2 don’t have live or HD so they make sense to remake.

Aboslutely NOOOO. Just no. This would make people expecting all the Halo games to be remade which is unessasary. This would also make it harder to develop NEW halo games as multiple employees willl have to work on these projects of remastering.

IMO CEA is fine and if they decide to remake Halo 2 that is their descision. But Halo 3 would be overboard and wouldnt bring anything new or exciting to the franchise.

Plus it would make no since considering it would have to be done on the Next xbox in the future and still would make people mad because then they would want all the other Halo games made again for the NEXT Xbox. Its totally dumb IMO.

Leave them with CEA and the reclaimer trilogy and if they decide to make Halo 2 Anniversay then there you go but NO HALO 3 REMAKE.

> no, you can play it RIGHT NOW. 1+2 don’t have live or HD so they make sense to remake.

Why not? It would have no negative impact on any of you, and it would make those people who wanted it happy. I find it unnecessary, and there’s always the option of NOT BUYING IT.

> Why not? It would have no negative impact on any of you, and it would make those people who wanted it happy. I find it unnecessary, and there’s always the option of NOT BUYING IT.

I agree. Saber and CA are going to need new projects while 343 works on the Reclaimer Trilogy. Why not finish off the last two Halo games and complete the trilogy. I’d wait until the next console comes out though and try to make them playable on that. No sense in remaking all of these games if we can only play them for a year or two.

They should just remake Halo CE and Halo 2 thats it…people saying that they should remake Halo 3? Why?

I appreciate everyone’s feedback. I don’t expect everyone to want this but in my eyes I think it makes sense. To have a remastered version of the Trilogy would be very cool. Like someone said “there is the option of not buying it” just like some aren’t going to buy CEA.

I gave two options for what they could do if they were to make a Halo 3 Anniversary. They could even make the forge a heck of a lot better compared to the original Halo 3 forge. There are possibilities with remaking it. And I know you can play Halo 3 right now, but it is a modders/hackers paradise which sucks. You never know.

I am glad to see this stirs up a good debate :slight_smile:

I will be so annoyed if they did this.

I got a good laugh out of this OP nice one.

> I got a good laugh out of this OP nice one.

No problem :slight_smile: Always glad to bring upon a good laugh ^.^

> I will be so annoyed if they did this.

I do want the Flood to be seriously improved. Maybe offer an alternate level to Floodgate (unlocked by completing Floodgate on Legendary) because that’s what I had in mind when I wrote this:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=66576856&viewreplies=true#end

A Floodgate with Half Flood and redesigned level instead of just being a backwards map of The Storm.
Or perhaps they could offer this Flood level as an add-on.

This along with H2 would be a waste of 343i’s time to make their trilogy as best as it can be. Also 343i isn’t going to make a good name for themselves if they just keep on trying to make cash off of Bungie’s accomplishments. CE was an acception. At most, just make a anniversary map pack for the H2 & 3.

I think what the should really do is make a halo reach anniversary.

> I think what the should really do is make a halo reach anniversary.

If they were to ever do that, they would need to improve Reach A LOT imo.