Halo 3 anniversary. Will it happen?/Ideas.

Halo 3 is my favorite halo game out of them all (Sorry 5) and i’m sure many of you would agree with me, or at least think it’s really good since Halo 3 is the most played halo alongside reach (This is beside the point so i’ll get to it). So my question is do you think there will be H3:A?

Graphically, there wouldn’t be a huge jump like 1 and 2 due to them not being in HD and being on the first Xbox but I still think Halo 3 would be great with a fresh coat of paint. Lighting would be improved dramatically (Just imagine the light shining though the leaves and trees and water reflections in Sierra 117…And better looking Monkey people of course.

New modes would be great too…or old. I’m talking about firefight. I would love if they made a firefight mode for Halo 3. Maybe take the maps from campaign and multiplayer maps, and maybe some new areas too.

Forge would be improved dramatically and it would be great to revisit some favorites like Foundry, Sandtrap and Sandbox with some new forge tools. And of course add some new canvases like H2:A.

I never had a problem with Halo 3’s ranking system so imo it should stay the same. Add all the old favorites like Griffball and infection an such.

Unlocking armor should be the same. It should be Achievement based so actually getting a helmet would feel like a reward instead of a purchase. I would love if they made recon a hard to get helmet again and just make it available for people who get full gamerscore and then it would be rare again just like in the good old days before it was a pre-order bonus (Looking at you reach).

So yeah, that’s just what I think Halo 3:Anniversary should contain if it even does Release come fall 2017. I know some of you think it would be pointless but I would love to see Halo 3 out there again and I had so many great memories with Halo 3 I wouldn’t mind paying for it a second time. Or third if you count MCC. Oh that reminds me, I want it to be a standalone title because I really don’t want to play it on MCC’s servers. Thanks for reading guys :smiley:

I hope so. I would be fine with 343i adding skins and new armors to multiplayer to make some money to justify development costs. The weapons should stay exactly the same unless there is a warzone mode then they can add variants. I actually still find Halo 3’s graphics and lighting to be the best in the series so I would hope they can upgrade the graphics and render distance without losing its general appeal. To me the main thing would be upgrading the cutscenes. An improved forge would be great, and also hopefully seeing a majority of multiplayer maps remade with new graphics. I would prefer they try to keep all the gameplay the same including any glitches if possible. Also, I would love a bunch of challenges to unlock Recon. It would also be cool if they threw in some firefight maps since we didn’t get them for the MCC. That’s my ideas, but I would be happy with any Halo 3 remake :slight_smile:

If it’s going to turn out to be anything like Halo CEA or Halo 2A, no thanks. I don’t want to see them ruin Halo 3 also.

> 2533274860342428;2:
> I hope so. I would be fine with 343i adding skins and new armors to multiplayer to make some money to justify development costs. The weapons should stay exactly the same unless there is a warzone mode then they can add variants. I actually still find Halo 3’s graphics and lighting to be the best in the series so I would hope they can upgrade the graphics and render distance without losing its general appeal. To me the main thing would be upgrading the cutscenes. An improved forge would be great, and also hopefully seeing a majority of multiplayer maps remade with new graphics. I would prefer they try to keep all the gameplay the same including any glitches if possible. Also, I would love a bunch of challenges to unlock Recon. It would also be cool if they threw in some firefight maps since we didn’t get them for the MCC. That’s my ideas, but I would be happy with any Halo 3 remake :slight_smile:

Yeah the cutscenes made by the guys who done Halo 2:Anniversarys would be incredible!

> 2533274873954403;3:
> If it’s going to turn out to be anything like Halo CEA or Halo 2A, no thanks. I don’t want to see them ruin Halo 3 also.

Yeah, I wouldn’t want to see a perfect game get trashed also but I though they did a good job on Halo 2’s anniversary, it’s just they stuffed up the technical aspects of it like online matchmaking and the lobby and such. But all i’m saying is just things that I want in it, that’s it :smiley:

> 2535451336993939;5:
> > 2533274873954403;3:
> > If it’s going to turn out to be anything like Halo CEA or Halo 2A, no thanks. I don’t want to see them ruin Halo 3 also.
>
>
> Yeah, I wouldn’t want to see a perfect game get trashed also but I though they did a good job on Halo 2’s anniversary, it’s just they stuffed up the technical aspects of it like online matchmaking and the lobby and such. But all i’m saying is just things that I want in it, that’s it :smiley:

Honestly, the only thing Halo 2A needed was every map remade… and it needed to be on its own.

They should have never made the MCC.

Halo 3 Anniversary should absolutely happen. It should have the campaign remastered (and I know it still looks good it really has aged well, but after ten years I think it could use it). Also it would need 10-12+ multiplayer maps remade with better graphics but keep the same gameplay feel and weapon spawns. Every gametype (slayer, multi bomb and flag, single bomb and flag, koth, territories, oddball, VIP, Juggernaut and infection) would also be included. Lastly add a firefight mode within the campaign. This would be fantastic because Halo 3 has so many incredible environments that I whenever I play it I always think “Damn this would be awesome to play firefight on.” For instance, the last section of Sierra 117, the scarab sections of Storm, the Ark and covenant and the tower leading to the control room on halo.

YES!

I personally feel like Halo 3 Anniversary should be a ported version onto the Xbox One. What they should do is leave the game almost exactly how it is, maybe introduce a few new armor sets that 343i would’ve liked to see in Halo 3, as well as adding in a few maps of their own and then weapons (such as there Lightrifle, Plasma Caster, Rail Gun, etc). Now, those weapons would only be introduced on their newly designed maps. Essentially what Halo Online is in Russia. Check it out on YouTube if you’ve never seen Halo Online, it would get you hyped.