halo 3 and odst: recon armour??

hey
i just bought halo 3 and odst and was wondering how to get the recon armour. i heard that 343 gave it to everyone for free but as i just got the gae, are they still doing this. or is this impossible for me to get now! thankyou in advance carnooo

I think after a update from Xbox live, you should automatically have it unlocked in Halo 3’s “Appearance” menu.

The BIGGEST kick in the teeth 343i. Seriously. You know how many fans you pissed off? ¬_¬

> I think after a update from Xbox live, you should automatically have it unlocked in Halo 3’s “Appearance” menu.
>
> The BIGGEST kick in the teeth 343i. Seriously. You know how many fans you pissed off? ¬_¬

I still don’t understand why people are upset over it. Because of the transition from Bungie to 343i, it would literally have been impossible to unlock Recon if they hadn’t just given it to everyone. Yes, people worked hard over the last few years to get the armor, and their reward was “early access” to the armor, basically.

I still don’t have the Recon, though playing H3 and ODST since years. I don’t know if there was any update from XBL which unlocked it for free. Anyway, I don’t miss it much.

> > I think after a update from Xbox live, you should automatically have it unlocked in Halo 3’s “Appearance” menu.
> >
> > The BIGGEST kick in the teeth 343i. Seriously. You know how many fans you pissed off? ¬_¬
>
> I still don’t understand why people are upset over it. Because of the transition from Bungie to 343i, it would literally have been impossible to unlock Recon if they hadn’t just given it to everyone. Yes, people worked hard over the last few years to get the armor, and their reward was “early access” to the armor, basically.

Adding a feature that checks if you have the Vidmasters and an Unlock Recon button isn’t hard, considering Waypoint tracks all your Halo achievements.

I was kinda pissed when they did this too…but I think that you might still have to be linked to bungie.net. I’m not sure though.

Actually to my knowledge, Bungie is the one that made recon a default armor in halo 3, the reason is since Bungie is no longer part of halo and authentication through their servers was the only way of getting the armor they decided to make it default,“as a farewell present” to say.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I heard that by unlocking the Vidmaster achievements in Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST you unlocked the recon armour.

>

Hey, first off - please don’t revive old topics. The last post in this one before yours was over a year ago.

But yes, Vidmasters used to be the way to unlock Recon armour before 343 started unlocking it for everyone.

As of now though, they are no longer unlocking Recon for people.