Halo 3 and 4 maps already free

I was looking on Xbox.com and it appeared that the map packs are already free to download.

If you don’t own the DLC go have a look.

At least I won’t be changing discs for Halo 3 now I guess.
But I kinda like the mythic menu…

All map packs from Halo 3, Wars, Reach (Except Noble) and 4 are free to download. It’s odd however, why Noble it’s not. Very odd if you ask me.

> 2533275010817669;3:
> All map packs from Halo 3, Wars, Reach (Except Noble) and 4 are free to download. It’s odd however, why Noble it’s not. Very odd if you ask me.

Hopefully just an oversight. It’s still got a price on it as of right now. While everything else remains free.

Ya, I guess there are still people in the community that aren’t aware of this? All DLC for previous Halo titles for the 360 are free!

> 2547348539238747;4:
> > 2533275010817669;3:
> > All map packs from Halo 3, Wars, Reach (Except Noble) and 4 are free to download. It’s odd however, why Noble it’s not. Very odd if you ask me.
>
> Hopefully just an oversight. It’s still got a price on it as of right now. While everything else remains free.

It’s an issue at the moment that’s being worked on, hopefully won’t be much longer until it’s free

> 2533274813317074;6:
> > 2547348539238747;4:
> > > 2533275010817669;3:
> > > All map packs from Halo 3, Wars, Reach (Except Noble) and 4 are free to download. It’s odd however, why Noble it’s not. Very odd if you ask me.
> >
> > Hopefully just an oversight. It’s still got a price on it as of right now. While everything else remains free.
>
> It’s an issue at the moment that’s being worked on, hopefully won’t be much longer until it’s free

At least that. Thanks for the info.

> 2533274903727694;5:
> Ya, I guess there are still people in the community that aren’t aware of this? All DLC for previous Halo titles for the 360 are free!

Well I wasn’t. Every article outside of here says the DLC “will” be free. Implying that it isn’t free right now. Instead of saying “has been made free”, or something along those lines. So it’s my understanding that the gaming media at large hasn’t quite realised this.

> 2547348539238747;8:
> > 2533274903727694;5:
> > Ya, I guess there are still people in the community that aren’t aware of this? All DLC for previous Halo titles for the 360 are free!
>
> Well I wasn’t. Every article outside of here says the DLC “will” be free. Implying that it isn’t free right now. Instead of saying “has been made free”, or something along those lines. So it’s my understanding that the gaming media at large hasn’t quite realised this.

Well, the DLCs are free, checked them myself and I was surprised. Downloaded the Defiant Map Pack for Reach (It’s odd that Noble hasn’t been made free however.
stcrboy informed that they’re working on it), the Historical Battle Map Pack Add-on for Halo Wars and the War Games Map Pass (Includes ALL map packs available in Halo 4). If you haven’t, why don’t you do it?
Palpatine: DO IT!

Holy -Yoink-. Finally I won’t have to swap between discs on H3.

Just downloaded them all on my 360 so I can play with or without my ODST disc.