Halo 2A/Halo 4 dead zone and aim acceleration.

Does anybody know the formula for the Halo 2 or Halo 4 dead zones and aim acceleration? I want to try emulate the exact feel of The MCC.

Bump

bump

EDIT: Looks like they have edited the initial post here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-advanced-controller-settings
Apparently the BETA for Halo 5 and previous games had an aim acceleration of 2. Suggested for “deadzones” is to put them at 0% and then adjust if you see any movement. As noted below, I know for a fact all previous halo games had deadzones, so I may stay away from 0% but might try something like 2%.

Im not sure the exact answer to this question but have spent the past hour googling responses posted in the last 24 hours (after the update yesterday) and I also played last night for the better part of 4 hours testing things around.

Generally I have seen/come across TWO responses:

Config 1) High sensitivity(4+), low aim acceleration (1-2).

• I have not tested this but it SEEMS you will experience a greater degree of impact from the aim acceleration. This will give you the “smoothest” turning but may seem sensitive for precise aiming.

In other words: Picture a set of stairs. With Config one, it will be slow, low elongated stairs that will feel more like a “flat surface” with small bumps along the way where the “acceleration” kicks in.

Config 2) Low sensitivity(1-3), high acceleration (4-5)

• I HAVE tested this and I personally think this feels the best. You have a very low “sensitivity” when precise aiming, but push the stick to either direction and there virtually is zero “acceleration” as you are nearly immediately kicked into top speed.

In other words: Flat surface with one big step.

For dead zones, I need to play more with this, some players say put them at 0%. I can tell for a fact that Halo1/2 had deadzones and I think its very common to have some level of deadzone - but not at 12%. If I were you, I would try in the 0-6% range but BEFORE doing that, try the two extreme configs posted above. Generally one will “feel” more natural, and you can fine tune from there. I dont think you will ever play with High Sens and High Acc as you would never be able to aim straight, nor low sens and low acc as you would never be able to turn.

Hope that helps!!!

> 2535427681985847;4:
> EDIT: Looks like they have edited the initial post here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-advanced-controller-settings
> Apparently the BETA for Halo 5 and previous games had an aim acceleration of 2. Suggested for “deadzones” is to put them at 0% and then adjust if you see any movement. As noted below, I know for a fact all previous halo games had deadzones, so I may stay away from 0% but might try something like 2%.
>
> Im not sure the exact answer to this question but have spent the past hour googling responses posted in the last 24 hours (after the update yesterday) and I also played last night for the better part of 4 hours testing things around.
>
> Generally I have seen/come across TWO responses:
>
> Config 1) High sensitivity(4+), low aim acceleration (1-2).
> - I have not tested this but it SEEMS you will experience a greater degree of impact from the aim acceleration. This will give you the “smoothest” turning but may seem sensitive for precise aiming.
>
> In other words: Picture a set of stairs. With Config one, it will be slow, low elongated stairs that will feel more like a “flat surface” with small bumps along the way where the “acceleration” kicks in.
>
> Config 2) Low sensitivity(1-3), high acceleration (4-5)
> - I HAVE tested this and I personally think this feels the best. You have a very low “sensitivity” when precise aiming, but push the stick to either direction and there virtually is zero “acceleration” as you are nearly immediately kicked into top speed.
>
> In other words: Flat surface with one big step.
>
> For dead zones, I need to play more with this, some players say put them at 0%. I can tell for a fact that Halo1/2 had deadzones and I think its very common to have some level of deadzone - but not at 12%. If I were you, I would try in the 0-6% range but BEFORE doing that, try the two extreme configs posted above. Generally one will “feel” more natural, and you can fine tune from there. I dont think you will ever play with High Sens and High Acc as you would never be able to aim straight, nor low sens and low acc as you would never be able to turn.
>
> Hope that helps!!!

This info is amazing, thank you

> 2535427681985847;4:
> EDIT: Looks like they have edited the initial post here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-advanced-controller-settings
> Apparently the BETA for Halo 5 and previous games had an aim acceleration of 2. Suggested for “deadzones” is to put them at 0% and then adjust if you see any movement. As noted below, I know for a fact all previous halo games had deadzones, so I may stay away from 0% but might try something like 2%.
>
> Im not sure the exact answer to this question but have spent the past hour googling responses posted in the last 24 hours (after the update yesterday) and I also played last night for the better part of 4 hours testing things around.
>
> Generally I have seen/come across TWO responses:
>
> Config 1) High sensitivity(4+), low aim acceleration (1-2).
> - I have not tested this but it SEEMS you will experience a greater degree of impact from the aim acceleration. This will give you the “smoothest” turning but may seem sensitive for precise aiming.
>
> In other words: Picture a set of stairs. With Config one, it will be slow, low elongated stairs that will feel more like a “flat surface” with small bumps along the way where the “acceleration” kicks in.
>
> Config 2) Low sensitivity(1-3), high acceleration (4-5)
> - I HAVE tested this and I personally think this feels the best. You have a very low “sensitivity” when precise aiming, but push the stick to either direction and there virtually is zero “acceleration” as you are nearly immediately kicked into top speed.
>
> In other words: Flat surface with one big step.
>
> For dead zones, I need to play more with this, some players say put them at 0%. I can tell for a fact that Halo1/2 had deadzones and I think its very common to have some level of deadzone - but not at 12%. If I were you, I would try in the 0-6% range but BEFORE doing that, try the two extreme configs posted above. Generally one will “feel” more natural, and you can fine tune from there. I dont think you will ever play with High Sens and High Acc as you would never be able to aim straight, nor low sens and low acc as you would never be able to turn.
>
> Hope that helps!!!

Cannot wait to try this. Thanks !

bump