Halo 2

I know Halo 2 has arguably been the buggiest and biggest problem child in MCC since launch, but until the other day I thought this issue had been fixed.

The issue being Halo 2 campaign freezing/locking up and booting the co-op pair back to the main menu. As far as I can discern, it only occurs during co-op play and doesn’t seem to have any consistency I can immediately locate.

Played in original graphics = crash
Played in remastered graphics = crash
Played with skulls = crash
Played without skulls = crash

it’s not that we’re softlocking the game or anything, the times are inconsistent even. One time we got all the way through Regret and were about to vacate the last Gondola to fight Regret and it crashed. Another time we barely were 10 minutes into the court room of death at the start of Gravemind and it crashed. Next run we got to the line of outdoor areas you can walk over rather than go through at about 38 minutes in and it crashed. The last being at the gap after you reach the Hunters and they push up with you on The Great Journey, attempting to jump the gap and it froze then booted us.

The only crash I knew that was consistent was dual wielding Plasma Rifles with Bandana on. Here I have no idea what’s going on.

The lesser of my gripes of course is the fact that even without feather or sputnik on, apparently random bits of plasma fire from Plasma Rifles and Plasma Pistols can send us flying while driving a vehicle such as a Warthog.

I know this won’t be fixed any time soon what with the group that is working on MCC being so small and Infinite taking the forefront of all attention. But it’s making getting Halo 2 LASO and the sub 3 hour achievement near impossible with a friend.

If anyone else can find the replication to this issue, please share it, I’d love to know what’s triggering these seemingly random crashes.

I encourage you to make a ticket on the support site detailing this issue.

I’ve made similar tickets regarding crashes and I have had a support Agent remain in constant contact with me until it was resolved.

> 2533274815711361;2:
> I encourage you to make a ticket on the support site detailing this issue.I’ve made similar tickets regarding crashes and I have had a support Agent remain in constant contact with me until it was resolved.

I actually did not too long after making this post, I have since gotten a response.

> 2533274815711361;2:
> I encourage you to make a ticket on the support site detailing this issue.I’ve made similar tickets regarding crashes and I have had a support Agent remain in constant contact with me until it was resolved.

Ultimately, as of right now there isn’t much they can do apparently.