Halo 2 vs. Halo 2: Anniversary

I’m sorry if this is a duplication of previous posts. I did a search and couldn’t find anything about this and I’ve been combing the net for information, and as far I’ve found very little.

Anyways, I’ve seen the upgrades and new content that they plan to implement in Halo 2: Anniversary and much of it looks pretty cool. That said I am worried that we won’t be able to play classic Halo 2 multiplayer without the new add-ins. I haven’t seen any concrete information or screen shots of it. While new content is nice I would like to be able to also play Halo 2 as it launched-- without alterations, with glitches-- and I’m scared by the lack of attention given to this.

Let me clarify that I am highly appreciative of the effort put into Anniversary, but for the purist it would be disappointing to not have the multiplayer option exactly as we loved it so much. Some people might not like the gun goose and assault rifle added in, and a cultural cornerstone of the game would be missing if we couldn’t at least go somewhere and do super jumps, button combos, etc.

Again I apologize if I am late to an old conversation but anyone who could help me out and point me to any articles explaining my question would be greatly appreciated.

It has been confirmed about 100 times now, that you will be able to play the original multi-player modes of Halo CE, 2, 3, and 4 with improved texture quality, lighting, 1080p, 60fps. All maps included, whether they were launch, DLC, or PC exclusive maps.

On top of that, there is also the option to play the Halo 2A MP mode as well, which has been shown off at E3, RTX and SDCC now. This mode has 6 reimagined maps from Halo 2, with re-tuned weapons, new weapons, vehicles and power ups. Confirmed maps so far are Zanzibar, Ascension, and Coagulation. Sanctuary and Lockout have also been hinted at (I really hope they remake Terminal or Relic)

dude the original multiplayer is still there. the additions like the AR and gungoose as well as graphics upgrades are only on 6 maps. however the original versions of those maps, with glitches, old graphics and gameplay are also on the disk. literally every map for halo 2 ever made including on pc will be in the master chief collection, in their original form :slight_smile: so for six of the maps there is an upgrade AS WELL as the original verison

343i have confirmed that on top of the Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer, you’ll be able to play the MP’s of ALL the numbered titles as they were when the game was out. In short, you’ll be able to play Halo 2’s original MP WITHOUT the added features such as the gungoose or the silenced SMG.

You can find more information about this on any website which has given info about the MCC. Even on Halo Waypoint. This bulletin even states that “We are making huge investments to deliver a premium experience at 1080p, 60 fps. Having said that, the original game had a lot of dependencies running at 30 fps so we are focusing on making sure Halo 2 plays the way it did “post-patch.” Gameplay will feel the way you remember it.” in response to a question about what version of Halo 2 will be included.

Hope this helps.

Sweet.

Also, if you want to play the new version old school style you can just remove the additional stuff in Forge.

> Also, if you want to play the new version old school style you can just remove the additional stuff in Forge.

We don’t know what kind of Forge options we will have in Halo 2: Anniversary, best not to start saying this yet.

> > Also, if you want to play the new version old school style you can just remove the additional stuff in Forge.
>
> We don’t know what kind of Forge options we will have in Halo 2: Anniversary, best not to start saying this yet.

I’m pretty sure if a new map had a silenced SMG and Gungoose, you could easily delete them.