Halo:2 Remake

343 should remake halo:2 like it was back then it was fun i really kinda lost interest after halo:3.It should have no assassination`s,Same weapons and everything but updated graphics

I would encourage you to use the search bar in the future, as there are already dozens of topics on this subject.

Anyway: If Halo 2 Anniversary happens, it’s not going to be for a while. In addition, its highly unlikely the multiplayer would return, especially with 343 focusing on the Reclaimer trilogy and the various multiplayer experiences featured in each game.

> 343 should remake halo:2 like it was back then it was fun i really kinda lost interest after halo:3.It should have no assassination`s,Same weapons and everything but updated graphics

Yup and talking about it like you are doing is better than doing nothing to let 343 know. I think the more popular and more sensible reasoning on this is that a remake will be made and it will be by Nov 2014 to celebrate (for more sales) 10 years of H2 and it coincides with 10 years on the 360 (4 months apart) and that spells lots of money. MS will not let this one pass by, imo.

The only question in my mind is will they screw up the MP like they did with CEA or will they give us what they know we want. That’s why I don’t mind seeing more threads like this. What the heck else are we going to talk about on a Halo 2 forum run by Microsoft? A true Halo 2 fan would not sit idly by without voicing something positive toward the correct remake of H2, imo.

I’ll say again till hell freezes over…by screwing with CEA MP, MS created the very ‘split in the community’ that they said they didn’t want. If they do the same with H2A the split will widen drastically. Give us what we want and there’s no split, everyone is happy and we simply play H4 for a while, play H2 for a while and eventually play H5 for a while. Nobody loses if it’s done right and the people playing H2 MP on Live again will trail off in 6 months anyway. Win win

> > 343 should remake halo:2 like it was back then it was fun i really kinda lost interest after halo:3.It should have no assassination`s,Same weapons and everything but updated graphics
>
> Yup and talking about it like you are doing is better than doing nothing to let 343 know. I think the more popular and more sensible reasoning on this is that a remake will be made and it will be by Nov 2014 to celebrate (for more sales) 10 years of H2 and it coincides with 10 years on the 360 (4 months apart) and that spells lots of money. MS will not let this one pass by, imo.
>
> <mark>The only question in my mind is will they screw up the MP like they did with CEA or will they give us what they know we want.</mark> That’s why I don’t mind seeing more threads like this. What the heck else are we going to talk about on a Halo 2 forum run by Microsoft? A true Halo 2 fan would not sit idly by without voicing something positive toward the correct remake of H2, imo.
>
> I’ll say again till hell freezes over…by screwing with CEA MP, MS created the very ‘split in the community’ that they said they didn’t want. If they do the same with H2A the split will widen drastically. Give us what we want and there’s no split, everyone is happy and we simply play H4 for a while, play H2 for a while and eventually play H5 for a while. Nobody loses if it’s done right and the people playing H2 MP on Live again will trail off in 6 months anyway. Win win

Is it bad that I would be fine just with the campaign being remade?

> > > 343 should remake halo:2 like it was back then it was fun i really kinda lost interest after halo:3.It should have no assassination`s,Same weapons and everything but updated graphics
> >
> > Yup and talking about it like you are doing is better than doing nothing to let 343 know. I think the more popular and more sensible reasoning on this is that a remake will be made and it will be by Nov 2014 to celebrate (for more sales) 10 years of H2 and it coincides with 10 years on the 360 (4 months apart) and that spells lots of money. MS will not let this one pass by, imo.
> >
> > <mark>The only question in my mind is will they screw up the MP like they did with CEA or will they give us what they know we want.</mark> That’s why I don’t mind seeing more threads like this. What the heck else are we going to talk about on a Halo 2 forum run by Microsoft? A true Halo 2 fan would not sit idly by without voicing something positive toward the correct remake of H2, imo.
> >
> > I’ll say again till hell freezes over…by screwing with CEA MP, MS created the very ‘split in the community’ that they said they didn’t want. If they do the same with H2A the split will widen drastically. Give us what we want and there’s no split, everyone is happy and we simply play H4 for a while, play H2 for a while and eventually play H5 for a while. Nobody loses if it’s done right and the people playing H2 MP on Live again will trail off in 6 months anyway. Win win
>
> Is it bad that I would be fine just with the campaign being remade?

no

I’d be fine with the Anniversary treatment, but with the addition of Theater mode in Campaign. That’s all, really. Maybe a bonus mission or too, and an increased amount, say maybe 9 or 10, multiplayer maps for Halo 4 or 5.

I wonder when they tell us their desicion either to remake it or leave it as is. I hope for the former.

> > > 343 should remake halo:2 like it was back then it was fun i really kinda lost interest after halo:3.It should have no assassination`s,Same weapons and everything but updated graphics
> >
> > Yup and talking about it like you are doing is better than doing nothing to let 343 know. I think the more popular and more sensible reasoning on this is that a remake will be made and it will be by Nov 2014 to celebrate (for more sales) 10 years of H2 and it coincides with 10 years on the 360 (4 months apart) and that spells lots of money. MS will not let this one pass by, imo.
> >
> > <mark>The only question in my mind is will they screw up the MP like they did with CEA or will they give us what they know we want.</mark> That’s why I don’t mind seeing more threads like this. What the heck else are we going to talk about on a Halo 2 forum run by Microsoft? A true Halo 2 fan would not sit idly by without voicing something positive toward the correct remake of H2, imo.
> >
> > I’ll say again till hell freezes over…by screwing with CEA MP, MS created the very ‘split in the community’ that they said they didn’t want. If they do the same with H2A the split will widen drastically. Give us what we want and there’s no split, everyone is happy and we simply play H4 for a while, play H2 for a while and eventually play H5 for a while. Nobody loses if it’s done right and the people playing H2 MP on Live again will trail off in 6 months anyway. Win win
>

No, but for the people who play MP, they don’t have the Live option. Besides, wouldn’t you like to play coop Live? Myself, I don’t need CMP remade, I have it now and can play anytime I want but I would not say no to a remake just because of the people who do want Live back.

I want the -Yoink!- shadows fixed too, I still trick H2 but I have to do it on my original box because of the emulator. MS sold a bogus emulator and I’d like my product fixed.

> > > > 343 should remake halo:2 like it was back then it was fun i really kinda lost interest after halo:3.It should have no assassination`s,Same weapons and everything but updated graphics
> > >
> > > Yup and talking about it like you are doing is better than doing nothing to let 343 know. I think the more popular and more sensible reasoning on this is that a remake will be made and it will be by Nov 2014 to celebrate (for more sales) 10 years of H2 and it coincides with 10 years on the 360 (4 months apart) and that spells lots of money. MS will not let this one pass by, imo.
> > >
> > > <mark>The only question in my mind is will they screw up the MP like they did with CEA or will they give us what they know we want.</mark> That’s why I don’t mind seeing more threads like this. What the heck else are we going to talk about on a Halo 2 forum run by Microsoft? A true Halo 2 fan would not sit idly by without voicing something positive toward the correct remake of H2, imo.
> > >
> > > I’ll say again till hell freezes over…by screwing with CEA MP, MS created the very ‘split in the community’ that they said they didn’t want. If they do the same with H2A the split will widen drastically. Give us what we want and there’s no split, everyone is happy and we simply play H4 for a while, play H2 for a while and eventually play H5 for a while. Nobody loses if it’s done right and the people playing H2 MP on Live again will trail off in 6 months anyway. Win win
> >
> > Is it bad that I would be fine just with the campaign being remade?
>
> No, but for the people who play MP, they don’t have the Live option. <mark>Besides, wouldn’t you like to play coop Live? Myself,</mark> I don’t need CMP remade, I have it now and can play anytime I want but I would not say no to a remake just because of the people who do want Live back.
>
> I want the -Yoink!- shadows fixed too, I still trick H2 but I have to do it on my original box because of the emulator. MS sold a bogus emulator and I’d like my product fixed.

Of course i want co-op over live. (hopefully 4 player) I just wouldn’t be crying if they didn’t have the original multiplayer.

> > > > > 343 should remake halo:2 like it was back then it was fun i really kinda lost interest after halo:3.It should have no assassination`s,Same weapons and everything but updated graphics
> > > >
> > > > Yup and talking about it like you are doing is better than doing nothing to let 343 know. I think the more popular and more sensible reasoning on this is that a remake will be made and it will be by Nov 2014 to celebrate (for more sales) 10 years of H2 and it coincides with 10 years on the 360 (4 months apart) and that spells lots of money. MS will not let this one pass by, imo.
> > > >
> > > > <mark>The only question in my mind is will they screw up the MP like they did with CEA or will they give us what they know we want.</mark> That’s why I don’t mind seeing more threads like this. What the heck else are we going to talk about on a Halo 2 forum run by Microsoft? A true Halo 2 fan would not sit idly by without voicing something positive toward the correct remake of H2, imo.
> > > >
> > > > I’ll say again till hell freezes over…by screwing with CEA MP, MS created the very ‘split in the community’ that they said they didn’t want. If they do the same with H2A the split will widen drastically. Give us what we want and there’s no split, everyone is happy and we simply play H4 for a while, play H2 for a while and eventually play H5 for a while. Nobody loses if it’s done right and the people playing H2 MP on Live again will trail off in 6 months anyway. Win win
> > >
> > > Is it bad that I would be fine just with the campaign being remade?
> >
> > No, but for the people who play MP, they don’t have the Live option. <mark>Besides, wouldn’t you like to play coop Live? Myself,</mark> I don’t need CMP remade, I have it now and can play anytime I want but I would not say no to a remake just because of the people who do want Live back.
> >
> > I want the -Yoink!- shadows fixed too, I still trick H2 but I have to do it on my original box because of the emulator. MS sold a bogus emulator and I’d like my product fixed.
>
> Of course i want co-op over live. (hopefully 4 player) I just wouldn’t be crying if they didn’t have the original multiplayer.

I won’t cry either, I’ll just be a little pissed that I can’t get the product I want. I’ve spent a lot of money on MS goods over the years but I guess one guy means little to them.

> > > > > > 343 should remake halo:2 like it was back then it was fun i really kinda lost interest after halo:3.It should have no assassination`s,Same weapons and everything but updated graphics
> > > > >
> > > > > Yup and talking about it like you are doing is better than doing nothing to let 343 know. I think the more popular and more sensible reasoning on this is that a remake will be made and it will be by Nov 2014 to celebrate (for more sales) 10 years of H2 and it coincides with 10 years on the 360 (4 months apart) and that spells lots of money. MS will not let this one pass by, imo.
> > > > >
> > > > > <mark>The only question in my mind is will they screw up the MP like they did with CEA or will they give us what they know we want.</mark> That’s why I don’t mind seeing more threads like this. What the heck else are we going to talk about on a Halo 2 forum run by Microsoft? A true Halo 2 fan would not sit idly by without voicing something positive toward the correct remake of H2, imo.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’ll say again till hell freezes over…by screwing with CEA MP, MS created the very ‘split in the community’ that they said they didn’t want. If they do the same with H2A the split will widen drastically. Give us what we want and there’s no split, everyone is happy and we simply play H4 for a while, play H2 for a while and eventually play H5 for a while. Nobody loses if it’s done right and the people playing H2 MP on Live again will trail off in 6 months anyway. Win win
> > > >
> > > > Is it bad that I would be fine just with the campaign being remade?
> > >
> > > No, but for the people who play MP, they don’t have the Live option. <mark>Besides, wouldn’t you like to play coop Live? Myself,</mark> I don’t need CMP remade, I have it now and can play anytime I want but I would not say no to a remake just because of the people who do want Live back.
> > >
> > > I want the -Yoink!- shadows fixed too, I still trick H2 but I have to do it on my original box because of the emulator. MS sold a bogus emulator and I’d like my product fixed.
> >
> > Of course i want co-op over live. (hopefully 4 player) I just wouldn’t be crying if they didn’t have the original multiplayer.
>
> I won’t cry either, I’ll just be a little pissed that I can’t get the product I want. I’ve spent a lot of money on MS goods over the years but I guess one guy means little to them.

Well then I guess you need more people. You can count me in if they have campaign as well as the original multiplayer

I’d buy it.

But if it had the original MP on back on XBL I’d love 343i forever.

> I’d be fine with the Anniversary treatment, but with the addition of Theater mode in Campaign. That’s all, really. Maybe a bonus mission or too, and an increased amount, say maybe 9 or 10, multiplayer maps for Halo 4 or 5.

From what I understand, implementing theatre mode takes a lot of work, and quite frankly I doubt 343i will ever put that much effort into it.

> >
> >
> >
>

Yes

Do you guys think there should be an option to play with all the original glitches; which made the game even funner, as well as adding in original and HD graphic Options. Or do you guys think that there should be patches to the old glitches? What do you believe should happen If H2: Anniversary came to be.

Well this should change things

> > > > 343 should remake halo:2 like it was back then it was fun i really kinda lost interest after halo:3.It should have no assassination`s,Same weapons and everything but updated graphics
> > >
> > > Yup and talking about it like you are doing is better than doing nothing to let 343 know. I think the more popular and more sensible reasoning on this is that a remake will be made and it will be by Nov 2014 to celebrate (for more sales) 10 years of H2 and it coincides with 10 years on the 360 (4 months apart) and that spells lots of money. MS will not let this one pass by, imo.
> > >
> > > <mark>The only question in my mind is will they screw up the MP like they did with CEA or will they give us what they know we want.</mark> That’s why I don’t mind seeing more threads like this. What the heck else are we going to talk about on a Halo 2 forum run by Microsoft? A true Halo 2 fan would not sit idly by without voicing something positive toward the correct remake of H2, imo.
> > >
> > > I’ll say again till hell freezes over…by screwing with CEA MP, MS created the very ‘split in the community’ that they said they didn’t want. If they do the same with H2A the split will widen drastically. Give us what we want and there’s no split, everyone is happy and we simply play H4 for a while, play H2 for a while and eventually play H5 for a while. Nobody loses if it’s done right and the people playing H2 MP on Live again will trail off in 6 months anyway. Win win
> >
> > Is it bad that I would be fine just with the campaign being remade?
>
> Yes

No.I’m afraid we’d end up with a whole bunch of spiritual successors like Blackout…rather than what we want, which is, exact replicas only changed to accommodate the new move speed and jump height but it should feel exactly the same…not completely different.