Halo 2 Remake ?

-What is the chances for a Halo 2 remake?

• What have we heard 343 say about a Halo 2 remake or something?

*are

… And so far we have had little information regarding anything involving Halo 2. However, the recent extension to Halo 2’s online multiplayer on PC is rather short and suggests two things:

1. 343 needs the server space to power a work-in-progress title (Like Halo 3 PC, recently leaked)
  2. By time Halo 2 PC ends there will be a Halo 2 Anniversary announcement

I can’t say anything for sure, but that’s what I think. The rest is all speculation. I mean, what are the cons of a Halo 2 PC? Next year will be it’s tenth anniversary, it is known as “the greatest Halo ever made”, and it gets more money! Let’s just keep hoping. Who knows, if we keep our fingers crossed we might get a super -Yoink!- ultra chocolately fudge-covered super Halo 2 on the Xbox 720!

Perhaps, this year in E3, halo 2 anniversary will be announced and be released in 2014 ?

> *are
>
> … And so far we have had little information regarding anything involving Halo 2. However, the recent extension to Halo 2’s online multiplayer on PC is rather short and suggests two things:
>
> 1. 343 needs the server space to power a work-in-progress title (Like Halo 3 PC, recently leaked)
> 2. By time Halo 2 PC ends there will be a Halo 2 Anniversary announcement
>
> I can’t say anything for sure, but that’s what I think. The rest is all speculation. I mean, what are the cons of a Halo 2 PC? Next year will be it’s tenth anniversary, it is known as “the greatest Halo ever made”, and it gets more money! Let’s just keep hoping. Who knows, if we keep our fingers crossed we might get a super -Yoink!- ultra chocolatey fudge-covered super Halo 2 on the Xbox 720!

Was it necessary to correct him? Ok then.
chocolatey

As much as I really really really want Halo 2 anniversary, I also think 343 was a little scattered while working on Halo 4, managing and updating reach, and working on Halo: CE anniversary.

I just want a really good Halo game. Whether it’s a Halo 2 remake or Halo 5. Either way I think they should be laser focused about it.

If Halo 2 is what’s next I hope they take their time with Halo 5. I don’t want Halo to become a yearly release. I’d rather they make every game great and take their time. 2 or 3 years between releases between titles sound good to me. Especially because I don’t think it’s a good idea to rush a new company like 343.

I think Halo 4 would have been better if it came out a few-several months from now, maybe with a beta. I hope they have a beta for Halo 5…

Sorry. rambling now.

It wont have a Multiplayer, it will just be like Halo: CEA.

If there is a Halo 2 anniversary I highly doubt that it would include the multiplayer component especially not the online one.

Halo 2 was coded for the original xbox live service which has since been shut down. In order to have a Halo 2 anniversary run on the current live service the entire online component it would have to be re-coded from the ground up.

One can always dream… but I wouldn’t get your hopes up

I have never played halo 2, and as much i would enjoy playing it, it would be best if it was not released. I would only enforce the idea of classic halo always be better then what is to. What i mean when i say this is that people will just grow to resent 343 even more because they want to change things. That is just my opinion, but i believe we just need to provide feedback and hope for the best halo game ever, and not long to go back in time.

I don’t think there will be a Halo 2 anniversary. I get making a anniversary edition of the first game but not the second one. I think it would be silly but sillier things have happened I guess.

I’d prefer just the multi player be re-released as an arcade purchase. Same graphics, maps, and gameplay.

I’d definitely pay for a Halo 2 remake, especially if it was in the same vein as Halo Anniversary!

I can remember I’ve heard the following in some kind of interview.

Q: What can you say about a Halo 2 Anniversary?
A: (something, something, can’t remember) But we’re not working on that yet.

So, it isn’t confirmed but neither it’s rejected.

Halo 4 should have came out for the 720, maybe then we could have got a finished game.

A Halo 2 Multiplayer would get my money.

I would for sure pay for a Halo 2 remake.

I think that if they’re making halo 2 anniversary there will be a trailer near the end of the year

I would love to have a Halo 2 Remake: then the Halos that were on the first Xbox would have been remade. I have never played H2, but peeps say that it had the best campaign and all that. If 343 did the same as with CE:A and put some remakes of H2 maps for H4 (or even H5 beta, which I sincerily doubt) I would be as happy as a Grunt with FRG.

I too want 343 to focus on Halo 5 (and 4 still OFC), but making a remake would help them get the feel of the old trilogy and implement some of it to the next game.

2014 fits me fine for the Anniversary.

I’d say it’s a solid 90% chance they’ll make one. Trust me, by the end of 2014, we’ll all be enjoying the glory days once again.

I really want a halo 2 anniversary, but there have been so many different rumors coming around the Internet it’s hard to say. There is still a big chance that there will be a H2A but after e3 it looked less likely. I just hope that whatever game 343 makes that they put a lot off effort and make it a good game like bungie did with old trilogy and not do a sloppy job like they did with halo 4 especially the campaign.