Halo 2 Remake incoming?!

During the 343i Press day a few tweets were sent out involving halo 4 but I beleive this one might be about a Halo 2 Remake Link.

What do you think, why would they take a picture of halo 2’s master chief with i’ts logo and say good news on the way, am I reading to much in to this?

You know, I once read in the news section of the august gameinformer they said that halo 2 anniversary is coming so this wouldn’t surpise me.

> You know, I once read in the news section of the august gameinformer they said that halo 2 anniversary is coming so this wouldn’t surpise me.

Dude… You can’t read into that stuff. Like Frankie stated about CEA… A remake for CE was in the rumor mill for over a year before CEA was actually in production. Halo 2 will be the same. I’ve already seen Halo 2 HD remake mentioned in about 6 magazine within the last year. That’s how they suck people in to keep up with the magazines. It’s just a rumor and you shouldn’t get too excited over it. Either way if 343 was smart they would do something like say… Halo 2 arcade with the launch of the next xbox. Maybe even for free.

How awesome would that be? Everyone that would own the next gen xbox would have Halo 2… I would buy the next xbox for sure on day one just for Halo 2.

> > You know, I once read in the news section of the august gameinformer they said that halo 2 anniversary is coming so this wouldn’t surpise me.
>
> Dude… You can’t read into that stuff. Like Frankie stated about CEA… A remake for CE was in the rumor mill for over a year before CEA was actually in production. Halo 2 will be the same. I’ve already seen Halo 2 HD remake mentioned in about 6 magazine within the last year. That’s how they suck people in to keep up with the magazines. It’s just a rumor and you shouldn’t get too excited over it. Either way if 343 was smart they would do something like say… Halo 2 arcade with the launch of the next xbox. Maybe even for free.
>
>
> How awesome would that be? Everyone that would own the next gen xbox would have Halo 2… I would buy the next xbox for sure on day one just for Halo 2.

Oh I know. I’m just certain it will happen sooner or later.

Well if they remake Halo 2 it creates a problem with Halo 2 Vista achievements. There will be two lists of achievements for the same game.

> Well if they remake Halo 2 it creates a problem with Halo 2 Vista achievements. There will be two lists of achievements for the same game.

In my view, they are not the same game, one’s a poor knockoff at best. So what if 100 people don’t like it? Besides, the achievements do not have to match in any way shape or form. I don’t think MS is concerned in the least about what happens to Vista.

It would be epic but I’m not holding my breath.

> In my view, they are not the same game, <mark>one’s a poor knockoff at best.</mark> So what if 100 people don’t like it? Besides, the achievements do not have to match in any way shape or form. I don’t think MS is concerned in the least about what happens to Vista.

Knockoff? Halo 2 Vista suffered many of the same problems as its console counterpart, it was rushed. That does not make it a poor knock off. It plays the same as the console version, it introduced the first and only map creator in the Halo series, and still runs servers 24/7. It also was the first Halo game to include an achievement list. Halo 2 was a good game and Halo 2 Vista is much of the same game and even more. It would do the PC community some good, if Halo 2 Vista were to be included in the achievement tracker.

Halo 2 Ann. would be out of place for a variety of reasons. Halo CEA was made because it was Halo’s tenth anniversary, well timed marketing strategy for Halo 4, and it included content for Halo reach. Halo 2 anniversary can not offer any of that. Halo 2 turns 10 in 2015, can’t really offer any new story to Halo 5 or 6, and Halo 2 maps being remade have been done way to much.

> > In my view, they are not the same game, <mark>one’s a poor knockoff at best.</mark> So what if 100 people don’t like it? Besides, the achievements do not have to match in any way shape or form. I don’t think MS is concerned in the least about what happens to Vista.
>
> Knockoff? Halo 2 Vista suffered many of the same problems as its console counterpart, it was rushed. That does not make it a poor knock off. It plays the same as the console version, it introduced the first and only map creator in the Halo series, and still runs servers 24/7. It also was the first Halo game to include an achievement list. Halo 2 was a good game and Halo 2 Vista is much of the same game and even more. It would do the PC community some good, if Halo 2 Vista were to be included in the achievement tracker.
>
> Halo 2 Ann. would be out of place for a variety of reasons. Halo CEA was made because it was Halo’s tenth anniversary, well timed marketing strategy for Halo 4, and it included content for Halo reach. Halo 2 anniversary can not offer any of that. Halo 2 turns 10 in 2015, can’t really offer any new story to Halo 5 or 6, and Halo 2 maps being remade have been done way to much.

I kind of agree with this guy, sometimes you just have to let it go. Halo 2 Anniversary might not be as amazing as we’d like to believe.

> > In my view, they are not the same game, <mark>one’s a poor knockoff at best.</mark> So what if 100 people don’t like it? Besides, the achievements do not have to match in any way shape or form. I don’t think MS is concerned in the least about what happens to Vista.
>
> Knockoff? Halo 2 Vista suffered many of the same problems as its console counterpart, it was rushed. That does not make it a poor knock off. It plays the same as the console version, it introduced the first and only map creator in the Halo series, and still runs servers 24/7. It also was the first Halo game to include an achievement list. Halo 2 was a good game and Halo 2 Vista is much of the same game and even more. It would do the PC community some good, if Halo 2 Vista were to be included in the achievement tracker.
>
> Halo 2 Ann. would be out of place for a variety of reasons. Halo CEA was made because it was Halo’s tenth anniversary, well timed marketing strategy for Halo 4, and it included content for Halo reach. Halo 2 anniversary can not offer any of that. Halo 2 turns 10 in 2015, can’t really offer any new story to Halo 5 or 6, and Halo 2 maps being remade have been done way to much.

Nonsense, Vista is crap (that’s why MS ran away from it) and no way an Anniversary would be ‘out of place’. What was out of place was MS celebrating CE when it had nothing to do with the game until they wanted to market it.

H2 should be remade because it is the only halo game not on Live, it’s 10 year anniversary is coming up and at about the same time the 10 year anniversary of the 360 will be happening. Halo 2 made Live come alive and dominate…for Microsoft, millions upon millions of dollars were made (and that would also fit into the 10 year anniversary theme because Live wasn’t Live until H2 came along).

What would be ‘in place’ would be for MS to pay homage (and make millions more at the same time) to the game that knocked down the door in their attempt to enter the online market.

Lol, the H2 maps are done ‘way too much’ because they are great maps and that’s another reason to get H2 back online. It would stop all the phony remakes and give us the real-deal-meal.

To the people that say things like ‘let it die’ or ‘let it go’. Why, what’s the point in that? There were people saying that about CEA and I could make that general statement about any video game more than 6 months old. Let it go to where, a grave? It’s a video game and I want it on my shelf so if I choose to play it on Live, I can, if I want to ‘let it go’ I will…my choice. As a consumer, I demand that. A remake will not diminish my good memories of H2 and if it is not a good remake it will make the old nostalgic memories even better. If it is a good remake it will be fun for all and the memories will also be better. Win win win

As far as your story comment, who cares about the story-line in a remake anyway? It’s the same story as always. To interject that logic as a reason not to remake H2 shows a thin argument.

All I hope is if they do a remake, they do it right with as few changes as possible.

> Nonsense, Vista is crap (that’s why MS ran away from it) and no way an Anniversary would be ‘out of place’. What was out of place was MS celebrating CE when it had nothing to do with the game until they wanted to market it.
>
> H2 should be remade because it is the only halo game not on Live, it’s 10 year anniversary is coming up and at about the same time the 10 year anniversary of the 360 will be happening. Halo 2 made Live come alive and dominate…for Microsoft, millions upon millions of dollars were made (and that would also fit into the 10 year anniversary theme because Live wasn’t Live until H2 came along).
>
> What would be ‘in place’ would be for MS to pay homage (and make millions more at the same time) to the game that knocked down the door in their attempt to enter the online market.
>
> Lol, the H2 maps are done ‘way too much’ because they are great maps and that’s another reason to get H2 back online. It would stop all the phony remakes and give us the real-deal-meal.
>
> To the people that say things like ‘let it die’ or ‘let it go’. Why, what’s the point in that? There were people saying that about CEA and I could make that general statement about any video game more than 6 months old. Let it go to where, a grave? It’s a video game and I want it on my shelf so if I choose to play it on Live, I can, if I want to ‘let it go’ I will…my choice. As a consumer, I demand that. A remake will not diminish my good memories of H2 and if it is not a good remake it will make the old nostalgic memories even better. If it is a good remake it will be fun for all and the memories will also be better. Win win win
>
> As far as your story comment, who cares about the story-line in a remake anyway? It’s the same story as always. To interject that logic as a reason not to remake H2 shows a thin argument.
>
> All I hope is if they do a remake, they do it right with as few changes as possible.

Vista was a highly criticized OS, but does not reflect upon what was offered on it. Halo 2 Vista is capable of running on Windows 7 and is apart of WGFL. Microsoft created and marketed Halo CEA for the fact it was Halo’s tenth Anniversary and it was a great opportunity for 343i to start hype for Halo 4 via terminals.

Halo 2 Ann. at the most would offer online co-op and not a truly full fledged multiplayer experience in order not to divide the Halo community. The Xbox 360 was released one year following Halo 2’s launch, meaning that making Halo 2 Ann. for the fact it is the 360’s 10th anniversary is a bit odd. Halo 2 was a mile stone for xbox live, but it was not launched with Xbox Live. Xbox Live was created in 2002 and had triple A multiplayer games such as SW Battle Front available before Halo 2. Both were fore front games for Xbox Live.

It wouldn’t make sense because there is no reason to remake it. It may not be as profitable as you would imagine. Halo CEA has the smallest units sold out of all the Halo games for the consoles and was sold at a reduced retail price of $40. Halo 2 Ann. would most likely follow that pattern.

Halo 2 maps were great maps back in Halo 2. When you apply Halo Reach’s jetpack to ivory tower or Reach’s current weapons to pinnacle you get a terrible mixture of unbalance. You can’t introduce classic maps with next gen physics it cannot work. The only Halo 2 map that was semi capable of Reach physics was headlong. But in today’s playlist options you can only play team snipers on it.

I agree with you that we should not let Halo 2 simply “die” and be forgotten. I would rather see Halo 2 revived in alternative ways instead of remaking it in an Anniversary edition. For instance including achievement tracker support and inclusion of terminals to Halo 2 Vista would be an ingenious way to rebuild hype for Halo 4 and Halo 2 Vista simultaneously. If it were to be remade it would not be Halo 2. It would be the campaign redone in HD, cutting the multiplayer out to keep Halo 4 the most played Halo game.

If Halo 2 Ann. were to happen it would only be story. There would be nothing else to it besides story. Halo CEA was remade with additional story elements in an effort to aid Halo 4. The same would follow with Halo 2 except that it would be far more difficult to include additional elements to the future Halo trilogy.

a Halo 2 remake doesnt necessarily mean they have to put future Halo content in it. id like to see it made just for the fun i had with online and the campaign. i dont mind all the other bull they put in it. remaking Halo 2 would give me a reason to drop my old Xbox haha

> > Nonsense, Vista is crap (that’s why MS ran away from it) and no way an Anniversary would be ‘out of place’. What was out of place was MS celebrating CE when it had nothing to do with the game until they wanted to market it.
> >
> > H2 should be remade because it is the only halo game not on Live, it’s 10 year anniversary is coming up and at about the same time the 10 year anniversary of the 360 will be happening. Halo 2 made Live come alive and dominate…for Microsoft, millions upon millions of dollars were made (and that would also fit into the 10 year anniversary theme because Live wasn’t Live until H2 came along).
> >
> > What would be ‘in place’ would be for MS to pay homage (and make millions more at the same time) to the game that knocked down the door in their attempt to enter the online market.
> >
> > Lol, the H2 maps are done ‘way too much’ because they are great maps and that’s another reason to get H2 back online. It would stop all the phony remakes and give us the real-deal-meal.
> >
> > To the people that say things like ‘let it die’ or ‘let it go’. Why, what’s the point in that? There were people saying that about CEA and I could make that general statement about any video game more than 6 months old. Let it go to where, a grave? It’s a video game and I want it on my shelf so if I choose to play it on Live, I can, if I want to ‘let it go’ I will…my choice. As a consumer, I demand that. A remake will not diminish my good memories of H2 and if it is not a good remake it will make the old nostalgic memories even better. If it is a good remake it will be fun for all and the memories will also be better. Win win win
> >
> > As far as your story comment, who cares about the story-line in a remake anyway? It’s the same story as always. To interject that logic as a reason not to remake H2 shows a thin argument.
> >
> > All I hope is if they do a remake, they do it right with as few changes as possible.
>
> Vista was a highly criticized OS, but does not reflect upon what was offered on it. Halo 2 Vista is capable of running on Windows 7 and is apart of WGFL. Microsoft created and marketed Halo CEA for the fact it was Halo’s tenth Anniversary and it was a great opportunity for 343i to start hype for Halo 4 via terminals.
>
> Halo 2 Ann. at the most would offer online co-op and not a truly full fledged multiplayer experience in order not to divide the Halo community. The Xbox 360 was released two years following Halo 2’s launch, meaning that making Halo 2 Ann. for the fact it is the 360’s 10th anniversary is a bit odd. Halo 2 was a mile stone for xbox live, but it was not launched with Xbox Live. Xbox Live was created in 2002 and had triple A multiplayer games such as SW Battle Front available before Halo 2. Both were fore front games for Xbox Live.
>
> It wouldn’t make sense because there is no reason to remake it. It may not be as profitable as you would imagine. Halo CEA has the smallest units sold out of all the Halo games for the consoles and was sold at a reduced retail price of $40. Halo 2 Ann. would most likely follow that pattern.
>
> Halo 2 maps were great maps back in Halo 2. When you apply Halo Reach’s jetpack to ivory tower or Reach’s current weapons to pinnacle you get a terrible mixture of unbalance. You can’t introduce classic maps with next gen physics it cannot work. The only Halo 2 map that was semi capable of Reach physics was headlong. But in today’s playlist options you can only play team snipers on it.
>
> I agree with you that we should not let Halo 2 simply “die” and be forgotten. I would rather see Halo 2 revived in alternative ways instead of remaking it in an Anniversary edition. For instance including achievement tracker support and inclusion of terminals to Halo 2 Vista would be an ingenious way to rebuild hype for Halo 4 and Halo 2 Vista simultaneously. If it were to be remade it would not be Halo 2. It would be the campaign redone in HD, cutting the multiplayer out to keep Halo 4 the most played Halo game.
>
> If Halo 2 Ann. were to happen it would only be story. There would be nothing else to it besides story. Halo CEA was remade with additional story elements in an effort to aid Halo 4. The same would follow with Halo 2 except that it would be far more difficult to include additional elements to the future Halo trilogy.

Story? Hell, just release the -Yoink!- game so we can play it on Live again. You are hung up on this ‘story’ bit. It is definitely not a reason for not remaking it.

MS should not have caved-in to the ‘divide the community’ crap. It ruined HCEA for the MP and it would ruin H2A MP. MS needs to get their heads on straight…they’ve already divided the community by giving us crap, if they would give us matchmaking back and online coop and MP the way it was originally intended the community would not be divided at all. All the Live members could simply choose to play one or the other any time they want. Nobody quits Live because they don’t like one game so the divided community thing is a hoax.

What they are afraid of is everyone discovering that the older games are better than the games they are making now. The goal of 343 should instead be to make the new games better than the old games and not be afraid to put out the remade games as they were originally designed.

My remarks about Vista was MP only and Vista is a knockoff simply because it was a copy…a copy is automatically a knockoff. No matchmaking is huge to players that did play back in the day. That and adding online coop are powerful reasons to make H2 available online again.

Why on Earth would we want to have classic maps with next gen physics? Screw that, we don’t need no stinking story and we don’t need no stinking jetpacks, just give us H2 back.

Halo 2, if done correctly, may very well be more profitable than MS’s wildest dreams and there’s only one way to find out.

The 360 launched in Nov of 2005 but was announced in March of 2005. It’s still close enough to the H2 Anniversary to include it in the mega hype they could generate. Everybody I knew on all the websites I went to in those days were going to buy the 360 because of the wild ride H2 was giving us. In my opinion the 360 sold like hotcakes because of H2 and what it was doing for the Live experience.

This is a perfect storm for MS and they should capitalize on it. You are welcome to your opinions on all this but your statement that there’s absolutely no reason to make H2A is false. There are at least as many reasons to make it as there are not to make it.

oops

HELOLOLOLOL

hail harvey!!!

> Story? Hell, just release the -Yoink!- game so we can play it on Live again. You are hung up on this ‘story’ bit. It is definitely not a reason for not remaking it.
>
> MS should not have caved-in to the ‘divide the community’ crap. It ruined HCEA for the MP and it would ruin H2A MP. MS needs to get their heads on straight…they’ve already divided the community by giving us crap, if they would give us matchmaking back and online coop and MP the way it was originally intended the community would not be divided at all. All the Live members could simply choose to play one or the other any time they want. Nobody quits Live because they don’t like one game so the divided community thing is a hoax.
>
> What they are afraid of is everyone discovering that the older games are better than the games they are making now. The goal of 343 should instead be to make the new games better than the old games and not be afraid to put out the remade games as they were originally designed.
>
> My remarks about Vista was MP only and Vista is a knockoff simply because it was a copy…a copy is automatically a knockoff. No matchmaking is huge to players that did play back in the day. That and adding online coop are powerful reasons to make H2 available online again.
>
> Why on Earth would we want to have classic maps with next gen physics? Screw that, we don’t need no stinking story and we don’t need no stinking jetpacks, just give us H2 back.
>
> Halo 2, if done correctly, may very well be more profitable than MS’s wildest dreams and there’s only one way to find out.
>
> The 360 launched in Nov of 2005 but was announced in March of 2005. It’s still close enough to the H2 Anniversary to include it in the mega hype they could generate. Everybody I knew on all the websites I went to in those days were going to buy the 360 because of the wild ride H2 was giving us. In my opinion the 360 sold like hotcakes because of H2 and what it was doing for the Live experience.
>
> This is a perfect storm for MS and they should capitalize on it. You are welcome to your opinions on all this but your statement that there’s absolutely no reason to make H2A is false. There are at least as many reasons to make it as there are not to make it.

Story could be a huge factor in making a remake or not. It gives 343i the opportunity to correct any continuity errors and add new elements to the story. Halo 2 had one of the choppiest stories of all the Halo games, not making it a bad game, but a factor to add in when remaking the game.

A divided community is not a “hoax”, it is a problem for certain gaming franchises. Looking at the call of duty franchise.

There are 5 different Call of Duty games in the top twenty list with large separate populations asking for a variety of things. Each game, fans asks for different things where the only game they will update would be the current game. If prediction goes accordingly the next few CoD games may flop from to much division with the franchise. Unhealthy game population. Now remaking Halo 2 Ann. would not cause that for the Halo series, but it would be a stepping stone towards such a problem. Also I don’t understand what “crap” MS has given the Halo community that would divide it. Sure some pretty annoying map pack prices and play list structure, but what has MS done specifically to divide the Halo community? If anything creating Halo Waypoint pushed all the Halo fans together to discuss in one neatly organized (and occasionally slow) location to promote unity.

Everyone is entitled to decide which Halo game they deem best, but to declare that every new Halo game does not live up to their predecessor is out right fallacious. Halo 2 improved upon Halo CE as Halo 3 improved upon Halo 2 and so on. Halo 2 was an amazing multiplayer experience for it’s time, but as multiplayer developed and became more fine tuned it became obsolete. That is why each core Halo game continues to outsell their predecessor, because the formula adds something new. Multiple problems plagued the multiplayer ecosystem of Halo 2 such as “dud” grenades, the Halo 2 br spread 1.0, and various other problems such as super bounce. In fact the Halo 2’s population post Halo 3 launch was less then that of the people who purchased Halo 2 Vista.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=46372152&postRepeater1-p=1#46414321

The fact is, nobody would still play it, even with an HD graphic overhaul.

If copying the mulitplayer makes it a knockoff then whats the point of remaking Halo 2 in HD if it can only be a knock off? A form of matchmaking exists in Halo 2 Vista with it’s game browser. Servers are running 24/7 for BTB heavies or a variety of other gametypes. If you feel the need to play Halo 2 with other players again then give XBConnect(Thats what it is called right?) a try. It is one of the stickied topics of this forum.

We would have classic maps with next gen physics because of the fact that if there were to be a Halo 2 Ann. they would rip out the multiplayer portion of the actual game itself and add a selection of maps to Halo 4’s multiplayer (Or whatever current Halo game is the multiplayer experience). We won’t get the Halo 2 servers back or a Halo 2 ann. including classic Halo 2 multiplayer because it simply won’t happen. And making a Halo 2 Ann. would not be more profitable then everyone expects it. The population numbers are there and at reduced price it would probably sell under Halo Wars’s record.

What are you talking about? Halo 2 was released in November of 2004, the 360 was released November of 2005. In fact Halo 2 kept the largest population between both the orginal xbox and xbox 360, if anything it hindered xbox 360 sales. Halo 2 was bested by Gears of War and Halo 3 soon after. Halo 2 was not the fore front runner of the 360’s launch.

It may not be the “perfect storm” for MS to capitalize upon as it may seem. This will be my last post regarding this subject in this thread at least, but my statement back there was false. There are reasons to remake and there are reasons not to remake.

> > Story? Hell, just release the -Yoink!- game so we can play it on Live again. You are hung up on this ‘story’ bit. It is definitely not a reason for not remaking it.
> >
> > MS should not have caved-in to the ‘divide the community’ crap. It ruined HCEA for the MP and it would ruin H2A MP. MS needs to get their heads on straight…they’ve already divided the community by giving us crap, if they would give us matchmaking back and online coop and MP the way it was originally intended the community would not be divided at all. All the Live members could simply choose to play one or the other any time they want. Nobody quits Live because they don’t like one game so the divided community thing is a hoax.
> >
> > What they are afraid of is everyone discovering that the older games are better than the games they are making now. The goal of 343 should instead be to make the new games better than the old games and not be afraid to put out the remade games as they were originally designed.
> >
> > My remarks about Vista was MP only and Vista is a knockoff simply because it was a copy…a copy is automatically a knockoff. No matchmaking is huge to players that did play back in the day. That and adding online coop are powerful reasons to make H2 available online again.
> >
> > Why on Earth would we want to have classic maps with next gen physics? Screw that, we don’t need no stinking story and we don’t need no stinking jetpacks, just give us H2 back.
> >
> > Halo 2, if done correctly, may very well be more profitable than MS’s wildest dreams and there’s only one way to find out.
> >
> > <mark>The 360 launched in</mark> <mark>Nov of 2005</mark> but was announced in March of 2005. It’s still close enough to the H2 Anniversary to include it in the mega hype they could generate. Everybody I knew on all the websites I went to in those days were going to buy the 360 because of the wild ride H2 was giving us. In my opinion the 360 sold like hotcakes because of H2 and what it was doing for the Live experience.
> >
> > This is a perfect storm for MS and they should capitalize on it. You are welcome to your opinions on all this but your statement that there’s absolutely no reason to make H2A is false. There are at least as many reasons to make it as there are not to make it.
>
> Story could be a huge factor in making a remake or not. It gives 343i the opportunity to correct any continuity errors and add new elements to the story. Halo 2 had one of the choppiest stories of all the Halo games, not making it a bad game, but a factor to add in when remaking the game.
>
> A divided community is not a “hoax”, it is a problem for certain gaming franchises. Looking at the call of duty franchise.
>
> http://majornelson.com/2012/08/22/live-activity-for-week-of-august-13/
>
> There are 5 different Call of Duty games in the top twenty list with large separate populations asking for a variety of things. Each game, fans asks for different things where the only game they will update would be the current game. If prediction goes accordingly the next few CoD games may flop from to much division with the franchise. Unhealthy game population. Now remaking Halo 2 Ann. would not cause that for the Halo series, but it would be a stepping stone towards such a problem. Also I don’t understand what “crap” MS has given the Halo community that would divide it. Sure some pretty annoying map pack prices and play list structure, but what has MS done specifically to divide the Halo community? If anything creating Halo Waypoint pushed all the Halo fans together to discuss in one neatly organized (and occasionally slow) location to promote unity.
>
> Everyone is entitled to decide which Halo game they deem best, but to declare that every new Halo game does not live up to their predecessor is out right fallacious. Halo 2 improved upon Halo CE as Halo 3 improved upon Halo 2 and so on. Halo 2 was an amazing multiplayer experience for it’s time, but as multiplayer developed and became more fine tuned it became obsolete. That is why each core Halo game continues to outsell their predecessor, because the formula adds something new. Multiple problems plagued the multiplayer ecosystem of Halo 2 such as “dud” grenades, the Halo 2 br spread 1.0, and various other problems such as super bounce. In fact the Halo 2’s population post Halo 3 launch was less then that of the people who purchased Halo 2 Vista.
>
> http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=46372152&postRepeater1-p=1#46414321
>
> The fact is, nobody would still play it, even with an HD graphic overhaul.
>
> If copying the mulitplayer makes it a knockoff then whats the point of remaking Halo 2 in HD if it can only be a knock off? A form of matchmaking exists in Halo 2 Vista with it’s game browser. Servers are running 24/7 for BTB heavies or a variety of other gametypes. If you feel the need to play Halo 2 with other players again then give XBConnect(Thats what it is called right?) a try. It is one of the stickied topics of this forum.
>
> We would have classic maps with next gen physics because of the fact that if there were to be a Halo 2 Ann. they would rip out the multiplayer portion of the actual game itself and add a selection of maps to Halo 4’s multiplayer (Or whatever current Halo game is the multiplayer experience). We won’t get the Halo 2 servers back or a Halo 2 ann. including classic Halo 2 multiplayer because it simply won’t happen. And making a Halo 2 Ann. would not be more profitable then everyone expects it. The population numbers are there and at reduced price it would probably sell under Halo Wars’s record.
>
> What are you talking about? Halo 2 was released in <mark>November of 2004</mark>, the 360 was released <mark>November of 2005</mark>. In fact Halo 2 kept the largest population between both the orginal xbox and xbox 360, if anything it hindered xbox 360 sales. Halo 2 was bested by Gears of War and Halo 3 soon after. Halo 2 was not the fore front runner of the 360’s launch.
>
> It may not be the “perfect storm” for MS to capitalize upon as it may seem. This will be my last post regarding this subject in this thread at least, but my statement back there was false. There are reasons to remake and there are reasons not to remake.

I could care less about other gaming communities, I was talking about Halo and the ‘divided community’ thing is correct but the community got divided when they took down H2. Give us the original Halo 2 and there will be no division whatsoever, all wounds would automatically be healed and the ‘divided community’ thing would be found to be nonexistent.

There you go with that story crap, useless nonsense in this case because the story should be the same as always.

I want you to point out exactly where I declared that every new Halo game does not live up to their predecessor, find that or stop making false claims about me and then you dare to call me fallacious. Find my exact quote or shut up about it.

You’ve digressed to rambling paragraphs, especially the part about ‘if anything it (H2) hindered xbox 360 sales’.

By the way, Halo 2 (Nov. 2004) was played on the 360 (Nov. 2005) for a year before Gears (Nov. 2006) came out and it was another year or so before they overtook H2 in sales…so up to that point H2 was indeed at the forefront of online gaming.

If you don’t like H2, don’t buy it.

There will be one remade not to worry folks they have to make one because it’s the only Halo game offline and not available in the marketplace. We also got hints, one is huge hint. Just play Combat Evolved Anniversary and see what I mean. Check the maps too. Notice anything? I’ll give you hints.

Check your CEA maps! Hint 1

Hint 2

Result: Halo 2 remake on the way

> There will be one remade not to worry folks they have to make one because it’s the only Halo game offline and not available in the marketplace. We also got hints, one is huge hint. Just play Combat Evolved Anniversary and see what I mean. Check the maps too. Notice anything? I’ll give you hints.
>
> Check your CEA maps! Hint 1
>
> Hint 2
>
> Result: Halo 2 remake on the way

I don’t understand Hint 1.