Halo 2 Remake/Anniversary [Read Then Vote]

Hey y’all, Vampyre0422 here! Ok, I absolutely LOVE what is being done with Halo 4. As do a few other people. I support what 343i is doing with their game. How-some-ever. There is ONE thing I do wish for in the future. And its only relation to halo 4 would be the multiplayer.

A Halo 2 Remake. I absolutely loved Halo 2. And now that my Xbox wont read my halo 2 disc, I miss it even more. Am I the only one that thinks that halo 2 would mesh well with H4’s new U.I.? (Shield and no health system, BR, 3 types of nades, etc)

I would love to see Halo 2 come back not only for its Multiplayer-U.I.-compatibility with halo 4. But also its maps (coughZanzibarcough) And its Story (The Chief/Arbiter split story)

Don’t get me wrong, I love the new stuff from Halo 4. But I thought since they did Halo CEA and its multiplayer U.I. meshed well with reach’s, that they could do a Halo 2 remake with a H4 compatible multiplayer. It just feels incomplete to not have Halo 2 getting the respect it deserves and to not have all halo games on the 360.

I understand lack of duel wielding will make it kind of weird, but I would like to see Standard Slayer, Infinity Slayer, and H2 Anniversary slayer (and of course BTB, Invasion, and objective versions of these) on H2 maps in halo 4. and who knows? maybe duel wielding can be some how implemented in H2 classic U.I.?

Opinions?

Vote.

Discuss!

See Y’all starside!

Wrong forum, man. This should go in Halo 2, not Halo 4.

I agree. Halo 2 NEEDS the Anniversary treatment (with Campaign theater). 9 or so Halo 2 maps for Halo 4 would be very nice.

Wrong section my friend

> Wrong forum, man. This should go in Halo 2, not Halo 4.

I would normally agree. But this was mostly about multiplayer U.I. compatibility. so i felt it best fit in H4 forums.

bring back these in a 6 map pack
-Zanzibar
-Lockout
-Relic
-Terminal
-Turf
-Containment

EDIT: not the wrong forum, this is basically talking about a possible map pack for halo 4

> I would normally agree. But this was mostly about multiplayer U.I. compatibility. so i felt it best fit in H4 forums.

Right, but Halo Anniversary goes in the Halo Anniversary section, even though it uses the Reach UI.

I will, though, weigh in on the relevant topic: I neither want nor expect a Halo 2 remake. Even if we did get one, it would probably be closer to Anniversary in that it just has the Halo 4 multiplayer with some new maps, and then the story mode with a facelift. And frankly, we don’t need either. I’d like to see the Halo 2 campaign released on XBLA, just because my Halo 2 disc has that screen-ghosting issue and finding a replacement has proven irritating, but I want to see it released as-is.

Honestly, I didn’t like the idea of doing the Anniversary version of Halo Classic, either. It still played fine and the graphics, while old, weren’t so terrible that they affected playability.

> bring back these in a 6 map pack
> -Zanzibar
> -Lockout
> -Relic
> -Terminal
> -Turf
> -Containment
>
> EDIT: not the wrong forum, this is basically talking about a possible map pack for halo 4

Zanzibar and Lockout have already been remade, and Lockout at least is simple to make in Forge. Bring back District!

To be honest, not until next gen, the graphics aren’t that bad, only a notch below H3, the campaign doesn’t really need to be remade you can go replay that when ever you want, as for multiplayer, i agree, but you can still play Halo 2 multiplayer on PC, or even on the Xbox 360 if you download Xbox Connect (Highly recommend this, brings back so many memories, and it actually works)

> Wrong section my friend

Maybe im not sure …

> > bring back these in a 6 map pack
> > -Zanzibar
> > -Lockout
> > -Relic
> > -Terminal
> > -Turf
> > -Containment
> >
> > EDIT: not the wrong forum, this is basically talking about a possible map pack for halo 4
>
> Zanzibar and Lockout have already been remade, and Lockout at least is simple to make in Forge. Bring back District!

who cares man theyre amazing maps and deserve to be remade. i havent played district though :frowning:

> To be honest, not until next gen, the graphics aren’t that bad, only a notch below H3, the campaign doesn’t really need to be remade you can go replay that when ever you want, as for multiplayer, i agree, but you can still play Halo 2 multiplayer on PC, or even on the Xbox 360 if you download Xbox Connect (Highly recommend this, brings back so many memories, and it actually works)

they could just release a DLC map pack with a playlist to go with it

> > To be honest, not until next gen, the graphics aren’t that bad, only a notch below H3, the campaign doesn’t really need to be remade you can go replay that when ever you want, as for multiplayer, i agree, but you can still play Halo 2 multiplayer on PC, or even on the Xbox 360 if you download Xbox Connect (Highly recommend this, brings back so many memories, and it actually works)
>
> they could just release a DLC map pack with a playlist to go with it

Great idea, although i really don’t like this discussion of remaking old maps, to be honest they need to design and make new ones, the old ones were so good we want to see them again, hopefully they can produce some of them sorta maps in Halo 4.

The poll options are ridiculous. I didn’t choose any. I LOVED Halo 2, but I rather 343i not force a remake out of a game and focus on halo 5, any merchandise, and the main storyline. Seeing as the halos are only 3 years apart, it’d be dumb to remake Halo 2. I’d rather just wait til 2021 for it instead of 2014. This is how quickly games would come out if we were counting remakes and the reclaimer trilogy.

Halo 4: 2012
Halo 2: 2014
Halo 5: 2015
Halo 3: 2017
Halo 6: 2018

It just wouldn’t look good and would take away well deserved development time from the rest of the series. Even though 343i is working with microsoft, they have to be as prepared as possible for the next gen xbox. It took nearly 5 years of development on Halo 4 to push the 360 to its limit and add in interesting features while having to remove some.

> > > To be honest, not until next gen, the graphics aren’t that bad, only a notch below H3, the campaign doesn’t really need to be remade you can go replay that when ever you want, as for multiplayer, i agree, but you can still play Halo 2 multiplayer on PC, or even on the Xbox 360 if you download Xbox Connect (Highly recommend this, brings back so many memories, and it actually works)
> >
> > they could just release a DLC map pack with a playlist to go with it
>
> Great idea, although i really don’t like this discussion of remaking old maps, to be honest they need to design and make new ones, the old ones were so good we want to see them again, hopefully they can produce some of them sorta maps in Halo 4.

well one remake to me out of 10 launch maps is a great set. 9 new maps, a remake, and 3 forge maps. that to me is great. the 3 first dlc packs should be all new maps, and then they should release a remake map pack for halo 2 after those 3 packs

> The poll options are ridiculous. I didn’t choose any. I LOVED Halo 2, but I rather 343i not force a remake out of a game and focus on halo 5, any merchandise, and the main storyline. Seeing as the halos are only 3 years apart, it’d be dumb to remake Halo 2. I’d rather just wait til 2021 for it instead of 2014. This is how quickly games would come out if we were counting remakes and the reclaimer trilogy.
>
> Halo 4: 2012
> Halo 2: 2014
> Halo 5: 2015
> Halo 3: 2017
> Halo 6: 2018
>
> It just wouldn’t look good and would take away well deserved development time from the rest of the series. Even though 343i is working with microsoft, they have to be as prepared as possible for the next gen xbox. It took nearly 5 years of development on Halo 4 to push the 360 to its limit and add in interesting features while having to remove some.

they wont remake halo 3. halo ce and halo 2 are original xbox titles, thats why they should be remade (plus you cant play them online)

> To be honest, not until next gen, the graphics aren’t that bad, only a notch below H3, <mark>the campaign doesn’t really need to be remade you can go replay that when ever you want</mark>

My xbox wont read my H2 disc.

> as for multiplayer, i agree, but you can still play Halo 2 multiplayer on PC, or even on the Xbox 360 if you download Xbox Connect (Highly recommend this, brings back so many memories, and it actually works)

Dont own a macbook and MM has been disabled on H2 for a number of years now.

can this please be moved back to halo 4? its more about the MM relationship than the actual story.

I’d never buy what you describe.

I’d only get Halo 2 anniversary if the MP game-play was unchanged from the Xbox Original Halo 2 and it was returned to XBL.

Vista actually had game-play elements from Halo 3 which I disliked and so I never purchased it.

I think your describing your want for Halo 4 content… As a Halo 2 fan and not a Halo 4 fan I wouldn’t want a mix of the two or for Halo 2 inspired maps and content to be released as additions to the Halo 4 game.

Halo 2 should be released as it was back in 2004 (MP and Campaign) with some added content to campaign(co-op online, possibly improved graphics, more skulls, the golden warthog, possibly a new level that was taken out before,etc) and MP (12v12 BTB, more maps, fuel rod gun in some game types, something to stop stand byers, possibly a map editor, possibly a recording ability, etc) but no changes to the game-play.

I’ve always been staunchly against a Halo 2 remake, which doesn’t buy me a lot of friends here on the Halo 2 forum, but it’s still my view. CE was remade because it was a classic and launched the Xbox experience (yes, I know Halo 2 was instrumental to XBL, but that doesn’t compare to launching the actual system.). Halo 2, while amazing, should not be remade IMO.