Halo 2 PC - Current situation

I’ve always wanted to get Halo 2(PC) on my gamertag, but always put it off because I never used PCs for gaming. I still want to get it, but I know that there are a few issues with the game.

• Where can I get a working copy of Halo 2 (PC) that will actually work. I’ve read reviews saying that because the game is not supported anymore, the product keys are never valid.
  • What is the situation with the servers? Can you still get the multiplayer achievements?

Thanks

Hmm, I bought my copy of Halo 2 Vista back in 2011, and it was already an old game then. If you can find any store that carried it physical I’m pretty sure the activation key will work. Otherwise, you might have to find illegitimate ways of acquiring one. As far as servers are concerned I am under the impression that online still functions, but I do not know if anyone is hosting any servers anymore.

i got a physical copy in 2012 so its still being sold

Thanks for the replies. I was under the impression that the servers are down, but I haven’t seen confirmation anywhere that you can still get the online achievements.

> 2533274912044273;4:
> Thanks for the replies. I was under the impression that the servers are down, but I haven’t seen confirmation anywhere that you can still get the online achievements.

I can probably find a source, the Windows Live client is still being supported as far as I am aware. Achievements should still be working.

Source within a sourceI hate to advertise my own thread, but scroll through my OP, and you can see it a quote block. GFWL will continue to be supported.

> 2717573882290912;5:
> > 2533274912044273;4:
> > Thanks for the replies. I was under the impression that the servers are down, but I haven’t seen confirmation anywhere that you can still get the online achievements.
>
>
> I can probably find a source, the Windows Live client is still being supported as far as I am aware. Achievements should still be working.
>
> Source within a sourceI hate to advertise my own thread, but scroll through my OP, and you can see it a quote block. GFWL will continue to be supported.

Great, thanks! I actually just purchased a factory new copy, so I’ll report back with my findings for future reference.

So, has everything gone well? I’m also interested in Halo 2 Vista.

> 2533275075442884;7:
> So, has everything gone well? I’m also interested in Halo 2 Vista.

The game hasn’t arrived yet. I’ll report back here with my findings when it does.

Not worth it, barely anyone plays it now.

allot of people still play Vista.

> 2533274870094636;9:
> Not worth it, barely anyone plays it now.

You missed the point. I asked whether the servers were still up and running. I’m not looking to buy it for fun, I want it for the achievements. If I want to play it for fun I’ll boot up the MCC.

I cant find any matches for halo 2 on pc

From what I understand the game just doesn’t connect to the servers anymore. Don’t know what that means for linking it to your gamertag, and I have yet to reinstall it on my new laptop to find out.

Alright, so I finally received the copy. After a painful setup, it did work and the product key was accepted. I managed to link it to my gamertag too, so you can still earn achievements. I must say the setup was really irritating, but it did get there eventually. You can’t find any online matches (no surprise) but I’m not sure about the personal dedicated servers. I looked on Amazon again just now, and the reviews are all negative, stating that the key doesn’t work. So, if any one is interested in getting this, I’d probably consider getting a brand new copy if possible. Wasn’t cheap though. I paid £35 for mine. Oh and it does run on windows 10.

Wow I thought the servers were not in service anymore. I guess not. Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

The multiplayer servers seem to be down, which means you can’t currently get the online achievements, but windows live still works so you can play campaign and earn those achievements.