Halo 2 Metropolis bug

I know I should “Submit a ticket”, but I can’t find that button so i might as well post it here until they add that feature to halo support.
anyways, i wanted to report about a bug in Halo 2… Specifically on Metropolis where the 2 wraiths spawn. I was playing on heroic and found a rocket launcher when I decided to take a shortcut around the wraiths cause i needed the firepower. I shot 1 wraith with 6 rockets, the entire wraith was destroyed but it was still moving, so i reloaded my checkpoint and tried the second wraith… Same exact thing unsurprisingly. It seems that the port made those wraiths invincible compared to all the other ones, maybe the people who ported halo 2 forgot that there’s a shortcut to a Rocket launcher or they forgot to add a driver or remove their invincibility?

if any one from 343 sees this, can you please put this on a ticket since i don’t have the option to send one on the support site.

On the Support site:
go to the Global Known Issues article, scroll down and you’ll find a link to submit a ticket just below the bit that asks whether the article was helpful.

click the big ‘Halo Support’ button and click the ‘How to Submit a Halo Support Ticket’ item. There’s a link in that article too (just below the bit that asks whether the article was helpful).

> 2533274918457090;2:
> On the Support site:
> go to the Global Known Issues article, scroll down and you’ll find a link to submit a ticket just below the bit that asks whether the article was helpful.
>
> click the big ‘Halo Support’ button and click the ‘How to Submit a Halo Support Ticket’ item. There’s a link in that article too (just below the bit that asks whether the article was helpful).

I’m a mobile user, I don’t see that where it should be… it probably needs to be updated or fixed.

> 2535454823496764;3:
> > 2533274918457090;2:
> > On the Support site:
> > go to the Global Known Issues article, scroll down and you’ll find a link to submit a ticket just below the bit that asks whether the article was helpful.
> >
> > click the big ‘Halo Support’ button and click the ‘How to Submit a Halo Support Ticket’ item. There’s a link in that article too (just below the bit that asks whether the article was helpful).
>
> I’m a mobile user, I don’t see that where it should be… it probably needs to be updated or fixed.

https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036218972-How-to-Submit-a-Halo-Support-TicketYou’re probably just overlooking it. I can see it on mobile.

Make sure you are signed in first before trying to submit a new ticket