Halo 2 Map Pack Question

Hi, I’m kind of new to Halo and I’m getting a Xbox original.
I want to get the Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack but, do they still make them?
I know that you can still buy Halo CE and Halo 2 new but, I don’t think you can get this new.
I’m afraid of buying a used one off of eBay because, I think that if the Map Pack is scratched up, it might make the game play glitchy.
Would a few scratches mess it up too much?
Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

P.S. I tried looking this up online and I searched the forum but, I could not find what I was looking for. :slight_smile:

Edit: I’ve checked and I don’t think I can get one at GameStop.

The map pack disk installs on your HDD you don’t play Halo 2 with the disk so as long as it works and adds the maps to your HDD they should not be glitchy when you play on them.

But just so you know not all the maps are on that disk the Blastacular map pack is not they were released in 2007 the maps names are Tombstone and Desolation.

Hope this helps answer your your questions. :slight_smile:

> The map pack disk installs on your HDD you don’t play Halo 2 with the disk so as long as it works and adds the maps to your HDD they should not be glitchy when you play on them.
>
> But just so you know not all the maps are on that disk the Blastacular map pack is not they were released in 2007 the maps names are Tombstone and Desolation.
>
> Hope this helps answer your your questions. :slight_smile:

Thanks, this is very helpful. :slight_smile:
Can I still get those two maps somehow?
Like, buying a memory card off of eBay with them on it or something?

EDIT: I was thinking about it, since you can buy a disc to put the first three Map Packs on your Xbox, maybe you can buy a unofficial disc to put them on your Xbox.
Does anybody have any idea if people sell discs like this?
If so, would I have to pay a lot?
If I do, I might just skip it.

Well, if it’s scratched it will definitely effect gameplay, I suggest you get a new one.

> Well, if it’s scratched it will definitely effect gameplay, I suggest you get a new one.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Is a new one worth $30?
Or can I find a new one for less?
Thanks again. :slight_smile:

An original Halo 2 copy is worth around the 20 bucks limit, and that is if your’re lucky enough to find a new one. A used copy is 15 bucks or less. If you are talking about H3 then yeah 20 bucks is a great deal, but new is usually about almost 30 bucks tops since Reach is still 40 bucks at GameStop.

> > The map pack disk installs on your HDD you don’t play Halo 2 with the disk so as long as it works and adds the maps to your HDD they should not be glitchy when you play on them.
> >
> > But just so you know not all the maps are on that disk the Blastacular map pack is not they were released in 2007 the maps names are Tombstone and Desolation.
> >
> > Hope this helps answer your your questions. :slight_smile:
>
> Thanks, this is very helpful. :slight_smile:
> Can I still get those two maps somehow?
> Like, buying a memory card off of eBay with them on it or something?
>
> EDIT: I was thinking about it, since you can buy a disc to put the first three Map Packs on your Xbox, maybe you can buy a unofficial disc to put them on your Xbox.
> Does anybody have any idea if people sell discs like this?
> If so, would I have to pay a lot?
> If I do, I might just skip it.
> Thanks :slight_smile:

You cannot buy an unofficial disc that puts the maps on your xbox, it’s just not possible. The only way you can get those maps is to mod your xbox and transfer the files over from your pc.

> An original Halo 2 copy is worth around the 20 bucks limit, and that is if your’re lucky enough to find a new one. A used copy is 15 bucks or less. If you are talking about H3 then yeah 20 bucks is a great deal, but new is usually about almost 30 bucks tops since Reach is still 40 bucks at GameStop.

Best Buy has new copes of Halo 2 for $10.
How much is a Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack worth?

> > Well, if it’s scratched it will definitely effect gameplay, I suggest you get a new one.
>
> Thanks. :slight_smile:
>
> EDIT: Is a new one worth $30?
> Or can I find a new one for less?
> Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Like I said if it installs on your HDD the maps should work fine.

But that being said you can buy new ones staring at $20 at Amazon under “More Buying Choices” And get used ones for $10 or less even a used one sold by Amazon so if it does not work they are good at refunding stuff.

Look at the Seller Rating before you buy to see how good they are so you don’t get a bad seller that just takes your money.

Hope this better answers your questions.

> > > The map pack disk installs on your HDD you don’t play Halo 2 with the disk so as long as it works and adds the maps to your HDD they should not be glitchy when you play on them.
> > >
> > > But just so you know not all the maps are on that disk the Blastacular map pack is not they were released in 2007 the maps names are Tombstone and Desolation.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps answer your your questions. :slight_smile:
> >
> > Thanks, this is very helpful. :slight_smile:
> > Can I still get those two maps somehow?
> > Like, buying a memory card off of eBay with them on it or something?
> >
> > EDIT: I was thinking about it, since you can buy a disc to put the first three Map Packs on your Xbox, maybe you can buy a unofficial disc to put them on your Xbox.
> > Does anybody have any idea if people sell discs like this?
> > If so, would I have to pay a lot?
> > If I do, I might just skip it.
> > Thanks :slight_smile:
>
> You cannot buy an unofficial disc that puts the maps on your xbox, it’s just not possible. The only way you can get those maps is to mod your xbox and transfer the files over from your pc.

> > > Well, if it’s scratched it will definitely effect gameplay, I suggest you get a new one.
> >
> > Thanks. :slight_smile:
> >
> > EDIT: Is a new one worth $30?
> > Or can I find a new one for less?
> > Thanks again. :slight_smile:
>
> Like I said if it installs on your HDD the maps should work fine.
>
> But that being said you can buy new ones staring at $20 at Amazon under “More Buying Choices” And get used ones for $10 or less even a used one sold by Amazon so if it does not work they are good at refunding stuff.
>
> Look at the Seller Rating before you buy to see how good they are so you don’t get a bad seller that just takes your money.
>
> Hope this better answers your questions.

Thank you. :slight_smile:
This answers my question.