Halo 2 - Live stats: not available

Does anyone else have the same issue?

I start the game, login to LIVE works, however the Live stats show as unavailable and no servers get found.

See images:

http://piccy.info/view3/6066072/bd396d4054f16482e35dc9b29cbd6c30/orig/

http://piccy.info/view3/6066077/73c23766ad28e98669de69df6d0c0a86/orig/

http://piccy.info/view3/6066110/a40369b4bc7aa47566b6fe0f468b03de/orig/

Didn’t know this game was still supported. I know a lot of the games that run on Games for Windows live are slowly shutting down their online services, since Games for Windows Live ceases in the next few months.

Hi, Mrsashko, Nice to meet you outside the battlefield.
With the Halo 2 servers, I had the same problem, other players and friends say the same, that doesn’t serve the connection and maybe the server is dead. We can only wait for news.

> Hi, Mrsashko, Nice to meet you outside the battlefield.
> With the Halo 2 servers, I had the same problem, other players and friends say the same, that doesn’t serve the connection and maybe the server is dead. We can only wait for news.

The servers were taken down long ago. There MAY be a way to play using the dedicated server program that comes with the disc and allow you to host while others can join.

Edit: After 2 hours of screwing around with Installing Halo 2 Vista and the Dedicated Server, I finally got a lobby up and running from the “example” playlist selection. I believe if you go to Browse Games in the lobby, you SHOULD be able to see my server up. If so, try it and let me know if it works. I’m going to let it run until 11:59PM CST today, so give me some feedback if people actually play.

> The servers were taken down long ago. There MAY be a way to play using the dedicated server program that comes with the disc and allow you to host while others can join.

Normal Live server - maybe. At least from searching around I have found that they were taken down in summer 2013.
However, Live support (what i’m showing here halo1 - 1260x768 ) was still working until approximately last Thursday March 13, 2014.

> Edit: After 2 hours of screwing around with Installing Halo 2 Vista and the Dedicated Server, I finally got a lobby up and running from the “example” playlist selection. I believe if you go to Browse Games in the lobby, you SHOULD be able to see my server up. If so, try it and let me know if it works. I’m going to let it run until 11:59PM CST today, so give me some feedback if people actually play.

Your server was not found. I was able to find other dedicated servers before, in fact there were a bunch of them before March 13th.

From what I understand, Live was just a central “directory” of dedicated servers. When you start the game and connect to Live server, Live would give the game a list of servers that are online. Now that Live is not online, those dedicated servers are not visible.

We are currently investigating this issue and will provide updates as they become available.

I would to give us an answer soon to know what happened to the game servers. Thanks Forum Team.

Servers are back, Let’s play again

Is anyone else still unable to access the servers are you back up and going?

Confirmed - it is back and running

(not all servers are there, but Live is running as supposed to)