Halo 2 Legendary

Hey guys, I’m currently on my Legendary play-through of Halo 2 for MCC. I found the easiest way for myself to get through the levels is to use some of the speedrunning techniques but slowing them down to the point where a noob to the speedrunning community can handle it. I have two missions left, The Oracle and Gravemind. I’ve been putting The Oracle off because it is one of the longer missions in the speedrun and I hate doing the damn elevator. Now for Gravemind, I’ve spent a good 3-4 hours over the past few days trying to make it out of the first room. I just can’t seem to get the wave skipping trick to work. I was wondering if you guys had any tips for myself or others attempting Halo 2 Legendary?

> 2533274848552064;1:
> Hey guys, I’m currently on my Legendary play-through of Halo 2 for MCC. I found the easiest way for myself to get through the levels is to use some of the speedrunning techniques but slowing them down to the point where a noob to the speedrunning community can handle it. I have two missions left, The Oracle and Gravemind. I’ve been putting The Oracle off because it is one of the longer missions in the speedrun and I hate doing the damn elevator. Now for Gravemind, I’ve spent a good 3-4 hours over the past few days trying to make it out of the first room. I just can’t seem to get the wave skipping trick to work. I was wondering if you guys had any tips for myself or others attempting Halo 2 Legendary?

That first room of the Gravemind without the wave skipping technique is quite the hassle on Legendary. If you can’t get it to work try and make your way up to the “stadium” seating and try to pick off enemies from there.

I’ll give it a shot. I don’t think it will be too effective due to the fact I only have access to needler and plasma rifle at the time but I can give it a shot.

get a carbine and shoot them at the center of their chest, for elite like flood. you can take out flood relatively easy if you stick to long range shots. just know where to hit him and it should be one hit kills

I can’t even get to the flood part of the mission lol. I’m stuck in the damn first room.

There are no flood on the Gravemind level. The first room is just all about getting the Carbine. Use the needlers until you get a Carbine. Then Survive and don’t waste ammo.

As for tips, I can’t say I’ve ever just cheated or skipped any portion of any of the Halo’s on Legendary but what I can offer is that in the level Gravemind. Keeping the Marine’s alive will help you so very much. As well since there’s a load of beam rifles in that level. I’d say restart checkpoint everytime you lose one. You don’t have to keep them alive through the whole level. I often encounter glitches where they just won’t move forward anymore.

> 2533274848552064;5:
> I can’t even get to the flood part of the mission lol. I’m stuck in the damn first room.

Lol, same man.

> 2535406277799296;4:
> get a carbine and shoot them at the center of their chest, for elite like flood. you can take out flood relatively easy if you stick to long range shots. just know where to hit him and it should be one hit kills

Used the same tactic,worked for me but I was playing on Heroic.

As far as I now Gravemind is the hardest mission in Halo history.