Halo 2 Legendary missions UNPLAYED bug.

So me and my friend are playing Halo 2 Anniversary on Legendary in his lobby (he’s the host). When we first played Cairo Station and beat it, I noticed that I hadn’t gotten the achievement for completing it yet my friend did. So we played it again, but the same result happened. After many retries, we switched roles and he joined my lobby instead. So when we played it in my lobby I got the achievement. Then we played the second mission and I got the achievement for it but my friend didn’t!
So we figured that for some reason the game does not recognize that you played a mission if you’re not the host, and the missions co-op status remain “Unplayed”.
This is so frustrating since we have to play the campaign on legendary TWICE in order for the progress to register and to get the achievements, and Halo 2’s Legendary campaign is literal torture.

> 2533274913874596;1:
> So me and my friend are playing Halo 2 Anniversary on Legendary in his lobby (he’s the host). When we first played Cairo Station and beat it, I noticed that I hadn’t gotten the achievement for completing it yet my friend did. So we played it again, but the same result happened. After many retries, we switched roles and he joined my lobby instead. So when we played it in my lobby I got the achievement. Then we played the second mission and I got the achievement for it but my friend didn’t!
> So we figured that for some reason the game does not recognize that you played a mission if you’re not the host, and the missions co-op status remain “Unplayed”.
> This is so frustrating since we have to play the campaign on legendary TWICE in order for the progress to register and to get the achievements, and Halo 2’s Legendary campaign is literal torture.

Note: We’re playing MCC on PC.

Make sure and file a bug report about this on the Halo Support site: https://aka.ms/HaloSupport

Be sure to read over the known issues list first before reporting

> 2533274913874596;1:
> So me and my friend are playing Halo 2 Anniversary on Legendary in his lobby (he’s the host). When we first played Cairo Station and beat it, I noticed that I hadn’t gotten the achievement for completing it yet my friend did. So we played it again, but the same result happened. After many retries, we switched roles and he joined my lobby instead. So when we played it in my lobby I got the achievement. Then we played the second mission and I got the achievement for it but my friend didn’t!
> So we figured that for some reason the game does not recognize that you played a mission if you’re not the host, and the missions co-op status remain “Unplayed”.
> This is so frustrating since we have to play the campaign on legendary TWICE in order for the progress to register and to get the achievements, and Halo 2’s Legendary campaign is literal torture.

Having the same issue on MCC Xbox One. I’ve submitted a ticket as well.

> 2533274810407863;4:
> > 2533274913874596;1:
> > So me and my friend are playing Halo 2 Anniversary on Legendary in his lobby (he’s the host). When we first played Cairo Station and beat it, I noticed that I hadn’t gotten the achievement for completing it yet my friend did. So we played it again, but the same result happened. After many retries, we switched roles and he joined my lobby instead. So when we played it in my lobby I got the achievement. Then we played the second mission and I got the achievement for it but my friend didn’t!
> > So we figured that for some reason the game does not recognize that you played a mission if you’re not the host, and the missions co-op status remain “Unplayed”.
> > This is so frustrating since we have to play the campaign on legendary TWICE in order for the progress to register and to get the achievements, and Halo 2’s Legendary campaign is literal torture.
>
> Having the same issue on MCC Xbox One. I’ve submitted a ticket as well.

They responded to the report but I’m still waiting for an actual fix for the issue. It has been a week since I posted and I have a feeling this will take a long time.