Halo 2 is unplayable while online coop, constant connection issues

Playing online coop in some H2 levels is causing a random Connection Lost or Interrupted Connection screen:

• The outskirts - Managed to complete it but we lost connection once
  • Metropolis - Absolutely unplayable, sometimes we lose connection a few minutes after starting the mission, we had to play splitscreen
  • Delta Halo - Only happened once but we gave up.

AFAIK, this problem has been known for months but its still not patched. We managed to complete Halo CE with zero issues

I cant understand this: i played Halo 2 a few years ago with a friend from another country with no issues, not a single crash but in 2022 is unplayable.

2 Likes

Also, this problem happens no matter the platform: we tried playing the Steam version but also the Series S version, it always crashes.

1 Like

Pretty sure this has been ongoing for years?

Agreed, its completely unacceptable and SHOULD be a priority from 343. But here we are.

2 Likes

I mean, H2 coop online always had a lot of issues on the MCC, but i have played it a lot of times without this specific issue that im talking about RN. Maybe i was just lucky before.

1 Like

Quick example - Delta Halo, try not killing the ghosts before the bridge. Several of the ghost explosions are known to crash Co-Op.

2 Likes

That is amazing in a certain way.

1 Like

Yeah this should be a priority, my mate & I were running Quarantine Zone on Legendary, after 20 deaths we got towards the end & we got hit with a black Screen & sent to the Menu with Connection Lost popping up the screen

1 Like

I guess we should just complete it splitscreen and thats it then.

IDK how to edit messages lol, but i filled a ticket, im sure they already know about this but heh, lets give it a try.