Halo 2 is the longest? WAIT WHUT?

I’m not really sure what to believe, my own nostalgic feelings of a short [but still fun] campaign in Halo 2 or the people saying Halo 2 was longer then the other Halo games.

Wait. Wasn’t Halo 2 hated on a ton because of how SHORT the game was. From what I remember people said it was shorter then Halo:CE, it was one of the things people bashed it on.

It had the most levels and I can say it had its variety and a big selection [something I hope Halo 4 can have] yet the game being bigger? Most of the levels seemed half legthed and a few were extremely short.

Not sure Halo 2 was the longest, I can’t say it is, I played it a ton of times and seemed shorter then the other games to me. And I don’t count legendary because Halo 2 legendary is just B.S crazy. Heroic is wheres it’s at, and wasn’t that long.

try using the H2 forum for this maybe…

> try using the H2 forum for this maybe…

I can see where hes coming from with it being in General Discussion, it is discussing Halo 2’s campaign relative to all the others.

But the length of a campaign is mostly opinion. What you might of heard of was that Halo 2 took the longest to complete on Legendary of any other game.

Halo 2 is one of the longest if not the longest, those people back then had no idea what they were talking about back then, they bashed on halo 2 simply because it wasn’t halo ce even tho it was a perfect sequel.

> Halo 2 is one of the longest if not the longest, those people back then had no idea what they were talking about back then, they bashed on halo 2 simply because it wasn’t halo ce even tho it was a perfect sequel.

Lol, It was long if you played it on legendary X_X

Halo 2 was longer than Halo 3, but shorter than Halo: CE because Bungie cut the repetitive confusing bits, and there was little to no backtracking. Halo 2 also lost 3 known levels (Covenant Ship, Forerunner Tank, and Dreadnought), and an entire third act due to time constraints.

It takes forever to beat all Skull on Legendary no deaths. I should know I did it.

All I know is that it felt like it took me a year to beat Halo 2. I won’t make that mistake again.

Longest compared to what standards? Every play through for every person deals a different amount of time it took to complete. It’s hard to compare apples to oranges, other than they’re both fruits.

> It takes forever to beat all Skull on Legendary no deaths. I should know I did it.

Please go here and tell us how you beat Halo 2 SLASO no deaths. We’d like to hear your methods.

Edited by a Moderator - Please do not attack other forum members.

I’ve never seen or heard people complaining about it being the shortest, rather they complained because it felt like it ended too early, which in a way it did.

people hate the campaign because its the most linear. its corridor after corridor. even when you are outside in the big open world, you feel like you are stuck in a corridor.

the set pieces sucked too.

no one expected the piece of crap we got. we were expecting the halo 2 that was in the video demonstration at e3.

> people hate the campaign because its the most linear. its corridor after corridor. even when you are outside in the big open world, you feel like you are stuck in a corridor.
>
> the set pieces sucked too.
>
> no one expected the piece of crap we got. we were expecting the halo 2 that was in the video demonstration at e3.

In 2004 most games were linear, but H2 was anything but linear. No game has ever given me the freedom to roam as H2 still does, not even CE and that includes today’s games. Even Cairo, which you had to use corridors, allowed you to go all the way back if you were clever enough to. I’d say CE and H2 were for intelligent users who, if they took the time to study the environment could go anywhere they want, imo.

The set pieces, lol.

There’s lots of people, millions is my guess, that do not think that H2 “is a piece of crap”. You only speak for yourself, as do I.

You H2 haters always have the choice of not buying and not playing H2. What is funny to me is that all the H2 haters will probably buy the remake (if it’s remade) if only to say how much they hate it again. Priceless!

i cant rely say anything compared to one and i dont remeber the number or levels it had (i was like 7) but me and my budie beat it in like a week or so

> You H2 haters always have the choice of not buying and not playing H2. What is funny to me is that all the H2 haters will probably buy the remake (if it’s remade) if only to say how much they hate it again. Priceless!

no i wouldn’t but a halo 2 remake unless they changed core gameplay. i was tricked into buying halo 2 because i thought it would be lie ce or the e3 gameplay.

Edited by a Moderator. Do not attack other forum members.