Halo 2 HD

With Halo 2 HD being rumoured to be created, what would you want from it?

Personally I feel that they should add the bits that were taken out from the original game.

In my opinion they would do the same thing they are doing with HCEA. But I would want live support back.

i want live for it back to, but i doubt that will happen, bungie still owns halo2 and they took it off, sad face, but a REMAKE with like waterworks and turf and relic…that would be great, an HD halo 2 would have my wallet on the cashiers table with enough money to buy 3 halo 2 copies.

It’s only being rumored by people who want it, hmm…I think they are going to make Halo 3: ODST “HD”. It’s pretty obvious they are making it/sarcasm. Frankie said they don’t have any plans on remastering Halo 2 unless it’s the right thing to do for that game. They only remade CE because it is the 10th anniversary, there is no way Halo 2: Anniversary would already be in development, we still have 3 years until it’s 10th anniversary

> It’s only being rumored by people who want it, hmm…I think they are going to make Halo 3: ODST “HD”. It’s pretty obvious they are making it/sarcasm. Frankie said they don’t have any plans on remastering Halo 2 unless it’s the right thing to do for that game. They only remade CE because it is the 10th anniversary, there is no way Halo 2: Anniversary would already be in development, we still have 3 years until it’s 10th anniversary

Microsoft said there may well be a Halo 2 HD. It was an a news article on Xbox360achievements.org

It’s a rumor at this point. There was an interview, forgot who, that said they might consider doing it if the demand is there and if Anniversary does well? Nothing’s been announced yet, and they certainly wouldn’t be working on it already. Just keep saying you’d like Halo 2 HD and they might do it sometime in the future.

It would be nothing but a money grab, but you guys are so blinded by nostalgia you’d buy it. Wanting this game is saying you don’t want new ideas. No new Halo Wars? No ODST? No other type of spin-off?

No Halo 2 HD.

> It would be nothing but a money grab, but you guys are so blinded by nostalgia you’d buy it. Wanting this game is saying you don’t want new ideas. No new Halo Wars? No ODST? No other type of spin-off?
>
> No Halo 2 HD.

You, my friend, are rather ignorant. Who says that people who want a remake of H2 don’t want HW2 or ODST2? In fact, I want all three of these games.

A remake of H2 that runs natively on the xbox360, with updated graphics, remastered sound, and - most importantly - without the ghost image glitch would be awesome, even if it was campaign only.

YES, I would LOVE a Halo 2 remake to bring back good memories…

BUT, It would have to be EXACTLY 101% The same, of course graphics upgrade is an acception…

AND… ALL the multiplayer maps have to be in the game, not choose 7 or 8, im mean ALL are in it, including DLC ones too.

While I was in the Community Game Night with 343i, Total Sellout said this after someone asked about a Halo 2 HD.

“The only reason we actually did Halo CEA was because the fans requested it”

In other words, make a big fuss out of it, we will get a team to do it.

> While I was in the Community Game Night with 343i, Total Sellout said this after someone asked about a Halo 2 HD.
>
> “The only reason we actually did Halo CEA was because the fans requested it”
>
> In other words, make a big fuss out of it, we will get a team to do it.

Somehow I’m starting to feel sorry for 343i…

:wink:

no dont feel sorry for them, im sure they love halo2 as much as we do, and since it isnt as much work as making another full title, it could be a breathing room between halo 4 and halo 5

> i want live for it back to, but i doubt that will happen, bungie still owns halo2 and they took it off, sad face, but a REMAKE with like waterworks and turf and relic…that would be great, an HD halo 2 would have my wallet on the cashiers table with enough money to buy 3 halo 2 copies.

Bungie doesn’t own any halo anymore. And microsoft took down live support for all the xbox originals (that includes halo 2), it wasn’t bungie’s choice.

> With Halo 2 HD being rumoured to be created, what would you want from it?
>
> Personally I feel that they should add the bits that were taken out from the original game.

There is no such rumor.

Yes! Halo 2 was the best Halo game by far!

in opposition ot mr sauces previous statement YES there is a rumor, there was a interview a couple months/weeks back where they said that if CEA went well and the fans demanded it, halo2 would probably be made.

In defence of mr super sauce, it is not technically rumored as there is nothing to suggest that they are going making it, just that it has crossed there mind

They’re not making it.

Don’t believe everything you read.

It NEEDS to happen. Halo 2 for Xbox 360 has all sorts of emulation and perfromance problems (ghost images, disappearing background effects, no multiplayer, etc). Heck, it needs it more than Halo 1 did. I honestly wouldn’t mind if they just ported it to the 360 from the PC and kept the multiplayer.

Also, once HCEA hits the shelves on Nov. 15th, H2 will be the only game not available for the xbox360.